Page 1 of 3
LastLast

controller or keyboard for pc gaming

Do you guys use the keyboard or a controller for PC gaming? For me it depends on the game. But I go back and forth.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Depends on the game.

FPS games? definitely KBM. Some games are better played with a controller.

KBM... though since i bought a console recently i can sort of see the benefit of using a controller for certain games.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Platformers, RPGs, etc I Play with a controller

Any fine motor skill games (FPS, TPS) or things like RTS I play with m/kb

If WoW supported controller as well as FFXIV, I'd play that with controller too :P the addon is great, but it's not quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    For me it depends on the game.
    No shit. It's ALWAYS depends on the game. For everyone. That's a weird question to ask in the first place.

Playing fightings, driving games, platformers and 3rd person action (depends) games on a keyboard is the same as playing RTS and shooters on a gamepad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Both. There are games i can't imagine playing with controller, but also some that are utter masochism with keyboard.

kbm for anything except dark souls

It of course depends on the game. Picking and choosing the best options is one of the defining aspects of PC gaming.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

If it can't be played with kb/m its not getting installed on my pc. Simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    If it can't be played with kb/m its not getting installed on my pc. Simple as that
    That's some strange hate, and you're missing out on some decent games that play like ass with a kb/m.

I use both, but mouse and keyboard for the vast majority of games, even those where controller would likely be better. But for games like DS, I still prefer controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's some strange hate, and you're missing out on some decent games that play like ass with a kb/m.
    Managed just fine with dark souls 1, 2 and 3 and other games with ass kb/m controllers.

Kb/m for most games,360 controller for JRPG's though.

10+ Year Old Account
    KB+M for games like FPS, Pillars of Eternity/Divinity: Original Sin, RTS, X-COM style

Controller for action-style games like Dark Souls, Neir, Diablo 3, Kingdoms of Amalur, Gothic, Monster Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

KBM for most games, controller for some, like FIFA etc.

I bought Moonlighter on Steam a while back. First game I've ever bought a controller for. Games like that just feel better on a controller. Probably gonna pick up Chrono Trigger on Steam and use the controller for it as well. But 99% of the time, I'll pick a keyboard and mouse every time.

Driving, fighting, and side scrollers games will be controller. I tried steam controller for XCom and just could not do it. Ended up making a lot of miss clicks that it was not worth the learning curve. Tried it with some other shooter games and no go. Needs feedback, a change of texture, and click force change would help with it not feeling cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Do you guys use the keyboard or a controller for PC gaming? For me it depends on the game. But I go back and forth.
    What? Literally no serious gamer will say anything but "it depends on the game". Weird question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Example of non-serious gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What? Literally no serious gamer will say anything but "it depends on the game". Weird question.

- - - Updated - - -

Example of non-serious gamer.
    except you are insanely wrong. I play games atleast 10 hours a day. Sad, but still the facts. Its a preference, Am i not allowed to have one ?