Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wonder what makes thoses two white knights? They have made videos about there problems with wow is any one who doesn’t put out negative click bait 24/7 a white knight now?
    because it fits his argument.

anyone who doesnt agree with his view is obviously a blizzard white night or shill.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Look, BfA is absolute garbage, it's completely indefensible, but the idea that BfA being one of the worst expansions in WoW's history is somehow responsible for the layoffs is ridiculous. We're talking about 1 game, from 1 company in a larger partnership.

Secondly, I was under the impression that aside from the whiteknight brigade Taliesin and Eviwhatever, most "influencers" and streamers thought the expansion was garbage.
    Does whiteknight mean taking a reasonable and logical look at what is going on and attempting to make sense of it? Or running around yelling stocks are falling for a fair bit of the industry and the game is total crap and the devs are making world of warcraft 2 on phones, etc. I think the former...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    "Anyone who doesn't blindly approve of everything Blizzard does is wrong and responsible for Blizzard firing 800 people"

What kind of crazed logic is this supposed to be?

I'm enjoying the game right now, but Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Them not agreeing with your opinion doesn't = them lying. If they think the game is shit they are allowed to say it, and I agree with them. The people to blame are not the people voicing complaints, if anyone is to blame here it's the ones at acti/blizz who pushed the expansion out months before it was ready and ignored all feedback during alpha/beta They are the ones who should have been laid off, not the support staff who had nothing to do with the expansion not doing well.

Stop blaming the wrong people, streamers aren't the ones who are at fault, they wouldn't be unhappy with the game if the game was in a better state.
    do you really think playuers would have been fine with months delay on the expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    "Anyone who doesn't blindly approve of everything Blizzard does is wrong and responsible for Blizzard firing 800 people"

What kind of crazed logic is this supposed to be?

I'm enjoying the game right now, but Jesus Christ.
    you know hes saying the opposite right?
    "Any streamer who lies to themselves and says the game is good caused this firing"
    read his final lines and you will be able to tell.

"You need to re-evaluate your relationship with Blizzard products and ask yourself, "Is this the game I want to play? Is this the kind of company I want to support? Is the juice worth the squeeze?"

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    They fired of ton of people with BS jobs to hire people with actual skills in something...BFA is total garbage and they need to do something drastic and fast.
    Support staff are important.

If you don't have admin and community support staff then you have 2 options a) that work doesnt happen or b) developers have to do it and then they spend LESS time actually working on games.

Good for you... i guess?

I blame Blizzard for the streamers' behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    What else needs to be said? Blizz probably WILL fix it (the overhaul in 8.2 comes to mind) and the issues with azerite are fairly obvious.
    It's just alpha
    It's just beta
    It's just the first month
    It's just 8.1 <---
    It's just 8.2

It's just alpha
    It's just beta
    It's just the first month
    It's just 9.1

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you know hes saying the opposite right?
    "Any streamer who lies to themselves and says the game is good caused this firing"
    read his final lines and you will be able to tell.

"You need to re-evaluate your relationship with Blizzard products and ask yourself, "Is this the game I want to play? Is this the kind of company I want to support? Is the juice worth the squeeze?"
    Oh. I'm used to people complaining about streamers and whatnot being negative and quitting WoW in droves. Disregard my previous comment.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    because it fits his argument.

anyone who doesnt agree with his view is obviously a blizzard white night or shill.
    Sadly that seems to be true.

I honestly don't think that BfA is garbage. It has a lot of weak points, such as as class design (not across the board, but it is definitely true for some classes and many specs across them), sensibility behind certain parts of the story and so on, but BfA is far from being garbage. They took systems they know work and experimented with some more, who haven't turned out to be great, but have the potential to end up being better if some effort is put into redesigning them (ie heroic warfronts that are yet to come).

World quests are no less garbage to me than dailies in Quel'danas, Titan Residuum is no less garbage than Justice Points, dungeons and raids are definitely not more garbage than they were in the past and so on. WoW's issues fall under a much wider umbrella of issues, such as the position of the MMO genre in gaming, the playerbase layout and most importantly, the completely declining social role of MMOs. On top of that, WoW has lost much of its RPG elements, primarily to adjust to the previous points mentioned. This is what I find to be core issues, besides the corporate reality which seems to be forcing Blizzard to push out expansions before they're ready.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-02-14 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Oh. I'm used to people complaining about streamers and whatnot being negative and quitting WoW in droves. Disregard my previous comment.
    yeah i think its more the negitive side to blame.
    as i dont understand how people trying to put a good light on blizz causes them to fire people?

thing is people dont seem t understand.

we want blizz to succeed, if you want blizzard to fail fuck you, and fuck everything to stand for.
    there are many people on these threads who wanted blizz to fail, and are now suddenly crying about the firings, not realizing that if they want blizz to fail, they want all their employees out of a job.

you cant care about the employees then say "FUCK BLIZZ, FUCK EVERYONE THERE"
    hate kotic, hate the ones making the big decisisons, dont hate blizz, because we hated blizz so much, they just had to let off X people (idk how many were actually blizz, alot of the 800 were not blizzard, but activison, kings, etc)

Hate the people who actually suck, not blizzard, blizzard is hundreds of amazing people, and if you hate them, and you say "DONT SUPPORT BLIZZARD, THEY FUCKING SUCK" you are really saying "DONT SUPPORT ALL THE EMPLOYEES AT BLIZZARD"

because if blizzard failed tomorow, and fell apart, 9600 people would be out of jobs.
    and kotic would be perfectly fine, retire maybe into his mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    Support staff are important.

