10+ Year Old Account
    "Jets are giving WR Jamison Crowder a 3-year, $28.5 million deal that includes $17 million guaranteed, per source." - Schefter

Slot receiver market seems to be around 10M then. I doubt the Patriots will be players at that price. (which probably means they suddenly sign 2 of the guys )

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Frank Gore is signed for a year by the Bills. Further chance to climb up the most carries/yards all time list.

- - - Updated - - -

Foles is a Jag.

- - - Updated - - -

Garafolo tweeted right after that "Max value of 102M"

Wowzers. That's a potential 25,5M a year for Foles.

- - - Updated - - -

And apparently 50M guaranteed. Wow.

Holy shit Bills. Come on. We are the top spenders in the league (as of this moment) on RBs, while being 32nd on OLine, TE, and 31st on WR (Pittsburgh now being 32nd after trading AB).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad money for Foles, he's in Roethlisberger/Flacco range. The guaranteed money is pretty good, just remains to be seen how much of it is injury guarantee.

Saints got deals done to keep their special teams aces/rotational defenders Robertson & Banjo. I'm glad, they do well on ST and they take advantage of their time on defense to make big plays and create turnovers.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 years for Foles is impressive though. I wanna see if it's 2 or 3 years actually guaranteed though. Either way that should end any talk of the Jags drafting a rookie.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

DeSean Jackson going back to the Eagles.

After seeing what Foles is getting, I am ok with Flacco if Denver didn't want to roll with Keenum for another year. 50 mill guaranteed and 46 mill in the 1st 2 years is way worse than 18.5 mill this year and 0 guaranteed money for Flacco.

Matt Paradis is probably going to the Jets, hopefully he gets paid what he is worth relative to other centers, because Denver wasn't going to do that for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    DeSean Jackson going back to the Eagles.
    "League source tells me the eagles gave a 2019 6th round pick and a 2020 7th round pick to get Desean Jackson" https://twitter.com/RealDGunnNBCS/st...15450697342978

Modest trade for the Eagles, and doesn't screw with the compensatory pick this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    DeSean can still make plays, glad to see him leave the NFC South
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The Eagles are quietly putting together a scary offense, but their weakness remains today as it was last season the defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The #Bills have agreed to terms with TE Tyler Kroft on a 3-year deal worth $18.75M ($6.25M per year), source said. It can be worth $21M."

Second TE move of the day. Bills get an underrated player.

- - - Updated - - -

"The #Titans are signing former #Bucs WR Adam Humphries, per @MikeGarafolo and me. Another top slot threat off the market. One of the NFL’s most efficient on third down."

Dang. Would not have minded the Patriots taking a peek at this guy. He ends up in Nashville instead.

- - - Updated - - -

"WR Adam Humphries' contract with the Titans expected to be $36 million over four years, sources tell me and @TomPelissero."

Daaaaaaang, that's almost affordable in today's market.

10+ Year Old Account
    The insane receiver market is why the Saints haven't cut loose Cam Meredith despite being a bust last year.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account

Wow. THat's going to take some getting used to. Suggs in the desert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

Wow. THat's going to take some getting used to. Suggs in the desert.
    ASU guy headed back to AZ.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The Eagles are quietly putting together a scary offense, but their weakness remains today as it was last season the defense.
    I know that's a popular sentiment, but it's not really true. Their defense was decimated by injury last year (they were literally on their 10th string DB) and they still finished with largely similar on statistical rankings and better in ones that matter. They did have some bad situational moments and a few rough games but still finished 12th in PPG allowed (with a 50 burger from the Saints in there). They were a pretty solid bend-but-don't-break defense, all things considered. And down the stretch, as those backups got experience, they locked down the Rams, Texans and Saints (in the playoffs).

Their offense was 18th in PPG, struggled in the red zone, couldn't run the ball and struggled to stretch the field with big plays (fixed--I think). I'm not saying it's a big difference, but their defense wasn't particularly bad, all things considered--and it's only gotten better so far.
    Last edited by Espo; 2019-03-11 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this news, and the teams I follow have done nothing. Except Dallas signed a random tight end I've never heard of. So there's that.

Mitch Morse is going to the Bills. I am curious to see what him and Paradis end up making, especially with how much some of the tackles are getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    All this news, and the teams I follow have done nothing. Except Dallas signed a random tight end I've never heard of. So there's that.
    I mean not to be that person but that's usually the better teams. Look at who's most active today, the Bills and the Lions. Does anyone think all these moves make either of these teams legitimate contenders?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think he’s more known for commentary than being a tight end.
    Not THAT Tight end. Pendulous has definitely heard of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean not to be that person but that's usually the better teams. Look at who's most active today, the Bills and the Lions. Does anyone think all these moves make either of these teams legitimate contenders?
    So they should just not make any moves because they weren't already contenders?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .