Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ...
13
53
61
62
63
64
LastLast
  1. #1241
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    IDK if it's BS or if he just threatened it to try and force the arbiter to rule in his favor.



    Also, rumors abound that Clowney is about to be traded.
    The full story was not only that he threatened to retire, but he'd gone dark on the team and they had no idea where he was.

    This while he was turning up to meetings and being seen at camp by on site reporters.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  2. #1242
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Pretty much. I welcome Cowboys fans who think he's a franchise QB. Please sign him for $40 mil a year and remain a joke of a franchise.
    I totally disagree with asking for 40 million, but we could always be worse. We could be the Redskins

    If he keeps insisting with this price point, we'll likely be looking to drafting another pretty soon.

  3. #1243
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I totally disagree with asking for 40 million, but we could always be worse. We could be the Redskins

    If he keeps insisting with this price point, we'll likely be looking to drafting another pretty soon.
    Speaking of Redskins, not many people have been talking about the Trent Williams shitstorm. Dude is holding out not even wanting to play for them because of their medical staff and how his injuries were treated last season. Redskins refusing to trade him.

  4. #1244
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Speaking of Redskins, not many people have been talking about the Trent Williams shitstorm. Dude is holding out not even wanting to play for them because of their medical staff and how his injuries were treated last season. Redskins refusing to trade him.
    May an eternity of being sub .500, and hopefully go full Browns, await them. Until Dan Snyder gets the fuck out, they will always be terrible and act terrible.

  5. #1245
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    24,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Speaking of Redskins, not many people have been talking about the Trent Williams shitstorm. Dude is holding out not even wanting to play for them because of their medical staff and how his injuries were treated last season. Redskins refusing to trade him.
    Hell no. Even worse than just injuries. He had a growth on his head. Had it checked out by Washington medical staff and they told him it was fine. Went to get it checked after the season and it turned out that it had to be removed pronto. That's what upset him so.

    And with his distrust of the medical staff he has basically said "I don't want to deal with you guys any longer". Washington's only options are apparently to trade him or pay him a WHOLE lot more money to compensate.

    Honestly, Washington should have probably traded him when they had a chance, cause the dude has made his cash already and he doesn't care that he loses a year of salary. It's either that or pay him more than Trent Brown got from the Raiders and potentially regret the contract in 2 or 3 years.

  6. #1246
    I know the Saints fired medical staff when they misdiagnosed Delvin Breaux, but I think there were other incidents with them they were dissatisfied with and it added up. Of course there are plenty other things people can point to with Washington's medical staff but no action is being taken.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Andrew Luck has a calf issue, no its a bone problem, no its a high ankle issue...

    Getting deja vu from these nebulous Luck injury evaluations.
    /s

  7. #1247
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    May an eternity of being sub .500, and hopefully go full Browns, await them. Until Dan Snyder gets the fuck out, they will always be terrible and act terrible.
    Yeah, after they refused to fix the field that players complained about, then their QB and 2 seahawks blew out their knees in the same game I could really care less about that team.

    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hell no. Even worse than just injuries. He had a growth on his head. Had it checked out by Washington medical staff and they told him it was fine. Went to get it checked after the season and it turned out that it had to be removed pronto. That's what upset him so.

    And with his distrust of the medical staff he has basically said "I don't want to deal with you guys any longer". Washington's only options are apparently to trade him or pay him a WHOLE lot more money to compensate.

    Honestly, Washington should have probably traded him when they had a chance, cause the dude has made his cash already and he doesn't care that he loses a year of salary. It's either that or pay him more than Trent Brown got from the Raiders and potentially regret the contract in 2 or 3 years.
    I didn't hear about that. Thats fucking insane.


    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Andrew Luck has a calf issue, no its a bone problem, no its a high ankle issue...

    Getting deja vu from these nebulous Luck injury evaluations.
    Very weird how they've handled Luck's injuries as well, at least publicly. Its clear they know whats wrong. Just don't want to say or tell the truth. First it was calf, now its ankle/bone issue.

  8. #1248
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,318
    Hard Knocks was decent, the AB drama didn't take up much time, which is good when it's already become a non issue.

    Seeing Ritchie Incognito act as the voice of reason in a massive Rams/Raiders brawl though is weird as hell, what happened to that guy in therapy?


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  9. #1249
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    24,102
    Today was the first of a few joint practices between the Titans and the Patriots, in the run up to Saturday's game, and it was pretty fun to see the banter and joking around between the players and coaches that know each other from shared time on the Patriots.

    I still think joint practices are the way coaches will have to get the maximum of training time and growth out of their teams if the NFL moves to an 18 game season. There's just not enough time otherwise, and joint practices are always that much more intense and competitive.

  10. #1250
    Legendary! Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,301
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Today was the first of a few joint practices between the Titans and the Patriots, in the run up to Saturday's game, and it was pretty fun to see the banter and joking around between the players and coaches that know each other from shared time on the Patriots.

    I still think joint practices are the way coaches will have to get the maximum of training time and growth out of their teams if the NFL moves to an 18 game season. There's just not enough time otherwise, and joint practices are always that much more intense and competitive.
    I think I heard Pete Carroll is very against joint practicing, even if they happened to have a team that was physically near them outside of the division. Once the public and media are barred from attending training camp they move everything indoors too. Maybe he is a conspiracy theorist after all.

    They did their first scrim game at a local high school stadium early in training camp this year. Carroll had positive remarks about it afterwards.

  11. #1251
    Trent Williams isn't the only one. Colt McCoy too. Think the Redskins might need to be investigated. At the very least, medical malpractice is something that carries a hefty fine.

  12. #1252
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    12,318
    This Cardinals team could easily go 0-16 and I wouldn't batter an eyelid.


    Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

  13. #1253
    Is the MMO champion fantasy league coming back this year?

  14. #1254
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Is the MMO champion fantasy league coming back this year?
    Probably not. Havent seen @Alae on and I simply dont have the time.

  15. #1255
    Mind if I roll need? xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    24,102
    "NFL is reinstating Patriots’ WR Josh Gordon, league source tells ESPN." - Schefter


    Well then. And just at a moment when Patriots pass catchers are dropping like flies with minor injuries. Talk about a welcome return.

  16. #1256
    Maybe they finally decided (rightly so) that smoking weed wasn't that bad, considering what the hell the rest of the league gets away with.


    IDK why weed is even on their prohibited drugs list. It offers no performance enhancement, just pain management and a little R&R.

  17. #1257
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    IDK why weed is even on their prohibited drugs list. It offers no performance enhancement, just pain management and a little R&R.
    Because the NFL knows the players want it, so it will be leverage until the players give something up for it. Because they don't care that the game, they play forces this players to be in significant pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    This is best comparable to fighting fire with a blowtorch to your own face.

  18. #1258
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,489
    This better mean that when Randy gregry applies for reinstatement, they give it to him too.

  19. #1259
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Probably not. Havent seen @Alae on and I simply dont have the time.
    damn that sucks

  20. #1260
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    IDK why weed is even on their prohibited drugs list. It offers no performance enhancement, just pain management and a little R&R.
    It probably has to do with how many states weed is not legal in. Letting around 2/3rds of the players use it when the other 1/3rd can't legally use might be hard to convince the league to do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •