Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Or maybe... just maybe... the game actually sucked... hmmmm... People said "i am speaking with my wallet" like you white knights tell them to do. And now you say "it's your fault Blizzard fired people". It's Kotick's fault for firing 10% of the workforce after a record year of profits. You people dismiss complaints by saying "fine then why don't you just quit" and then say "why did you quit? Now employees can't feed their families!". Can't have it both ways. DO you want "complainers" to stay subbed or not?
    Checkmate. This 1000 times. The handful left defending BfA are scrambling now and contradicting each other, and themselves. The only unified group now ar ethe ones who did exactly what they were told - stopped their sub, and stopped playing. Now all that is left even on the biggest servers is mythic guilds, and mythic guilds selling full runs (something i have no problem with).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Not sure if serious or an idiot.

Blizzard is too resource-heavy for their profit focus model. Simple as that. First things to get cut in any organisation are your customer service and frontline staff. That has nothing to do with "streamers/Influencers"

Bye.
    Cya later

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of funny that after all these years, the only thing that could actually kill wow is Blizzard - something many people have predicted over the years. Im confident it can be resurrected, but it would require some drastic rethinks, some risks, and the softening of the focus on pure profit, rather than a quality product. If they continue to put $$$ before what is best for the GAME, they will continue this death by 1000 cuts. If they put that aside and make the best possible product they can, the $$$ will come.

One group who really have no influence over the outcome are so called "social media influencers"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is peak "it's never Blizzards fault" here.

Streamers didn't cause a poorly planned game pipeline. Nor did they cause the struggles in basically every game in the portfolio. Only thing they did is overplay how bad BFA is.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Cya later
    I was saying goodbye to the OP

Thanks for reading, if it pleases the court-I won't come around here no more.

This reminds me of when the new ghostbusters movie came out, and they blamed male reviewers for its terrible reception and performance, rather than looking at the product itself.

- - - Updated - - -

I was saying goodbye to the OP
    Where is the op going? im a little confused here.

people get fired all the time. if i had to boycut every company who ever had fired people, i wouldnt be able to buy anything, i wouldnt have running water or power etc.
    wouldnt boycutting blizz games just result in more layoffs?

This reminds me of when the new ghostbusters movie came out, and they blamed male reviewers for its terrible reception and performance, rather than looking at the product itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the op going? im a little confused here.
    It would definitely appear that you are. He said:

It would definitely appear that you are. He said:
    So....you replied to someone knowing they wont read it because they left? weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    people get fired all the time. if i had to boycut every company who ever had fired people, i wouldnt be able to buy anything, i wouldnt have running water or power etc.
    wouldnt boycutting blizz games just result in more layoffs?
    To be fair, they were not fired. They were made redundant / laid off. As far as i am aware, it was not the result of disciplinary action that 8% of the workforce were let go.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-02-15 at 12:18 AM.

So....you replied to someone knowing they wont read it because they left? weird.
    For someone who joined in 2010 you seem to not be familiar with how often people say bye and not mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Nah, BfA class design, for example, is completely indefensible. You know what is silly? Having a positive opinion of BfA.
    You're like one of those guys that goes around say "STOP HAVING FUN".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    I don't get why people care so much about a bunch of mostly customer service people losing their (minimum wage - is that a thing in the US?) jobs. They're hardly industry specific. People lose and find new jobs all the time.

It sucks for those people, but it's not going to effect the quality of the game. Pretending that the CMs and GMs etc were doing a great job is silly. Half the time you asked a GM something, they'd say no, you make a new ticket and the next GM says yes. CMs have been mostly clueless about the game for a while. Ysthensis - or however you spell it happened to be a minor exception in some cases.

Are you subbed to the game currently? Have you purchased the new Lunar Pig mount? No? Well I hold you accountable and responsible for the layoffs. If everyone spent £300 a month on Tokens, race and faction changes like me, then they could hire 800 more CMs!

See how fucking stupid that sounds lol.
    My anger stems mostly from them firing the wrong people.

The customer service department isn't the reason their games are failing. Meanwhile they fired active CMs and kept the inactive ones (Nevalistis for example, who hasn't posted or responded to a post on the Diablo forums SINCE FUCKING NOVEMBER)

A good place to start would be canning the directors of most of their games, instead of just switching them around, and hiring someone who worked on the original team for the job. At least they would know what made their game popular in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, BfA is absolute garbage, it's completely indefensible, but the idea that BfA being one of the worst expansions in WoW's history is somehow responsible for the layoffs is ridiculous. We're talking about 1 game, from 1 company in a larger partnership.

Secondly, I was under the impression that aside from the whiteknight brigade Taliesin and Eviwhatever, most "influencers" and streamers thought the expansion was garbage.
    BfA is not complete garbage, why are you and so many others here sprouting that nonsense? It's not the best expansion but it's not the worst either. Why do you feel the need to argue in absolutes and hyperboles? Also, why are you still here? If you hate BfA so much, there's plenty of other games to enjoy.

And don't give me this 'I care for the game so I need to vent my frustration in hopes for a better game' bullsh*t. You are one salty individual. Let it go and move on. Your whining how bad BfA is, does no one any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Honestly, the response was tongue in cheek, but I really struggle to see how anyone who has a frame of reference to pre-prune classes could find the majority of BfA classes fun to play from purely a mechanical standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    keep fighting with each other all you want, but to be fair, the "everything is fine" crowd sitting in the room fully engulfed in flames are not exactly helping things either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Good, please don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    BfA is not complete garbage, why are you and so many others here sprouting that nonsense? It's not the best expansion but it's not the worst either.
    Yeah, it's not worse than WoD yet (And I never claimed it was). Real high bar you're setting though. For the record, BfA is "absolute garbage," that is not hyperbole, and if you disagree you're more than free to make the case.

Unfortunately you've opted for disingenuous framing and the classic "WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?" because you're not interested in doing that.

Also, why are you still here?
    Why do you types always feel the need to ask that question? Especially since you've already outlined that you won't find certain answers satisfactory?

We all know this is just a hamfisted, obvious attempt to shut down anyone who criticizes the game too hard. Why you have a vested interest in that, I have no clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's not worse than WoD yet (And I never claimed it was). Real high bar you're setting though. For the record, BfA is "absolute garbage," that is not hyperbole, and if you disagree you're more than free to make the case.

Unfortunately you've opted for disingenuous framing and the classic "WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?" because you're not interested in doing that.

Why do you types always feel the need to ask that question? Especially since you've already outlined that you won't find certain answers satisfactory?

We all know this is just a hamfisted, obvious attempt to shut down anyone who criticizes the game too hard. Why you have a vested interest in that, I have no clue.
    People like you annoy me as you never add anything constructive, you just spread toxicity. And that helps no one. So yeah, why are you still here?

I hold ActiBlizz responsible. They made the decision. It's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I hold ActiBlizz responsible. They made the decision. It's on them.
    Should probably hold automatization and drops in playerbases responsible, they're what caused the decision. It's on them.

Hearthstone people got laid off too so it's not all WoW's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillerina View Post
    Should probably hold automatization and drops in playerbases responsible, they're what caused the decision. It's on them.
    Not really. They chose to focus on "how long can we keep people playing" over an enjoyable experience.

I'll blame ActiBlizz for sticking their nose in at Blizzard and telling them to cut costs and whatnot.