5+ Year Old Account

Come at me bro; The rantings of an (RL) alcoholic.

This was a bad idea.
    Last edited by Motso; 2019-02-18 at 08:20 AM.

Australia breeds hilarious people.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Australia breeds hilarious people.
    Its the environment, we are ride or die cause if you run into a brown snake alone its die.

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    Its the environment, we are ride or die cause if you run into a brown snake alone its die.
    If I was going to come at you I'd go for the hug. As to the post... I mean I'd argue there is more at work, but I'd also agree there are some bitchy whiners who need a smack of reality.

One of the problems for a big organization which gets so much data about how its customers respond to what is that it starts to look like a maze (consider that Blizzard potentially gets an utterly insane amount of data compared to, say, Wendy's). You end up with this illusion of logic because you hear what people are saying and you see what they're doing in great detail so you make changes based on what you're getting, when really you should have been trusting the instincts of the smart people who have experience making fun games. Data can destroy a business. Not saying I know because I don't, just that I've seen business partners make all the wrong choices because they thought metrics could guide them better than talent.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What city bumpkin bullshit is this. I've been running into Brown Snakes alone since I was 7 years old in Queensland.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    If I was going to come at you I'd go for the hug. As to the post... I mean I'd argue there is more at work, but I'd also agree there are some bitchy whiners who need a smack of reality.

One of the problems for a big organization which gets so much data about how its customers respond to what is that it starts to look like a maze (consider that Blizzard potentially gets an utterly insane amount of data compared to, say, Wendy's). You end up with this illusion of logic because you hear what people are saying and you see what they're doing in great detail so you make changes based on what you're getting, when really you should have been trusting the instincts of the smart people who have experience making fun games. Data can destroy a business. Not saying I know because I don't, just that I've seen business partners make all the wrong choices because they thought metrics could guide them better than talent.
    Overly reliant on data and being so naive as to attempt to cater to the needs and desires of as many gamer profiles as they plainly do. You can't make everyone happy. And when you try, you just piss everyone off.

We have found ourselves in a place where everyone wants/expects WoW to be exactly as fun as it was when they first got into it, and that is feckin stupid.
    Except that a lot of people that go back and play those older versions (illegally) find them to be just as fun as when they played them the first time. The game has changed a lot, there's no denying that and amongst all the millions that quit the game over the years I bet there's a sizable portion that quit because the game changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't really know what this thread originally was, but given the altering of the OP and the distance from WoW as a topic, I am going to say it has run its short course. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead