Not sure how I feel about the Brown trade for a 3rd and a 5th. Brown, Bell and Ben put up some good numbers, but they never really won shit, so there's that. But Brown is also a stud on the field, drama aside. Hopefully the rumors about the big 3-4 year deal for Ben isn't true, they need to find his replacement and move on.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Broncos former first round pick CB Bradley Roby is signing with the the Texans for 1 year and 10 million, per source." - James Palmer

- - - Updated - - -

"Former Rams' OL Rodger Saffold intends to sign a four-year, $44 million deal that includes $22.5 million guaranteed with the Tennessee Titans, per source." - Schefter

Big deal, but I was reading he was going to get maybe 13-14M a year, so this is relatively cheap.

10 mill sounds like a lot for Roby with how he played the last 2 years. Maybe not being in Vance Joseph's garbage defense will help Roby play more like he did with Wade Phillips, probably why he only took a 1 year deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Source: Former #Broncos C Matt Paradis agreed to terms with the #Panthers on a 3-year deal worth $27.03M. Out of nowhere."
    @Grube That kinda sucks. At that price the Broncos might have as well hung on to him. Panthers got better on a good deal.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "Source: Former #Broncos C Matt Paradis agreed to terms with the #Panthers on a 3-year deal worth $27.03M. Out of nowhere."
    @Grube That kinda sucks. At that price the Broncos might have as well hung on to him. Panthers got better on a good deal.
    Be interesting to hear if the Broncos were way lowballing, or if Paradis had ruled them out entirely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints feel the need to make at least one head-scratcher move every year, and signing Latavius Murray certainly qualifies. Seems like too much money to such an unremarkable back when you already have one of the most remarkable runners in the league. I can only assume the deal Ingram signs will shine some light on this, if demand is driving his price up. Still, they've managed to find plenty of low-cost power runners in the past.

In more sense making news, Ziggy Ansah has a visit with New Orleans scheduled and that's exactly the kind of guy in need of a prove-it deal they should be targeting.
    /s

That is a pretty cheap deal for Paradis compared to what I thought he would get. Being 30 at the start of the season with hip problems probably lowered his value.

Denver was going to draft a center last year, so they might have been planning on not wanting him back. Also not sure what blocking scheme Denver is going to be running now. Paradis is almost exclusively a zone guy.

Paradis only got a 1 year deal offer from Denver, makes much more sense for him to go somewhere else for longer.
    Last edited by Grube; 2019-03-12 at 09:25 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    That is a pretty cheap deal for Paradis compared to what I thought he would get. Being 30 at the start of the season with hip problems probably lowered his value.

Denver was going to draft a center last year, so they might have been planning on not wanting him back. Also not sure what blocking scheme Denver is going to be running now. Paradis is almost exclusively a zone guy.

Paradis only got a 1 year deal offer from Denver, makes much more sense for him to go somewhere else for longer.
    Yeah 1 year VS multi-year would explain the difference. He may even have taken less money to get a longer deal.

Meanwhile! In the strange world of Packer's sports fans, people seem convinced the Bears are going to land Lev Bell.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be weird to see Cole not in a Dallas uniform, but the Cowboys' wide receivers are...progressing? Surprisingly so. Michael Gallup is coming along nice, Amari Cooper can still be a number one, and that just means they gotta get Allen Hurns to be as good as he was that one time.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The #AZCardinals are expected to sign former #Seahawks guard JR Sweezy, sources say. It’s a 2-year deal and another O-line addition for AZ." - Rapoport

Cardinals have been pretty active in free agency. Shoring up weak points on the roster. Have to think they are working towards having everything covered and being able to go best player available in the draft.

We will know much more after tomorrow, Kyler Murray's pro-day, where he will get measured again and will run his 40 and throw the ball and obviously do some more interviews and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

"Former Seahawks’ QB Brett Hundley intends to sign a one-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals, per source." - Schefter

That's.....curious.

- - - Updated - - -

"Former Patriots’ WR Cordarrelle Patterson intends to sign with the Chicago Bears for $5 million per year, per source." - Schefter

Drat.

- - - Updated - - -

"The #Steelers and free agent CB Steven Nelson agreed to terms on a 3-year deal for $25.5M, source said. Pittsburgh is on the board." - Rapoport

Kareem Jackson's 3 year $33 mill deal is basically only a 2 year $23 mill deal with a $6 mill cap hit for 2019. A lot of these contracts that seem like overpays are probably similar.

10+ Year Old Account

WOW

- - - Updated - - -

That's decent return, but still, sheesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a whole lot for a wide receiver. Like seriously. Take the first, that's it. Odell got skills, but they just gave up way too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit, Titans got Cameron Wake https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...21091928731648

10+ Year Old Account
    Odds that the Browns are now the Patriots opening day opponent just shot up significantly. I'd love to see that. The off-season winners against the defending champions.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    The Browns offense is now: Baker at QB, Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt in the backfield, along with Duke Johnson. Jarvis Landry and Odell wide. Antonio Calloway and Breshard Perriman still there too.Given the issues in Pittsburgh, the Ravens dumping every player they have, it seems like the Browns are moving even further to being the favorites in the AFC North.

10+ Year Old Account
    "for everyone asking, “who’s Eli going to throw to now?” the answer remains the same. the other team." - twitter

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Hue Jackson was responsible to laying the groundwork for that trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford." - Rapoport

So, Edge Dee Ford to the Niners for a 2nd rounder. Chiefs making bank on a guy that would have walked out the door for probably a 3rd rounder NEXT year.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new game in the NFL is to just rebuild every 4 years and try to win a super bowl with everyone on rookie contracts. Contracts are so inflated.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Browns getting Earl Thomas too? https://twitter.com/asilversteinTV/s...36927724646400