Page 5 of 194 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If this is really a sex trafficking/human trafficking ring, I don't see how Kraft isn't forced to sell, after what took down Richardson in Carolina.

Bahaha, kraft adding another ring to his collection

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If this is really a sex trafficking/human trafficking ring, I don't see how Kraft isn't forced to sell, after what took down Richardson in Carolina.
    "He is being charged with the same offense as the others, and that is soliciting another to commit prostitution"

Soliciting prostitution is not even close to the same thing as a years long record of misbehaviour that Richardson had. Kraft has been an exemplary owner otherwise.

He clearly had no stake in any of the sex traficking bits, or he would have been charged for those.

It would have been fun to laugh at if not for the sex traficking bits.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I doubt this story will have a happy ending
    The thread has barely taken off, and you have already won it.

As for hot takes, I'll wait until after the draft before I judge the Bills. I'm still cautiously optimistic about Josh Allen.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

I mean, prostitution is still a crime that takes advantage of and abuses women (ironically, this problem would be solved if it was legalized and regulated and sex workers had actual rights, but that's for a different forum). That's doubly true for a prostitution ring using young Asian women who probably don't speak English and were literally forced into sexual slavery.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would think a billionaire would just fly in whatever model he wants to his mansion if he really needs to get his rocks off.

I. That's doubly true for a prostitution ring using young Asian women who probably don't speak English and were literally forced into sexual slavery.
    At least have the decency of the Bills owner and put a ring on her finger!
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    At least have the decency of the Bills owner and put a ring on her finger!
    Robert Kraft put a ring on Putin's finger. Not sure about the implications of that, but it needed to be said.

In reality, I think is probably going to be viewed similarly to when Jim Irsay got busted for driving under the influence and got 6 games for besmirching the name of the league. With how much jealousy there is among the other owners (remember how much they spoke out against the Patriots and their "cheating" during Deflategate, yeah, that was 2 Super Bowl wins ago, imagine how they feel right now... ) I can only imagine that they'll take great delight in slapping Kraft for this one with a similar punishment.

It will suck for Kraft to have to sit out 6 games or whatever it turns out to be, but that's what you get for being stupid and reckless. He earned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably will get hit by Goodell with bringing the league into disrepute. Fine/suspension/the annual forfeited 1st round draft pick, something will come up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, Kraft is 77, is there any kind of succession plan in place for the Patriots that the League could try and nudge Kraft into using? Or was the plan "we'll sell when he dies?" This could turn into a Jerry Richardson type situation if the league decides to really trump up the situation to try and hide the fact star players are doing way worse and going unpunished.

Alternatively the Patriots forfeit their 1st round pick next year, get really mad, go on a 13-3 tare, and win another Super Bowl just like what happened after Deflategate.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Out of curiosity, Kraft is 77, is there any kind of succession plan in place for the Patriots that the League could try and nudge Kraft into using? Or was the plan "we'll sell when he dies?" This could turn into a Jerry Richardson type situation if the league decides to really trump up the situation to try and hide the fact star players are doing way worse and going unpunished.
    Kraft's son Jonathan Kraft is the President of the team and President of the general Kraft business group, he's also on 2 NFL Committees (Digital Media and Business Ventures). He would take over as leader of the ownership group or possibly even outright as owner.

Alternatively the Patriots forfeit their 1st round pick next year, get really mad, go on a 13-3 tare, and win another Super Bowl just like what happened after Deflategate.
    I don't see how the Patriots should give up draft picks for this, no other owners have for unrelated misconduct to NFL stuff, but I'll take the motivation and the Super Bowl win if it gets to that. Players LOVE Kraft, so they would definitely take any injustice to him as motivation, you can bet.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    but I'll take the motivation and the Super Bowl win if it gets to that. Players LOVE Kraft, so they would definitely take any injustice to him as motivation, you can bet.
    I don't think I can eyeroll hard enough. Good lord I know I speak for many when I say I'll be glad when this Patriots Dynasty is over so you can come back to reality of what a fan of most teams have to suffer through.

They don't need motivation. They are not underdogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I don't think I can eyeroll hard enough. Good lord I know I speak for many when I say I'll be glad when this Patriots Dynasty is over so you can come back to reality of what a fan of most teams have to suffer through.

They don't need motivation. They are not underdogs.
    Oh no, I totally agree. But they'll use it as such anyway. You saw what happened this season.

