Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    For sure, but why should he be the bigger man to the little Maga man? When the Maga / Trump nation start apologizing for things like calling for bloodshed to defend conservatism, calling for white supremacy again, a revival of hate crimes in general.

Then maybe, maybe we'll start apologizing. Until then Maga people don't deserve shit.
    yeah because the left hasn't called for the beating up of maga/conservatives or tried to get any crimes related to such attacks ignored. repeatedly.
    they also haven't tried to repeatedly make trump supporters be the bad guys when in fact they were at best not involved and at worst the victim (little black girl, covington situation, and now this; just in recent history)
    they totally haven't faked up over a dozen hate crimes in recent history trying to blame trump fans among others.

OH WAIT.

both sides have assholes and idiots. if one side should have to apologize, so should the other.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    let alone the whole mail fraud thing.
    Oh god yeah. I am not sure if the Feds will get him on Accessory to commit mail fraud. It sounds like the brothers got immunity in exchange for their cooperation, otherwise they would be facing Federal charges for mail fraud.

I don't understand the people who say the only people he should apologize to the blacks and the gays.

if a white man had framed up a black or gay person it would be all over the place that he should get the entire book and then some thrown at him, and he should apologize to everyone under the sun.

but when the reverse is true its "oh he should apologize to blacks and gays, pay a fine, and get help"
    You do have a point, by framing it as MAGA supporters, he is casting MAGA people in bad light so an apology is owed to them. However false allegations (of any kind) make it harder to believe future instances which is sad.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

plenty of people you know? how many? because i haven't met any white person who has ever insulted a friend or family member for trying to get educated and get a better job.
    not once. so you're going to have to go above and beyond your anecdotal evidence of what you yourself have experienced.
    meanwhile we see it all the time that when a black man becomes a cop, or lawyer, or judge that he's now working for "the man" and a "race traitor".
    Specifically they're southern whites who are very stereotypical.

The idea that getting educated and moving on is "bad" you think is a black thing but when I mention white people you're like 'OH NO NO WAY NO WAY MAN!!'

Um... conservatives upset over kids going to university...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Oh god yeah. I am not sure if the Feds will get him on Accessory to commit mail fraud. It sounds like the brothers got immunity in exchange for their cooperation, otherwise they would be facing Federal charges for mail fraud.

You do have a point, by framing it as MAGA supporters, he is casting MAGA people in bad light so an apology is owed to them. However false allegations (of any kind) make it harder to believe future instances which is sad.
    I mean MAGA people kind of put themselves in bad light with the bombs... and the racist chants... and the "very fine kkk"

For sure, but why should he be the bigger man to the little Maga man? When the Maga / Trump nation start apologizing for things like calling for bloodshed to defend conservatism, calling for white supremacy again, a revival of hate crimes in general.

Then maybe, maybe we'll start apologizing. Until then Maga people don't deserve shit.
    Okay then. We're all assholes because no one actually wants to be a better person. Mazel Tov.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

The idea that getting educated and moving on is "bad" you think is a black thing but when I mention white people you're like 'OH NO NO WAY NO WAY MAN!!'

- - - Updated - - -

I mean MAGA people kind of put themselves in bad light with the bombs... and the racist chants... and the "very fine kkk"
    And BLM put themselves in a bad light by rioting and looting.

- - - Updated - - -

how many maga people do you honestly think dot hat crap? hint their in the minority.

i mean i could be just like you
    "democrats put themselves in a bad light with all the fake hate crimes, supporting antifa even when they attack people, supporting blm even when they call for the deaths of all cops, and of course, excusing violence against white males/trump supporters/etc"

both sides have assholes and idiots. if one side should have to apologize, so should the other.
    Absolutely agree.

Let's start with apologies from the republicans for the lynched Obama figures we saw from 08 - 16

Is that a thing or is it that they dont want them going so far away.

Yes, maybe, but they dont need any help in that regard.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?

Absolutely agree.

Let's start with apologies from the republicans for the lynched Obama figures we saw from 08 - 16
    first of all, most people renounced crap like that. even trump said what happened to smollette was friggen awful for the record.

I think this is a silly assertion, much in the same way I could say "there's a lot of black people who are in gangs, these same people also are Obama supporters........... so all Obama voters must be gang members".

This message however is the type of thing that Smollett likely was trying to reinforce. Perhaps that's why so many on the right were skeptical of the claim, I know many Trump supporters, none of them go around and beat up liberals lol... but when you factor in all of the other stuff Jussie was saying (that racist homophobes watch Empire and are well acquainted with the cast, enough to know the sexuality of the actors/actresses) it sounds like a parody.

Absolutely agree.

Seriously, its that game? I recall Bush being hung in effigy. I am sure Clinton was too and Bush sr and Reagan. I mean how far back we going to go with this.

