Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[SPOILERS] Who does Derek Proodmoore kill?

He’s been turned. Sylvanas is a smart one. She staged that meeting with the leaders of the Horde in stormsong valley specifically so the Alliance could see it. It’s needs to appear that Baine really did betray her, even though he (unknowingly) did exactly what she wanted.

Derek was chained up in the pyramid of Dazar’alor, well guarded, and in front of all. It would’ve been near impossible for Baine to sneak him out of there. So Sylanas moves him to her own ship, away from the fleet, in open waters, with minimal crew. Even as Baine beats on the crew they say “they were just following orders” but don’t specify what those orders were. Sylvanas baited it and Baine took it. He delivered a ticking time bomb right into the Alliance, and her show of force afterwards allievaited any suspicion.

So how did she turn him? Was he hers all along? Was the process completed before she put him on the boat? Does he even have free will?

I really want to know what the outcome will be. I highly doubt he’ll get to Jaina, but maybe Katherine Proudmoore? The dialogue between Jaina and Anduin suggest he’ll be taken to Cailia Menethil, so maybe she is a target? Could Lady Ashane possibly have a part in all of this too as we are unsure why Sylvanas rescued her?

Tell me your thoughts!

P.S. I believe Sylvanas knew about the attack on Dazar’alor and let it happen. She needed Talanji on the throne. Losing part of the fleet was the price.

Even though anyone could be a target, I think Sylvanas doesn't give a f about the Proudmoores. Calia could be a target but pretty pointless, her death wouldn't accomplish anything, except maybe a posthumous vengeance against the Lich King ? Who cares, he's dead.

I'd say Anduin is the target (obvious tactical reasons), or Genn (because Sylvanas only dreams about him every night).

I'm also hoping that Sylvanas has planned all this for a long time (mainly because I can't stand this Baine, and I'd love Sylvanas to do something smart, for once), but the overall writing of BfA makes me doubt. There is a high chance this "why would she move Derek onto this ship with minimal crew" is just another nonsensical random decision from Sylvanas just to push the story forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    He’s been turned. Sylvanas is a smart one. She staged that meeting with the leaders of the Horde in stormsong valley specifically so the Alliance could see it. It’s needs to appear that Baine really did betray her, even though he (unknowingly) did exactly what she wanted.

Derek was chained up in the pyramid of Dazar’alor, well guarded, and in front of all. It would’ve been near impossible for Baine to sneak him out of there. So Sylanas moves him to her own ship, away from the fleet, in open waters, with minimal crew. Even as Baine beats on the crew they say “they were just following orders” but don’t specify what those orders were. Sylvanas baited it and Baine took it. He delivered a ticking time bomb right into the Alliance, and her show of force afterwards allievaited any suspicion.

So how did she turn him? Was he hers all along? Was the process completed before she put him on the boat? Does he even have free will?

I really want to know what the outcome will be. I highly doubt he’ll get to Jaina, but maybe Katherine Proudmoore? The dialogue between Jaina and Anduin suggest he’ll be taken to Cailia Menethil, so maybe she is a target? Could Lady Ashane possibly have a part in all of this too as we are unsure why Sylvanas rescued her?

Tell me your thoughts!

P.S. I believe Sylvanas knew about the attack on Dazar’alor and let it happen. She needed Talanji on the throne. Losing part of the fleet was the price.
    I hope this is true, I hope this is what happens. I want something good to come from this whole joke of an xpac.

Sylvanas is a smart one.
    No she is not. She was betrayed by so many people in just a few years: Putress, Varimathras (a Dreadlord that she trusted), Godfrey (she was stupid enough to turn her back on a free-willed Gilnean supremacist wielding a shotgun), Koltira, Galen Trollbane, Zekhan... If she were smart, she wouldn't have been backstabbed so many times. If she were smart, she wouldn't have died three times in her youth. She is lucky that Thrall listened to Runetotem's advice, otherwise she and her Forsaken would be extinct by now. Sylvanas is far from being a cunning individual and her plans constantly backfire.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I was thinking he'd kill Jaina's mother. But her mother acts as the quest giver for newly made Kul Tirans, so now I have doubts.

Calia won't die after they just ressed her, so I doubt it's her.

Jaina's plot armor is too thick. The second he reaches for a sharp object she'll just teleport away.