If you don't have admin and community support staff then you have 2 options a) that work doesnt happen or b) developers have to do it and then they spend LESS time actually working on games.
    Yes, but this is how every corporation works. If the developer in your example complains the boss will just tell him he's being paid for it (since labour laws are lenient in most countries, your employer can order you to wash his car if he wants), if he can't keep up the boss will tell him to work overtime so he can keep up, and if he doesn't want to work overtime (for free since it's white-collar) then sad day for you, it's not a democracy, you're free to quit.

Take construction for example, bar the giants they usually have no staff to handle issues that arise once a building has been completed and turned over to the developer, but since option A in your example isn't possible because of lawsuits, option B happens, and the projects just keep piling on until the mid-level site manager in question either 1. Burns out or 2. Switches jobs for a clean slate > Rinse and repeat.

TLDR: Systemic issue, live with it until it changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    It's very simple, I won't bore you with the typical long-winded rant. I only want express these 3 principles with you.

1. I can't hold Big Bobby's feet to the fire, so instead I will hold all Streamers/Influencers/Blizzard propagandists responsible. I want you to remember as you're sitting there exsanguinating the last few drops of relevancy from WoW that people had to lose their jobs so that you could have yours. If you continue to lie about the quality and content of the game then your fate will be the same as theirs.

2. If you support these WoW sycophants and Influencers then you get to partake in the shame as well.

3. If you hate this sickness, if your guts turn to knots when you think about the 800, then you need to take action. You need to re-evaluate your relationship with Blizzard products and ask yourself, "Is this the game I want to play? Is this the kind of company I want to support? Is the juice worth the squeeze?"

Thanks for reading, if it pleases the court-I won't come around here no more.
    I blame you for not changing the youtubers/streamers minds about BFA being a big pile of doodoo

HHEUHEUHE Logic checks out.
    Hi Sephurik

Maybe the reason for the layoffs is because Blizzard didnt saw growth in 2018 compared to 2017.
    They made less 27 million dollars than the previous year.

Im tired of being silenced for saying this. Made a reddit post about it and got removed by a mod.
    Blizzard shills at its best.

And i never use this term "shills", im using it for the first time.
    But who was the motherflower that removed my post? A shill. Thats what he was.

im so pissed...and alone in this world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine actually thinking this
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    If you read that statement straight, that'd be a you problem.

Your sense of scale here is just completely off. There's a difference between, say, the poor reaction to vehicles in WotLK, with every single expansion feature having a poor reception.

Is there any BfA-exclusive system that hasn't been maligned by the community at this point? Arguably Allied races?

Similarly with class design, there's a difference between "some specs being lame ducks" (however you might define that), and people playing all sorts of classes/specs saying things along the lines of "My class is no longer fun to play, because of mechanical changes."

I'm well aware. I've always preferred Fury to MS, and yet the latter is in the spotlight far more often. I'd take those days back in a heartbeat if it meant I got to go back to pre-prune Warrior. At least End-Of-Season Fury BGs were entertaining.

I'd say you're taking a pretty charitable reading of BfA, if you're viewing it as an extension of Legion. Not that it matters much to me, I didn't care for Legion, either.

Box sales? Sure, although there are a few noteworthy asterisks that can be tacked on to those figures. I would be extremely curious to see player retention and sub count, though.
    Is there honestly ever a feature that receives universal praise? I can't think of any. Even the popular ones like Mythic+ receive a fair amount of criticism. I mean in BC arena got a pretty lukewarm reaction, heroic dungeons were mostly positive. Badges and arena rewards were pretty much universally panned for being welfare gear. Daily quests weren't well received either. Class design was still horrendous. Remember when they gave certain specs a mana regen buff just so that people would take them along instead of actually improving the spec? Lol. So by your logic BC must have been garbage.

WLK was even worse because vehicles were universally hated, the entire first tier was hated for being rehashed / faceroll / lol vehicles, heroic dungeons were hated because they were too faceroll, fake world PvP zone WITH VEHICLES.

It met or exceeded expectations including post release sub drops. Hate it or not it's still a success for them.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

That's a spicy post OP, riled up both sides, very very well done sir, I tip my helmet.

I've assumed most of it was due to Activisions shortcomings on making new IPs and now with the loss of Destiny (and Bungie) they've gathered their attention into Blizzard, had their CFO look at where they could cut jobs. It certaintly isn't pretty and the timing of everything was just really bad on a PR side of things (Saying you made bank, but canning people.). I also firmly believe that in these companies the people in charge, who normally make these decisions, be held accountable for the company doing poorly. I will say it sucks people lost their jobs and I wish them all the best, but sadly you're not going to have an Iwata any time soon in the gaming industry.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    It's very simple, I won't bore you with the typical long-winded rant. I only want express these 3 principles with you.

1. I can't hold Big Bobby's feet to the fire, so instead I will hold all Streamers/Influencers/Blizzard propagandists responsible. I want you to remember as you're sitting there exsanguinating the last few drops of relevancy from WoW that people had to lose their jobs so that you could have yours. If you continue to lie about the quality and content of the game then your fate will be the same as theirs.

2. If you support these WoW sycophants and Influencers then you get to partake in the shame as well.

3. If you hate this sickness, if your guts turn to knots when you think about the 800, then you need to take action. You need to re-evaluate your relationship with Blizzard products and ask yourself, "Is this the game I want to play? Is this the kind of company I want to support? Is the juice worth the squeeze?"

Thanks for reading, if it pleases the court-I won't come around here no more.
    The layoffs have nothing to do with that, thats just capitalism in practice its happened many many times before at blizzard and activision, just now its under a magnifying glass because of todays social climate being so petty.