- - - Updated - - -

EXCELLENT, some actual football news.

The compensatory draft picks were awarded today:

The breakdown: https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/...5-CLUBS--.aspx

FULL DRAFT ORDER AS OF RIGHT NOW:

https://nflcommunications.com/Docume...19%20Draft.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that means Arizona has both the first and the last pick in the draft. That's interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Bears have released K Cody Parker. *doink* *DOINK*

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As the NFL slowly drags itself out of the QB crisis it faces a new crisis.

It doesn't have 32 capable kickers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    As the NFL slowly drags itself out of the QB crisis it faces a new crisis.

It doesn't have 32 capable kickers.
    At least the extra points aren't boring anymore, amirite?

You are now filled with dread every time some poor schmuck has to take one for your team in an important situation, praying that he doesn't screw it up.

SO much FUN.

- - - Updated - - -

NFL Network did a press release about the Combine coverage, and 2 interesting names popped up that will be there: Joe Thomas (former Browns LT) and Kyle Williams (former Bills DT).

And as we all more or less expected, Daniel Jeremiah will join Rich Eisen as the main commentator/analyst during the event. Good choice, cause I typically like Jeremiah's comments.

Still, RIP Mike Mayock.

NFL Network did a press release about the Combine coverage, and 2 interesting names popped up that will be there: Joe Thomas (former Browns LT) and Kyle Williams (former Bills DT).
    Will be there as in reporting on it? I can see Kyle being a Tony Siragusa type in the network. No idea why else he'd be there.

As for the kickers - man, what are XPs up to now? 35 yards? That's silly as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be there as in reporting on it? I can see Kyle being a Tony Siragusa type in the network. No idea why else he'd be there.
    If it's like other years they have like Rich Eisen & Daniel Jeremiah as the main hosts that chat and hold everything together and then they have a side panel with several other journalists that they sometimes go to and then seperately they'll bring in some of their regulars who work for NFL Network, but also some outsiders, to help discuss and comment on the specific groups that are out on the field at that moment.

So for instance a few years back they had Greg Olson, and he helped commentate on the TE group that was out there. They've had Taylor Lewan on set and brought him in to chat about the Offensive Linemen. They also have their regulars (Michael Irvin on WR's, Willie McGinest on D-linemen, Kurt Warner on QB's, Deion Sanders on DB's) that do the same thing, sometimes mixed with on set guests mixed in.

I assume that Joe Thomas and Kyle Williams will be brought in as on set guests that will weigh in and help comment on their position groups, as well as have some time on the seperate set where they chat about things (usually draft related obviously, like their own draft experience).

When Greg Olson was on set with them (I think he did it 2 years running) you could very much tell that he has a future in broadcasting. Smart, insightful, can make and take a joke, good presence in audio as well as video. Really liked him and look forward to seeing him do more of this once he's retired.

Well, considering the depth of the DT class, that's a good get for Kyle, proud of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, RIP Mike Mayock.
    Dunno what you're on about, we still get his amazing draft insight.

- - - Updated - - -

Tony Siragusa
    *non-repeatable string of expletives and personal attacks against that obnoxious cheating fat fuck*

The Raiders may be looking to trade QB Derek Carr. There are really only 2 teams that probably would trade for him. The Giants are the favorites because they actually cleared cap room last year by dealing Eli Apple and Damon Harrison. That could be filled by Carr's contract. The Dolphins are also in the mix because the owner likes to make splashy trades and I think the Tannehill era is over in Miami. The Redskins need a QB but have already tied up $24 million in their current QBs and pushing that close to $50 million to get Carr would make absolutely no sense so I see them drafting a QB. The Jaguars need a QB but they splurged in free agency the last couple of years (including a fat contract to Bortles) and are pretty much in cap hell. The Jaguars could trade for Carr but they'd probably have to cut half their defense. The Bengals might decide Andy Dalton is not the answer but there's really no noise on that front. The Broncos were an option but they just traded for Flacco. I don't see any other teams in the running.

I've written this in pencil

Giants - trade for Derek Carr
    Raiders - trade up and draft Kyler Murray
    Dolphins - trade up and draft Dwayne Haskins
    Jaguars - draft Will Grier
    Broncos - draft Drew Lock
    Redskins - draft Daniel Jones
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.