Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The US is trillions in debt because we've gone into 2 wars and 7 interventions we didn't need to bother with.

But that's besides the point. I'm not making up a BS narrative, the message is simple, a company with record profits doesn't need to lay off employees so the executives can have larger bonuses at the end of the year.

Nor are these 800 jobs paying for the 20% dev increase (which on some teams could consist of 4 people, they're so small)
    You continue to be wrong. The US was trillins in debt BEFORE the 2 wars and 7 interventions. Try again.

Yes, you are making a BS narrative. They are not firing people so executives can have their larger bonuses at the end of the yera. They are restructuring because they realize the company is not running at optimum efficiency and are proactively keeping the company from getting bloated. Never run a company because you wouls spend it into brankruptcy with "You should spend it because you have it attitude".

Congrats on 100. Economics is a lot simpler than you want to pretend it is. I doubt you have a degree, don't try and lecture anyone here.
    Funny coming from the guy who is trying to lecture everyone else and acting like a know-it-all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop trying to force your "go woke go broke" meme it reeks of desperation. It's also generally the opposite case more times than not except for your boomer exclusive brands.

This is corporate greed and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    20% increased development staff won't help BfA/WoW though. Content is already released at a fast enough level.
    ... it will help more come out, aswell as more changes we wish for...

also if we could get MORE content how is that a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You continue to be wrong. The US was trillins in debt BEFORE the 2 wars and 7 interventions. Try again.

Yes, you are making a BS narrative. They are not firing people so executives can have their larger bonuses at the end of the yera. They are restructuring because they realize the company is not running at optimum efficiency and are proactively keeping the company from getting bloated. Never run a company because you wouls spend it into brankruptcy with "You should spend it because you have it attitude".

Funny coming from the guy who is trying to lecture everyone else and acting like a know-it-all.
    We had a surplus under Clinton. But keep lying, again not the point, stop trying to interject politics into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ahh mmoc never change.

X happens and you have all these derps coming out of the woodwork making logic leaps to fit their agendas.

Just like the OP.
    "Blizzard should collapse"
    "X Y and Z should be fired"
    "All the devs are shit and need to be replaced"
    "No one at blizz cares anymore they are all a bunch of money hungry shills."

2 weeks later

"OMFG SOME PEOPLE AT BLIZZ WERE FIRED OMFG!!!!"

https://twitter.com/StormFel/status/1095662899752775681
    my actual thoughts on the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Yeah, making remarks on my post comment isn't going to save your hide and think you're somehow better. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut than to say idiotic things, which by your join date and post count, says a lot.

I don't have a degree, but you're accusing me for saying I pretend that economics are pretty simple while your solution was to just give laid off workers stocks instead and let them into the company again? Really?
    No I'm accusing you of pretending economics are so complicated that 800 people absolutely had to be fired amidst record profits. I'm not hiding either, I'm right here telling you that you are dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    it happens all the time we just don't hear about it inless your top dog of something WoW being the king of MMorpg of course people will notice and care then lawls not shocking at all really they just want more money to come in and those people wont vs getting that 20% increase instead is a lot more important then keeping those people.
    Exactly. They do this for efficiency reasons. You don't keep 800 people when 600 can do the job just fine. You cut the 200 so the money saved there can be spent in other areas that need fixing or more investment. YOu don't waste money on 200 people you don't need simply because you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ... it will help more come out, aswell as more changes we wish for...

also if we could get MORE content how is that a bad thing?
    Are you seriouslly trying to defend this? I mean you always defend blizz, but this is a bit much.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

You don't slash anyone' pay like that otherwise you will not get top flight executives to run your company. You have to compete with other companies therefore bonuses and compensation packages have to be in line with other corporations. You start slashing that and that will cause some real leadership problems which can lead to am actual financial crises because those in charge have no clue what to do and only came into the job because they were willing to work for far lesss than anywhere else.
    I'd like to see actual sources proving that these ultra-paid guys actually provides a better health than the guys below who do the real work.
    To keep your expenses in line, you cut off the bloat. You don't keep 800 employees when 600 is enough to do the job. You cut off the 200 you don't need. This isn't welfare. Nobody is guaranteed a job.
    Yeah, and as I pointed, there is more bloat in a single bonus to a single person at the top, that in these 800 lay-off put together. As I said, I want actual data about this single guy providing more revenue that these 800.

IF you look down at all the replies that tweeter added, you will see he listed 28 of those that were laid off. Conveneiently they were almost all women and minorities and the erson who posted it is saying that is proof that they are eliminating only those int he diversity quota. ALl it does show is that the tweeter cherry picked the people he listed and the person who posted it here is trying to spin that into them getting rid of the diversity quota.
    That's exactly what I looked at, and that's exactly what lead to the final sentence in what you quoted!

No I'm accusing you of pretending economics are so complicated that 800 people absolutely had to be fired amidst record profits. I'm not hiding either, I'm right here telling you that you are dead wrong.
    The only one who is dead wrong is you. You don't simply keep people on the payroll simply because you can afford it. You only keep the amount of people to fulfill the companies needs. The people they laid off were not needed to fulfill the companies needs.

You have no clue how to run a business and need to quit while you are behind.

They're laying off customer service and CMs and PR managers. The entire problem with Blizzard atm is that they're massively out of touch and are making products people don't want anymore, which is why their stocks halved after Blizzcon.

Laying off half the departments in charge of this stuff isn't exactly the solution. From what I've heard, customer service in EU is devastated by the layoffs that happened before this one. I expect it to get much worse for those in NA now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing to me how many people want to defend a billion dollar corporation, paying executives who do nothing millions a year, while they fire 800 employees that aren't responsible for the company's downturn.
    I obviously can’t speak for everyone but I can imagine many are in the same situation as me. I’ve used customer service twice. Once in vanilla when my char was stuck under ZG so a GM had to port me and once in TBC when I got hacked and all my items were
    deleted.