Maybe he'll kill Tandred, but we hardly know the bloke, so his death will be meaningless to the player and would only serve to flip Jaina back to being angry again which, let's face it, she'll probably do even if he doesn't die.

Most likely the plan will fail or he'll kill himself to prevent it.

Or maybe Blizzard decided to have Sylvanas' brainwashing remain incomplete for whatever reason. Just to make her look even more like a moron.

His target should be Jaina. If not for her this war would have ended at Lordaeron twice over and she's arguably the Alliance's strongest weapon. Moreso than their fleet.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-02-06 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    No she is not. She was betrayed by so many people in just a few years: Putress, Varimathras (a Dreadlord that she trusted), Godfrey (she was stupid enough to turn her back on a free-willed Gilnean supremacist wielding a shotgun), Koltira, Galen Trollbane, Zekhan... If she were smart, she wouldn't have been backstabbed so many times. If she were smart, she wouldn't have died three times in her youth. She is lucky that Thrall listened to Runetotem's advice, otherwise she and her Forsaken would be extinct by now. Sylvanas is far from being a cunning individual and her plans constantly backfire.
    Sounds like you’re posting emotionally instead of objectively. She knew about Putress (May have even orchestrated it), she knew about Varimathras, what did koltira do to her? And zekhan was never with her..

She is a great tactician and plans out far in advance. “She is patient that one”. She tricked the entire Alliance into marching its entire army and fleet in the wrong direction while allowing them to think they had accurate spies. She would have succeeded in killing all the leaders of the Alliance at Lorderan had an unexpected Jaina not shown up. She knew it was a good idea to kill off the desolate council before the infection grew. She only reveals her cards when she has to and would rather just influence from the shadows

5+ Year Old Account
    the natural target is jaina, she saved the alliance like 3 times, killing her would probably be a devastating blow to the alliance, or at least is the maximum damage that derek could cause and plus the alliance would lost a demigod, she is a nuclear weapon walking (okay maybe i exaggerated)

katherine could be another target but i am not so sure about the idea of enraging the nuclear weapon, probably she would make mistakes enraged?

the third target could be calia herself but that would mean that sylvanas can predict the future if she knew that derek was going to be send to her.

nobody cares about tandreed.

if i have to bet is either katherine or calia.

Yeah, that thought also crossed my mind before. Would also explain the strange overacting from Derek's voice actor. Jaina would be the obvious target. I have a feeling Tandred will die in the process though.

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    the natural target is jaina, she saved the alliance like 3 times, killing her would probably be a devastating blow to the alliance, or at least is the maximum damage that derek could cause and plus the alliance would lost a demigod, she is a nuclear weapon walking (okay maybe i exaggerated)

katherine could be another target but i am not so sure about the idea of enraging the nuclear weapon, probably she would make mistakes enraged?

the third target could be calia herself but that would mean that sylvanas can predict the future if she knew that derek was going to be send to her.

nobody cares about tandreed.

if i have to bet is either katherine or calia.
    Anduin knows of Calia, Anduin talks to Baine. Also Sylvanas knows the undead priest who helped bring her back. Anduin, Jaina, and Cailia would be there.

Or perhaps Sylvanas is curious as to how Cailia was brought back and was hoping the same could be done to Derek? Probably still looking for another being that can raise the dead so she can capture it (the naaru in priest order hall)

She knew about Putress (May have even orchestrated it), she knew about Varimathras
    She orchestrated the Wrathgate, she didn't orchestrate Putress and Varimathras kicking her out of the Undercity and almost summoning Sargeras.

what did koltira do to her?
    He failed to do his job as he was still drawn to his Alliance friend. A smart leader doesn't entrust the conquest of an entire city to a gullible fool with ties to the enemy.

And zekhan was never with her..
    And we don't need to worry since she will never discover that he went rogue.

She is a great tactician and plans out far in advance.
    If she did, she would have realized that burning Teldrassil wouldn't kill the Night Elves' hope but only make them angrier. If she did, the Horde wouldn't be losing on all fronts.
    She tricked the entire Alliance into marching its entire army and fleet in the wrong direction while allowing them to think they had accurate spies. She would have succeeded in killing all the leaders of the Alliance at Lorderan had an unexpected Jaina not shown up.
    It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Blizzard dumbed down the Alliance to make that happen:

Shaw ----> One of the most elite spies in the world, falls for an obvious trick.
    Anduin and Greymane ----> Know exactly who they're dealing with, forget about the Blight.

