Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Stark View Post
    Did you even look at the graph. Democrats aren’t centrist. Trump is. That you don’t see that is why you’re so extreme. The graph shows that for you, just in case you skipped over it. You can see the mass of blue voters on the lower left. That’s not the center. It’s the extreme left. See how that works?
    If Democrats are extreme left then what does that make the rest of the developed world? Literally Stalin?

This assumes there isn’t miles of disparity from the left and “Stalin”, or that there aren’t dramatic similarities between the left and Stalin. Opposition to due process and free speech being great examples. I know you’re only focused on the millions Stalin killed, but to compare that to any party or leader in the western world is incredibly hyperbolic. It’s why morons who parrot Trump is Hitler or MAGA hats are the same a klucker robes should mocked and scorned.
    Opposition to due process? You mean like when Trump was chanting "LOCK HER UP?"
    Opposition to free speech? You mean like how Trump dislikes pretty much every part of the 1st amendment?

Isn't this where I say "whataboutism"? Yea, Trump's the enemy of the first amendment. He's the one advocating people be compelled to use words and some ideas are just too dangerous to be said.
    Please, show me where Democrats are trying to limit 1st amendment rights or trying to get rid of due process.

For real? Any notion of hate speech. Compelled speech where someone is required to use pronouns not rooted in science, but in direct opposition to it. The notion anyone added to the terror watch list (a list no judge places you on and which you have no direct recourse to be removed from - Ted Kennedy was erroneously added) should be deprived of constitutional rights. I forget the person who was given a rough ride in Baltimore, but the DA ended up getting in serious trouble due to her desire to ignore due process and rush to trial. Any recent public event where an alleged crime was committed against a minority or woman. Trump is certainly no defender of due process, but it's clear that a rush to judgement and denial of defined and agreed upon rights are predominately under attack from the leftward side of the political spectrum. Feigning concern for due process so illegal immigrants whom lack a bona fide asylum claim can remain in the US for decades before being finally captured and ordered for removal isn't genuine concern. And that seems to be the limit of progressive focus on due process. But sure, "Believe all women" is totally compatible with western jurisprudence and due process.
    No one is legislating pronouns.
    Terror watch list was created under Bush, you know, a REPUBLICAN.

And the rest is just vague and generic talking points. Give specifics.

NYC regulated pronouns. I’m sure a court will eventually strike it down, but it’s currently the law. I gave you specifics, you just ignored them.

I’m not against the terror watch list. It’s fine to keep non citizens from entering the US or flying. It’s not ok to deprive a citizen of a constitutional right because some suit erroneously added their name to a list.
    Oh, right, you mean the bill that stops employers from harassing their employees?

You're pro-harassment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh, right, you mean the bill that stops employers from harassing their employees?

You're pro-harassment?
    Seriously, portraying those kinds of anti-harassment laws as "legislating pronouns" is as dishonest as seeing laws against sexual harassment and saying "geez, now complimenting women is illegal".

Same level of complete and utter bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Trump is centrist? Are you FUCKING high? I want to know what you are smoking to think that Trump is ANYWHERE NEAR centrist. Because you should fucking share.
    He believe he's the centre of the universe. That obviously makes him the ultimate centrist.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Please, show me where Democrats are trying to limit 1st amendment rights or trying to get rid of due process.
    It's funny because Trump literally wants to shut down and imprison press yet somehow people think he supports the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    He believe he's the centre of the universe. That obviously makes him the ultimate centrist.
    We have posters on this forum who staunchly believe Trump is a liberal.

Just a reminder, there are a lot of people who believe a NYC oligarch with business all over the world, is the common man fighting coastal elites that push globalization. If you are willing to believe that, why not that he is a liberal? Why not that he is centrist? Why not that he was sent by JFK jr to cure all American ills? In the context of what Trump is versus what people believe he is, anything is possible. I think he was my first gf in disguise... that explains a lot.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    No one is legislating pronouns.
    Terror watch list was created under Bush, you know, a REPUBLICAN.

And the rest is just vague and generic talking points. Give specifics.
    Always hilarious to listen to these people whine about pronouns while the Trump administration ignores the Chechen slaughter of gay individuals or sends trans women refugees home to their deaths — that is if they’re not straight up murdered in ICE custody.

LGBTQ people are dying and these little shits are whining about pronouns.