My point is that many aren’t using the customer service anymore and a lot can be solved online. Hence customer service staff isn’t needed anymore.

Regarding Diablo Immortal. I am 100% that game will make ludicrous money. Yes. The announcement was weird but the reception of the BlizzCon audience was pretty childish tbh.

The only one who is dead wrong is you. You don't simply keep people on the payroll simply because you can afford it. You only keep the amount of people to fulfill the companies needs. The people they laid off were not needed to fulfill the companies needs.

You have no clue how to run a business and need to quit while you are behind.
    You don't fire people who did nothing wrong amidst record profits, because you don't need to, certainly not customer service and CR people. Apparently they're doing a good job if you turned record profits in a time where Fortnite exists and BFA is a steaming pile of dung.

Yes I am going to ignore it, just as you should OP. Acti-Blizz is a big company with more than 9 thousand employees. Layoffs are a normal thing for a company of that size, they happen everyday and everywhere, not just in Acti-Blizz. People are just raging at Acti-Blizz because it is obviously an ongoing trend here on mmoc.
    Let me put it this way, maybe clueless ragers who just troll on these forums with zero understanding of the actual matter will get it. If you're making profit in your shop while having 10 employees, and you realise that 5 people aren't necessary for the wellbeing of your shop and that your work can continue without them, you're going to lay them off, because they are just that, unnecessary and a waste of your money which can be put elsewhere to improve other aspects of your shop.
    I know some people get confused when they have to deal with "big" numbers, maybe this will help these poor fellas out.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I obviously can’t speak for everyone but I can imagine many are in the same situation as me. I’ve used customer service twice. Once in vanilla when my char was stuck under ZG so a GM had to port me and once in TBC when I got hacked and all my items were
    deleted.

My point is that many aren’t using the customer service anymore and a lot can be solved online. Hence customer service staff isn’t needed anymore.

Regarding Diablo Immortal. I am 100% that game will make ludicrous money. Yes. The announcement was weird but the reception of the BlizzCon audience was pretty childish tbh.
    It'll make loads of money, just not in America. It was originally intended for the Chinese audience. Customer service deals with more than hacks and in-game issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'd like to see actual sources proving that these ultra-paid guys actually provides a better health than the guys below who do the real work.

Yeah, and as I pointed, there is more bloat in a single bonus to a single person at the top, that in these 800 lay-off put together. As I said, I want actual data about this single guy providing more revenue that these 800.
    That isn't bloat. That is what keeps Activision-Blizzard competitive with other companies in attracting top level executives. Slashing bonuses and making your company far less competitive with others means those top executives will go elsewhere leaving you with 2nd rate executives. The bloat is where you are spending money that is a waste. All the extra employees that aren't needed are a waste. No reason to keep them on and you sure as hell don't keep them on simply because you can afford to. You cut them to stay effecient and gain the ability to spend the money you saved by reallocating it to places that will help the company better.

We must fight these capitalistic pigs comrade, you're right!

It'll make loads of money, just not in America. It was originally intended for the Chinese audience. Customer service deals with more than hacks and in-game issues.
    It's intended for ALL mobile game audiences and that includes mobile gamers in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    Yes I am going to ignore it, just as you should OP. Acti-Blizz is a big company with more than 9 thousand employees. Layoffs are a normal thing for a company of that size, they happen everyday and everywhere, not just in Acti-Blizz. People are just raging at Acti-Blizz because it is obviously an ongoing trend here on mmoc.
    Let me put it this way, maybe clueless ragers who just troll on these forums with zero understanding of the actual matter will get it. If you're making profit in your shop while having 10 employees, and you realise that 5 people aren't necessary for the wellbeing of your shop and that your work can continue without them, you're going to lay them off, because they are just that, unnecessary and a waste of your money which can be put elsewhere to improve other aspects of your shop.
    I know some people get confused when they have to deal with "big" numbers, maybe this will help these poor fellas out.
    Exactly what I have been saying the entire time. You don't keep employees because you can afford it. You only keep the employees you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    20% increased development staff won't help BfA/WoW though. Content is already released at a fast enough level.
    I strongly disagree. I find the current cadence of updates to world and story content extremely slow. And while we may disagree on this, I do think it is undisputable that core systems are in obvious need of more developer attention.

- There has been no attention to fixing broken and/or boring specs.
    - Warfronts being faceroll is very likely due to not having the resources needed to tune higher difficulties.
    - Azerite Traits ended up becoming mostly pseudo-trinket effects rather than having the more interesting effects initially described when BfA was presented.
    - No iteration on World Quest mechanics compared to Legion. On the contrary, they did even more leveling quest copy-paste jobs than in Legion.
    - Professions being abandoned and made essentially useless.
    - Island Expeditions lacking any interesting variety and just being slightly randomized trash grinds with the experimental AI as the only saving grace.
    - Allied races being delayed far beyond what anyone expected at release. They flat out admitted that they had trouble getting the work done to finish Kul Tirans before now.

There are so many examples of things in BfA being delayed, abandoned or half-baked. Adding more developers will certainly help avoid this becoming a problem for the next expansion and the final patch(es) of BfA.

That isn't bloat. That is what keeps Activision-Blizzard competitive with other companies in attracting top level executives. Slashing bonuses and making your company far less competitive with others means those top executives will go elsewhere leaving you with 2nd rate executives. The bloat is where you are spending money that is a waste. All the extra employees that aren't needed are a waste. No reason to keep them on and you sure as hell don't keep them on simply because you can afford to. You cut them to stay effecient and gain the ability to spend the money you saved by reallocating it to places that will help the company better.
    2nd rate executives might be better than what we have to be quite honest.