She knew it was a good idea to kill off the desolate council before the infection grew.
    Clearly she failed, given how most Horde leaders are reconsidering their allegiances. Also she murdered the loyalists as well, something that angered Nathanos as well.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

He's been raised by Sylvanas and bound on some level to the Forsaken (which apparently all raised undead are these days according to Voss), had god knows what experimentation or control forced on to him.

The Alliance would have to be REALLY stupid not to keep him under strict lock and key...

...yeah he's totally going to gank someone. I'm guessing Tandred, as he seems something of a red-shirt.

It is interesting that Derek has his own unique model now though. It's possible he will be of greater importance to the overall story then rather than just some throwaway plot point.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't kept up on the story but I'll cast my vote for Katherine. She's important in context but ultimately cannon fodder for the writers. And it lets Blizz pretend there was some form of tit-for-tat with Rastakhan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    "Yes, if we kill the Proudmoores, the Alliance wil surely crumble!"

/laughs as the Night Elves who should've also lost hope are recovering Darkshore
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Zekhan
    Zekhan is nobody. His name shouldn't be anywhere near this list.

Implying Putress and Varimathras didn't take the hit for Wrathgate and it was Sylvanas who betrayed or "betrayed" them.
    Zekhan is nobody in the Horde so it doesn't even matter.
    That leaves Godfrey which was a dumb move on her part, Koltira which was minor in effect and exposed by Sylvanas and Galen which again was just a minor pest.
    S.H.

Think he'll end up killing Katherine (an analogy to Rastakhan's death because.. Blizzard's parity in virtual storytelling?) or possibly Tandred, making Varimathras' prediction from Antorus for the Alliance come true. He was right about the Horde one, so this one's pending.

The most likely candidate is Katherine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    "Yes, if we kill the Proudmoores, the Alliance wil surely crumble!"

/laughs as the Night Elves who should've also lost hope are recovering Darkshore
    Not to mention that, if Daelin is any indication, the Kul Tirans are really good at holding a grudge. Even if Derek somehow manages to slaughter the entire family (which is an incredibly long shot considering one of them is a demigod at this point), they would likely still be angry enough at the Horde to put differences aside in the short term. Not to mention Sylvanas had the Zandalari themselves as a great counter-example of how such plans end up working.

They really did turn her into a cartoon villain, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    He will go to kill Jaina, and someone will throw themselves in the way and die. Maybe mom. Or he will try and kill Anduin, and Genn will throw himself in the way, teaching the moral that you should sacrifice yourself for someone better than you blah blah.
    I want the Genn scenario to happen just because I want that criminal to die already.

I think he may be aimed at Anduin and Alonsus, or one of those two. Anduin for obvious reasons and Alonsus because he annoyed Sylvanas in Before the Storm and has the means and the will to bring the Forsaken 'hope' and a different way of life.
    I'm not sure if she knows about Calia, but if she does, she's a possible target too.

Woohoo, if he succeeds in killing Alonsus that is going mess with Anduin too, with Turalyon, both of whom will probably kill Derek and realize too late it wasn't his fault. At least Anduin will fall for another guilt-despair and start doing even more drastic things. It's exactly what she wants, as pointed out in 'A good war': "They had used their power not to win a battle or buy time for their people’s evacuation, but to inflict pain and nothing else. Their fury had stripped away every civilized pretense, every semblance of honor, and they had shown who they truly were.
    That was what war did. That was what it was for: to give civilized beings permission to do the unthinkable. Only then could you achieve the impossible."

I also think Derek is already prepared and ready. Sylvanas knew about Baine's plan and had the player that informed her go through with it. With the public show of Baine's arrest and Zellig's execution, she uses the same trick as in 'A good war' with the Alliance spies in Stormsong and makes the Alliance think Baine was successful.

My bet is on a Garona-like control that lets him be himself until Sylvanas 'pulls the trigger'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

They really did turn her into a cartoon villain, did they?
    "And now, I will tickle Jaina... TO DEATH"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.