The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Rudolph, if he were to be suspended, would be for trying to take Myle's helmet off and kicking him in the dick.

and a season long ban seems good enough. Hope he gets a lot of anger management training so it doesnt happen ever again, cause thats inexcusable.
    People keep saying Rudolph and "trying" to take his helmet off. I'm watching the video, and while I see a possible "attempt", he didn't, and so who cares? Garret essentially assaulted him, after a late hit during the play.

I don't think penalties should be graduated based on the actions of others during the same event (or elsewhere) but what exactly did Rudolph DO (instead of what it seemed like he was doing?) - if that makes sense the way I phrased it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Since he essentially instigated the entire situation by going after the helmet dude should be out a minimum of a game. Especially when he charges in like that with no helmet going for the guy's balls. Totally unacceptable behavior by everyone involved.
    Are you saying you think Rudolph instigated it?

- - - Updated - - -

I figure they just went after the most obvious first, and will continue to analyze the rest for later punishment.
    I could see that happening - having it play out after they get a better idea of the entirety of events.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt matter if he didnt successfully take it off. Trying to do so is still a really bad thing to do given it exposes your vulnerable head, and is punishable regardless of how much it escalated after. Intent matters just as much as execution. Also, there's the groin kick issue (bit more murky to divine intent). His transgression isnt nearly on the same level as Myle's, but it's likely still suspension worthy. At the very least, its definitely fine worthy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt matter if he didnt successfully take it off. Trying to do so is still a really bad thing to do given it exposes your vulnerable head, and is punishable regardless of how much it escalated after. Intent matters just as much as execution. Also, there's the groin kick issue (bit more murky to divine intent). His transgression isnt nearly on the same level as Myle's, but it's likely still suspension worthy. At the very least, its definitely fine worthy.
    I would argue that it does matter if it was actually removed or not. That being said - wtf? Why was Rudolph trying to take off his helmet? At that moment? Really odd. I still think punishing Rudolph beyond an in-game penalty (although IIRC correctly he didn't get one) is unnecessary. Also, the kick to the groin/balls doesn't look like that was what Rudolph was doing - it really looks like his foot just got caught. But the helmet removal attempt was certainly clear, more than I initially thought from watching the video the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I would argue that it does matter if it was actually removed or not. That being said - wtf? Why was Rudolph trying to take off his helmet? At that moment? Really odd. I still think punishing Rudolph beyond an in-game penalty (although IIRC correctly he didn't get one) is unnecessary. Also, the kick to the groin/balls doesn't look like that was what Rudolph was doing - it really looks like his foot just got caught. But the helmet removal attempt was certainly clear, more than I initially thought from watching the video the first time.
    I imagine being roughed up and taking shots close to the head so soon after a head injury had him riled up. Ok state boys take no shit, they're trained by Gundy. Doesnt make it ok though.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Not really. There are plenty of terrible QBs around but Kaep was already on his way out when the controversy started. His last season or 2 were atrocious. Also not sure what he's like now, years from his last appearance, older and undoubtedly missing some of his speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Ban seems excessive. Problem is how uneven they are with other attacks, even in-game ones. Gronkowski legit elbow dropped a guy's neck while he was laying on the ground, causing ACTUAL injury, and got a slap on the wrist. It may not be as flashy but it's just as bad imo.

I'm curious what Rudolph's punishment will be as well. Not being one of those people saying he started it so he deserved -- obviously there's no excuse for what Garrett did -- but Rudolph DID start it trying to yank Garrett's helmet off. Seems like a fine at least. 1 game suspension seems too far as no one would be asking for one had things not blown up, but maybe to make a statement.
    He did not start anything. Skip to 1:24 Rudolph already got rid of the ball before he gets yanked down. 2:14 in the video for something that the NFL needs to set in stone now that it will not be allowed ever! Doing what happened at 2:14 needs to be hit with a permaban from the NFL.

15+ Year Old Account
    I figure they just went after the most obvious first, and will continue to analyze the rest for later punishment.
    It does say more will be forthcoming.

