Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    You're allowed to use lethal force against police on your property in the USA/Texas?
    The short answer... it depends.

The slightly longer answer, if the police properly identify themselves, no. The depends part comes down to what exactly the police are doing and if it's legal. In this instance, regardless of warrant being legal, a no-knock raid by plain clothed police is going to lean more to the self-defense side. Many states have been outlawing no-knock raids for this very reason. And really and 60 year old couple with a glock isn't a reasonable reason for a no-knock.

Self-defense against police is extremely sticky, mainly it comes down to if the person knew they were police you pretty much can't claim self-defense at all, some states have even made it completely illegal to resist in anyway... So even if the reason for the stop/arrest is found to be unlawful, non-compliance is illegal and you will be charged just with that alone. In other states, it takes pretty extreme (illegal or life threatening) actions by the police to be able to claim self-defense against them, and no-knock raids are at the top of that extreme actions list.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yep when racism is allowed to be fostered to the point that a human being based on their skin color, gender or orientation can be reduced to the point where their basic rights, are viewed as a privilege.

This is the kind of shit you get, along with people justifying it.
    Except both victims were WHITE!
    Nice try though.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

15+ Year Old Account
    Cops being so eager for no-knock warrants in a country with a culture for armed home defense seems poorly thought out.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    BlackLivesMatter. Fuck these kkk members with badges.
    A little actual effort before crying racism would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    You're allowed to use lethal force against police on your property in the USA/Texas?
    If the police don't announce themselves, than any reasonable person would use lethal force to defend themselves.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    So you stand outside like idiots while they take cover and shoot you one by one? Lol.
    But why is forcing an armed confrontation the first step these cops try? Just reeks of shitty training and an itching to shoot people.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat McGroin View Post
    The officer is going to go down for this one. I wouldn’t be surprised if the police chief takes a tumble on this one too.

This happened three weeks ago. I’m kind of surprised it is just now making the MMOC Gen-OT news.
    Victims were white. If they can't play the race-bait game it's not news I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    A little actual effort before crying racism would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

If the police don't announce themselves, than any reasonable person would use lethal force to defend themselves

This pretty much.

If I am in my house relaxing after work having a smoke with my wife and a group of armed people break into my house and shoot my dog I frankly doubt my brain would even attempt to process who they are. Home invaded + best friend murdered = wife is in danger = violent response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    But why is forcing an armed confrontation the first step these cops try? Just reeks of shitty training and an itching to shoot people.
    It's a combination of having officers that aren't fit to be rent-a-cops in civilized countries, little training, a climate of fear/shoot first, and laws that shield them when they murder people. It took me moving out of the US to see how bad it was back home.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't 18 grams a lot? I don't know, not a weed smoker myself.
    Lol no, it's half an ounce. They barely had any cocaine as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    What is ridiculous is that this is not making front page news on major sites. If it does not push their BS narrative then they don't report.
    Had the couple been black this would have been EVERYWHERE. Hell there have been 2 MMO-C commenters already trying to play the damn race card because they didn't even know the couple were white. Doctor Amadeus (or whatever his name is this week) with his typical left wing propaganda and TheramoreIsTheBomb with her "BlackLivesMatter" because all lives don't matter? GTFO of here with that shit.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How can you claim privilege is invented when people are getting murdered by police and said police get off? Or are you claiming only white privilge is invented?
    Police privilege is absolutely real, but police also do regularly get off shooting white people. Police are just scummy in general in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    US police randomly murdering people, hardly any thing new unless you have your head up your ass.
    Totally inaccurate and slanderous. It is hardly ever random.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Totally inaccurate and slanderous. It is hardly ever random.
    Yeah, they tend to target minorities and poor people more often, totally forgot that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post

Tl;dr: "innocent"
    LOL! Best thing in the whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    What is ridiculous is that this is not making front page news on major sites. If it does not push their BS narrative then they don't report.
    Had the couple been black this would have been EVERYWHERE. Hell there have been 2 MMO-C commenters already trying to play the damn race card because they didn't even know the couple were white. Doctor Amadeus (or whatever his name is this week) with his typical left wing propaganda and TheramoreIsTheBomb with her "BlackLivesMatter" because all lives don't matter? GTFO of here with that shit.
    Like I said in my first post. I’m kind of surprised a thread hasn’t been a thread made about this here yet. It has almost all of what people like to discuss in this sub forum. Almost...
    This event happened three weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How can you claim privilege is invented when people are getting murdered by police and said police get off? Or are you claiming only white privilge is invented?
    Non-police citizens get away with murder as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I'd like to know what you yourself are drinking because clearly you live in an alternate reality if you believe white people are a second class citizen .
    Spent too much time in college liberal arts programs? Which would be ironic I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    BlackLivesMatter. Fuck these kkk members with badges.
    Certainly goes against the notion that BLM advocates that all lives matter when it comes to police shootings and that they simply focus on black people. When a police shooting happens, it's just automatically assumed the victim is black.

So you stand outside like idiots while they take cover and shoot you one by one? Lol.
    Honestly a better outcome than murdering two people and having 5 injured.

1. The couple were Hispanic, IIRC.

2. I got this shit from the Houston Chronicle, which is the major newspaper there.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas

Umm..yeah...

Ok, so this one is a bit of a doozy, but bear with me.

So our story begins with a drug bust, where a couple was shot and killed. The president of the Houston police union used it as an opportunity to threaten anti-police brutality activists.

But that's only the beginning of the story. Turns out the raid itself was likely not on the up-and-up.

Tl;dr: HPD likely made up false intel to get a warrant for an innocent couple and killed them.

This is seriously fucked up.
    One person in the HPD seems to be a the issue here from what I can tell. He has been suspended and is under investigation for a "serious crime."

Am I missing something? Why is everyone talking about race?

- - - Updated - - -

1. The couple were Hispanic, IIRC.
    A fair haired dude named Dennis Tuttle?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/us/ho...nts/index.html

Literally in the top stories of the U.S. News section of everybody's favorite extreme left wing major news outlet.