Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    cause she cares literally nothing for that and would just shoot him there and then.
    she can't.

she does that, she'd be deposed immediately, and she knows it.

Its orcish tradition thats why.And since orcs are founders of horde it should be every race tradition.Orcs are in fact Horde the other races are like passive annoyance.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Rewatching the cutscene where Sylvanas confronts Baine in front of all of the Horde leaders, I couldn't help but think: Why didn't Baine just challenge her to mak'gora?

That would have literally been the best time for Baine to confront Sylvanas, in front of all the Horde leaders, including two OG Horde members with Rexxar and Eitrigg. What is she going to, turn him down? That's an immediate loss of her title and banishment (as least per orcish tradition).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I think he’d simply loose. She got that weird buff lately, trading blows with Malfurion and all that.
    And to mqke it worse, if he dies in that duel, after challenging her himself, well... The fault is his. Not even other tauren would see this as a crime on Sylvanas’s part.
    Overall, it would have achieved nothing. At least without Baine getting a similarly unexplained and weird buff.
    You don't get It. It's a loss regardless for Sylvanas, yes Baine might die but that's still a good thing.

Baine challanges Sylvanas, wins and becomes Warchief, win.

Baina dies because Sylvanas obviously cheated and shows no honor, gets dethroned and killed by all Horde Leaders, win.

A third option Is of course she wins outright In honourable duel, but I heavily doubt she'd do the Mak'gora by the rules so that's unlikely.

It's like someone above said, the writers have no Idea.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Rewatching the cutscene where Sylvanas confronts Baine in front of all of the Horde leaders, I couldn't help but think: Why didn't Baine just challenge her to mak'gora?

That would have literally been the best time for Baine to confront Sylvanas, in front of all the Horde leaders, including two OG Horde members with Rexxar and Eitrigg. What is she going to, turn him down? That's an immediate loss of her title and banishment (as least per orcish tradition).
    cuz he was too pussy to do it, unlike his father

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Actually Genn could have decapitated her with a surprise attack instead of talking and revealing his position at the start and then when he sent her down after a strike he should have gone for the kill and not let her get up.
    Possibly could have, when he hit her he didn't even leave a mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    Because nobody is that stupid
    Everyone knows the banshee will cheat in Mak'gora
    It's all about honor and she has none

And she knows, if she cheats she'll loose the support of the Horde
    He has every right to challenge her as a faction leader of the Horde.

If he wins he proves any point he has, also becomes the Warchief of the Horde and can take any step in the war he wanted.
    If he loses to cheating Sylvanas, he dies, but the Horde would never be led by Warchief who purposefully cheated in Mak'Gora.
    If he loses fair and square he dies for his convictions, having done anything in his power to stop Sylvanas.

Baine has no reason not to challenge Sylvanas at this point. The lack of Mak'Gora so far comes from either the writers screwing up, Baine being completly spineless, or the combination of both.

Sylvanas has proof he has been communicating with Anduin, and challenging her right after she announces him as a traitor is unlikely to go as well as he would hope. It'd make him seem way more suspicious to everyone present, even if they dislike Sylvanas or her actions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    she can't.

she does that, she'd be deposed immediately, and she knows it.
    really? she just shot zelling, and had baine imprisoned... im pretty sure she could shoot him if she wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    really? she just shot zelling, and had baine imprisoned... im pretty sure she could shoot him if she wanted.
    That's because she was punishing treason. If she were challenged to Mak'gora and instead of taking the challenge she shot her challenger, she'd be showing disrespect for the only means of succession in the Horde. Her cheating in Mak'gora is just as bad to her continued rule of the Horde as losing a match.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-02-16 at 04:12 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Any sources? Do you want sources for ancient Oricsh tradition not binding Taurens and Trolls that Orcs happen to meet in a distant world?
    As I said, we had Ogres and Humans participating in Mak'gora. No reason why other races shouldn't do it. Because it's orcish tradition - doesn't excluding them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd like to see her get RUNETOTEMED.com'd as much as anyone. but you're just discounting her because she's not one of the beastly races of the horde, man.
    notrly, i know she have advantage, im just saying he have his chances

she's proven to be stupidly good with her boy, and too slippery for most people that fight her. she was fast enough that gen could only grab the lantern off her hip without landing a hit.
    he did bitch slap her, and take the lamp, and she just land arrow in his chest, not his head (master marksmanship?)

the combat arena is larger than the area in which she fought genn. she'd have more than enough room, and it's not like she's capable of getting tired.
    are you sure? the place CAirne and garrosh fight was small

also, an arrow in the knee isn't about how much pain you feel, it's about it breaking the mechanics of your knee. you could be someone so tough that you like having your balls stepped on by women, but you still wouldn't be able to walk if a small volley of arrows just tore every tendon and ligament in your knee to shreds.
    you still have another leg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Any sources? Do you want sources for ancient Oricsh tradition not binding Taurens and Trolls that Orcs happen to meet in a distant world?
    when you join the horde you are forced by horde rules, consequent, orchish traditions, all races are bound by it

In brute strength and melee, Baine could definitely take her and probably most of the leaders singularly, but in terms of magic (which is actually not forbidden in mak'gora) and archery, Sylvanas would probably wipe the floor with him.
    Im pretty sure 14 years of pvp has taught us that a warrior will almost always lose to a hunter in 1v1 combat

After reading the replies here, I'm starting to think having a Warchief was a blood elf tradition all along...

Mak'gora is an Orc tradition, not a Horde one. Cairne isn't an Orc obviously, but the person he challenged was, and wanted to defend his honor. Sylvanas doesn't have any such hang-ups

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That doesn't really make sense to me. Horde is a band of different races united with common goal. It's not like we had 100 warchiefs on the Horde side so that you can say that every one of them could have been challenged to Mak'gora. However, the most known Mak'goras have orcs and ogres involved and I really never had a feeling that anyone would challenge Sylvanas to Mak'gora. It looks like if Anduin would come and scream "COME OUT AND FACE ME WITH HONOR!!!! I CHALLENGE YOU TO MAKGORA", Sylvanas can easily go "Do you think I care?" and does something that is good on longer terms and more meaningful (to her at least). That is how undeads are usually are.
    All Warchiefs can be challenged to Mak'gora, since it's the accepted means of succession. It's also how the Horde view it. Nothing prevents Sylvanas from refusing on paper, but in practice, she's discrediting the institution she's relying on for her power if she does it. She also has no reason to. Despite what some people bizzarely claim, Sylv has been a fighter a lot longer than she's been a schemer, and she's a lot better at it, running into people's swords notwithstanding.

But were she to refuse or cheat, she'd be discrediting her legitimacy in the eyes of much of the Horde, especially the orcs whom she leans on for her support and the other Kalimdor races to whom this is an institution. For those who don't care much about that, it'd still be her refusing to uphold the rules as they understand them and would damage her in the same way putting Baine in jail did. Except in a way that makes more sense.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Because it would end with one of them dead and Blizzard doesn't want to kill either of them right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    Mak'gora is an Orc tradition, not a Horde one. Cairne isn't an Orc obviously, but the person he challenged was, and wanted to defend his honor. Sylvanas doesn't have any such hang-ups
    its been stated many times, its a horde tradition

you join the horde you are bound to the horde customs

She is forced by the same law who put her there to accept the challenge

If not, she will lose all the (minus)support she already have

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you still have another leg
    You know that there is a reason why people with only one leg missing are still wheelchair bound, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You know that there is a reason why people with only one leg missing are still wheelchair bound, right?
    Bullshit, you just get the rhytm right and bunnyhop on other leg. For a rest of your life.