Maybe a heavy fine is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl. I suppose that is a punishment in itself

you know what fine the Steelers could use? Mason Fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Pittsburgh's season.

updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I imagine being roughed up and taking shots close to the head so soon after a head injury had him riled up. Ok state boys take no shit, they're trained by Gundy. Doesnt make it ok though.
    Lol, yeah - probably. And I know I sound like I'm excusing the behavior, but to clarify, I'm not - I just don't think he should get any out-of-game penalty/fine/ban for his actions. @Deus Mortis summary of events is spot on. Garret should be banned for life. Rudolph should be back on the field next game.

At the end of the day, so to speak, Garret literally could have killed Rudolph - and that should be the focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one has mentioned yet that I have seen, Pouncey got three games. I'm sure he and the rest of the team don't care, since he did what anyone would do. But three games for what was effectively self defense, when much worse gets less, seems excessive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No one has mentioned yet that I have seen, Pouncey got three games. I'm sure he and the rest of the team don't care, since he did what anyone would do. But three games for what was effectively self defense, when much worse gets less, seems excessive.
    I think if he had just kept to shoving he'd be ok, maybe 1 game suspension. He kicked Myles in the head area though so need to hit hard for that. I imagine he doesn't regret it though.

Hope Dallas's guys dont do similar cause Im positive Tyron would actually accidentally kill a man with those legs of his.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit makes sense with Stafford's injury being potentially serious. I'm surprised Carolina isn't in on this with Newton likely being done there. Makes sense for Tampa to look too since their QB stinks. Plenty of teams should be an injury away from considering Kaep but plenty have had injuries and didn't sign him, so I doubt there will be any movement after this abortive publicity stunt.
    Carolina's doing fine with Allen, and quite honestly they're the one team where even if they did want Kaep, they probably just bring him in for a workout. They already have Reid on their roster.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I really don't understand why anyone thinks Kaepernick would have any success if a team was desperate enough to sign him. He was never a good passer to begin with, and he has not played a game in 3 years. It is probably just a publicity stunt to make sure his name stays out there anyway.

3 Steeler receivers left the game after helmet to helmet hits (one of which looked very intentional), throwing the opposing QB on the ground at the end of the game well after he threw the ball when up 2 scores and swinging a player's own helmet at their head? Did they think Gregg Williams was still there?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I really don't understand why anyone thinks Kaepernick would have any success if a team was desperate enough to sign him. He was never a good passer to begin with, and he has not played a game in 3 years. It is probably just a publicity stunt to make sure his name stays out there anyway.

3 Steeler receivers left the game after helmet to helmet hits (one of which looked very intentional), throwing the opposing QB on the ground at the end of the game well after he threw the ball when up 2 scores and swinging a player's own helmet at their head? Did they think Gregg Williams was still there?
    You need to have a pretty bad QB to make that move. Dolphins would if they weren't trying to tank (hell at this point they might BECAUSE they're trying to tank), Steelers would because there's nothing to tank for and Rudolph is baaaaaad.

And honestly? That game felt somehow like the Browns won yet still it was a total meltdown game for them. Had they lost that game and done all that, there's probably concensus that Kitchens is one and done as their coach.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Word from the NFL is that Rudolph will be fined, which makes sense, he isn't completely innocent. Obviously nothing he did warranted the madness that followed, which is why his punishment would and should be much lighter.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Word from the NFL is that Rudolph will be fined, which makes sense, he isn't completely innocent. Obviously nothing he did warranted the madness that followed, which is why his punishment would and should be much lighter.
    I think the NFL handled the situation and punishments very well. People saying Rudolph should be suspended too are browns fans and/or delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Kaep blew off the NFL's dog and pony show to have his own event at a nearby high school, no word on attendees.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Tua's injury today is about worst case scenario. If he declares for the draft, might slip to a early second to maybe third round. 2020 sounds like a stretch to play in for him.

Apparently Kaep blew off the NFL's dog and pony show to have his own event at a nearby high school, no word on attendees.
    Good on Kaep to say no to that PR shitshow in order to allow media.

Yeah it was a total joke from what the NFL did. Short notice, a day BEFORE teams play on Sunday instead of the usual Tuesday workouts. No media allowed, weird insurance things going on. Supposedly 8 teams went to see his workout today based on his agent anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention during the middle of CFB saturday, where most scouts are.