How about instead of an apology we just fucking treat everyone nice. We cant because we are too divided.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think this is a silly assertion, much in the same way I could say "there's a lot of black people who are in gangs, these same people also are Obama supporters........... so all Obama voters must be gang members".

This message however is the type of thing that Smollett likely was trying to reinforce. Perhaps that's why so many on the right were skeptical of the claim, I know many Trump supporters, none of them go around and beat up liberals lol... but when you factor in all of the other stuff Jussie was saying (that racist homophobes watch Empire and are well acquainted with the cast, enough to know the sexuality of the actors/actresses) it sounds like a parody.
    Obama wasn't leading gangs and saying he's going to pay for lawyers?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post

i will say i voted for trump (not because i agree with him on everything, far from it), but because simply, i didn't think Hillary would be good as a president, after all she repeatedly said she was a champion of women (and yet silenced a bunch of women about something with her husband, some champion), and of course lets not forget about her being involved in the whole democrats pushing her through and not Bernie issue, then there was her getting the debate questions ahead of time and not turning those in...

Voting for Hillary was a vote for more of the same old crap. more corruption, more politicians only in it for themselves, etc.
    Voting for Trump at least sends a message.

- - - Updated - - -

and trump isn't leading racists chants, sending bombs, or a member of the KKK. so what's your point?
    its okay to blame trump for all the things the scum on the right do, but obama gets a pass for the scum on the left?

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Seriously, its that game? I recall Bush being hung in effigy. I am sure Clinton was too and Bush sr and Reagan. I mean how far back we going to go with this.

How about instead of an apology we just fucking treat everyone nice. We cant because we are too divided.
    Only because one party wants to move forward and the other is stuck in the past.

The republican party is still fighting 1973 roe v wade. They're still fighting against gay rights. Come into the goddamn year 2019 already. Society is changing and staying all the way back in 1973 is dividing this nation and slowing us all down. Get on board or get off.

Absolutely agree.

Most of the lynching effigies were from outside the US. You shouldn't get your facts from memes.

So, can you show us Trump organizing his troops?

- - - Updated - - -

Only because one party wants to move forward and the other is stuck in the past.

The republican party is still fighting 1973 roe v wade. They're still fighting against gay rights. Come into the goddamn year 2019 already. Society is changing and staying all the way back in 1973 is dividing this nation and slowing us all down. Get on board or get off.
    Nah. If they're making excuses for the same attitudes that lead to lynchings, I can't exactly say they are making forward progress.

i will say i voted for trump (not because i agree with him on everything, far from it), but because simply, i didn't think Hillary would be good as a president, after all she repeatedly said she was a champion of women (and yet silenced a bunch of women about something with her husband, some champion), and of course lets not forget about her being involved in the whole democrats pushing her through and not Bernie issue, then there was her getting the debate questions ahead of time and not turning those in...

Voting for Hillary was a vote for more of the same old crap. more corruption, more politicians only in it for themselves, etc.
    Voting for Trump at least sends a message.

- - - Updated - - -

and trump isn't leading racists chants, sending bombs, or a member of the KKK. so what's your point?
    its okay to blame trump for all the things the scum on the right do, but obama gets a pass for the scum on the left?
    I recall Trump leading chants to "build the wall" which is largely driven by race relations. I also recall him saying to knock out reporters saying he will pay for lawyers and applauded the assault of a reporter being body slammed.

There is no equivalency and why do you equate any gangs that are black with "left"?

the right is fighting against gay rights? funny i thought trump just put out about wanting to decriminalize being gay.
    just because society is changing doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing. do you think it's a good thing that people get offended over every little thing? that we need safe places? that we can shut public speakers down just because we don't agree with what they have to say? that we can shut down events just because we don't agree with what those events are?
    do you think it's a good thing that kids were snorting condoms and eating tide pods?
    i can't say yes to any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I don’t need to because that’s obvious like you trying to be funny.
    Was that witless zing the best you could muster? Turn the tables as best as you can to try to gain an edge, you've still failed because your association of the two was fucking stupid.

I recall Trump leading chants to "build the wall" which is largely driven by race relations. I also recall him saying to knock out reporters saying he will pay for lawyers and applauded the assault of a reporter being body slammed.

There is no equivalency and why do you equate any gangs that are black with "left"?
    oh yes because Trump wants to keep illegal immigrants and drugs out. so bad. so awful. didn't democrats want increased border security before Trump? by god they did.
    as a matter of a fact, Obama was known as "The Deporter In Chief" and you CELEBRATED that.

because blacks overwhelmingly vote democrat? the same reason that you label white males as conservative?

Its the Dems who are still fighting Roe v Wade. Its the same shit every elections cycle. Reagan was going to overturn it, Bush sr, Bush jr, now Trump. Yet it continues to be established law despite Republican majorities.

Frankly, I think both parties want to keep fighting about it because it is one of the few things that distinguishes the parties at the local level.