10+ Year Old Account
    Saints have been expected to sign Jared Cook for a while but it hasn't happened yet. Couldn't ask for a better place to continue his late career boom.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't convinced Goodell would get involved in this Kraft situation. These comments make me think he has to get involved now just to stop Kraft from dragging the league through a year of this.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...38073286688769
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...38109387005952
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I wasn't convinced Goodell would get involved in this Kraft situation. These comments make me think he has to get involved now just to stop Kraft from dragging the league through a year of this.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...38073286688769
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...38109387005952
    I don't think Goodell has much sway in this. This is all outside of the league. Kraft will do what Kraft will do, in his own best interests and Goodell will at some point do what he always does, which is listen intently to the wishes of a handful of the most powerful owners and then do whatever they tell him to do.

- - - Updated - - -

The Cowboys finally sign a safety.....but it's not Eric Berry. They sign George Iloka, who's dependable and all that but he also kind of sucks. That doesn't say much good about Eric Berry. Either teams just don't see it in him anymore or he's asking for too much.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Darn. I had hoped a Bills player would put him on the IR to finish his final season. He can go fuck himself for what he did to Tre White.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    So, to the WWE, or is he gonna be smart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, to the WWE, or is he gonna be smart?
    There's rumours he was already in negotiations with a movie company before the Superbowl. He's a terrible actor though, so I hope he finds a more suitable way to make a new career. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeremy Maclin also announced his retirement, at the wrongest of times.

Someone pointed out that all the numbers in Gronk's Instagram post added up to 69, much to the glee of people like Barstool Sports. Besides the obvious childish reference, is this associated with him for some reason, cause I saw people expressing disappointment he didn't retire on June 9th (6/9)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Someone pointed out that all the numbers in Gronk's Instagram post added up to 69, much to the glee of people like Barstool Sports. Besides the obvious childish reference, is this associated with him for some reason, cause I saw people expressing disappointment he didn't retire on June 9th (6/9)?
    Nope, Gronk is just that juvenile. He once played in a dodgeball game where he had the announcers announce his team as "Roberto Big Piece and the 69'ers"

Ah, of course.

Buffalo's dirty secret that they raised a cretin like Rob Gronkowski. If he didn't become a football player he would have fit in well with the Bills mafia.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gronk is no The Rock. His ceiling is famous background character in <insert R rated comedy of the month>.

Still will not be surprised when we find out he's in the XFL next year.

For the team he leaves behind, this is a huge hole. One they were pretty plainly trying to fill in Free Agency, and one they failed to fill. If the Pats don't make the Super Bowl this year, expect a lot of the blame to be on the lack of Gronk.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Fitz is going to retire before Brady does. xD
    This year will be Brady's last year. I predict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Gronk is just that juvenile. He once played in a dodgeball game where he had the announcers announce his team as "Roberto Big Piece and the 69'ers"
    Ron Mexico wannabe.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Ron Mexico wannabe.
    I had to google that. TIL

Probably not though. He has a steady GF far as I know. We'll see if he goes full party mode now. He said he just wants to do nothing for a while, which means he could do anything.

- - - Updated - - -

This season will kick off with Packers-Bears, on Thursday Sept. 5th. More or less like we thought they might do when the wrinkle about the Season opener was hinted at back before the playoffs last season.

Patriots now to open on Sunday Night with their banner dropping. Opponent not announced yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, a season opener that people might actually want to watch, neat. Hopefully it isn't a snoozer like the Eagles/Falcons.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yea, a season opener that people might actually want to watch, neat. Hopefully it isn't a snoozer like the Eagles/Falcons.
    Eh, it's not like the Patriots home opener is not played now. It just got moved to Sunday night. Guess all the people that weren't interested will skip that game instead now. Don't see how that makes much difference.

Choices for Patriots home opener are basically Cowboys, Chiefs, Steelers and Browns. Chiefs and Cowboys are rating busters whenever they get scheduled. Steelers have been a late season ratings/drama crutch for the league for a few years now, and both Steelers and Chiefs have already been season openers after a Superbowl win in recent years. So I'm guessing they'll want the Browns for the opener. Offseason champs vs last season's champs.

Can't wait for schedule release in like 2 or 3 weeks!

- - - Updated - - -

NFL just made blindside blocks illegal (tweet has a video with some examples): https://twitter.com/NFLFootballOps/s...97189800288256

I'm okay with this, always felt kinda cheap to lay someone out when they couldn't see the block coming.

- - - Updated - - -

So the lame duck On Side kick is all we are going to have and the AWFUL Kansas City proposal is still alive. Bad day in football.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like the 4th and 15, don't trust the refs not to fuck it up, but something needs to be done since they killed onside kicks.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The blindside block thing doesn't even make sense. They're not even blindsided. Most of the examples were face to face. And how the hell are you supposed to block someone chasing them down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The blindside block thing doesn't even make sense. They're not even blindsided. Most of the examples were face to face. And how the hell are you supposed to block someone chasing them down?
    Yeah that's going to be the tricky part. Not sure how they intend for you to do that now. Guess it's going to work like a pick in basketball? just stand in their way so they have to move around you? dunno

I understand why they wanted to get rid of them though. They sometimes lead to harsh injuries that players never saw coming and couldn't defend themselves against. Can't want the league to do something about concussions and then not have them do something about something that is causing a lot of them, and is a kinda dangerous play in general.