Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    You should make a poll.

Choose between Saurfang, Baine and returning Thrall. People actually considering Lorthemar, the most irrelevant nobody of Horde's leaders. Even Gallywix has more action than him.
    Thought about making a poll but i really don't see any valid options hence just hoping for some discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    Varok Saurfang.

If you don't support him, you have no honour.
    Like Nymrohd noticed (what i ment in OP):

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It cannot be Saurfang or Sylvanas. We are given the option to back either of those so it can be neither of those otherwise Blizzard outright tells half the players they've chosen poorly. Whatever happens in the end will have to be either a compromise between the two or something completely different. Thrall makes sense.
    IMO we can't have either Sylvanas or Saurfang "win" and be Warchief exactly beacause of the choice we get: some portion of players would be screwed by "choosing badly"
    Last edited by Toore; 2019-02-18 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the player has been garrison commander and class leader, why not warchief

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    Varok Saurfang.

If you don't support him, you have no honour.
    those who has no loyalty has no honor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    At this point mudmug is the only valid choice. He is the only character that truly embodies horde ideals.
    i'm tired of mudmug reference's at this point
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

After Metzen's tease at the Warcraft Q&A panel at Blizzcon, I'll be surprised if it isn't Thrall.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    IMO we can't have either Sylvanas or Saurfang "win" and be Warchief exactly beacause of the choice we get: some portion of players would be screwed by "choosing badly"
    Those players are WITHOUT HONOUR.

I mean even though at least here in the lore forums we have more than a few valid reasons to just be against Thrall, it's clear he has enough hype to salvage this as far as PR is concerned.
    Yeah. Even though I don't mind Thrall that much, I just can't get over the implications his return would bring and how ridiculous it'd make the Horde look. I guess conclusion of all this identity searching which arguably started as far back as Cata would be "Though shit Horde, daddy Thrall was right all along and you need him to rein you in so you don't murder people left and right".

Although unlikely, Still think Warchief Timeskip is the best idea!

Another idea is to just blow everything up. We lose to N'zoth but before he can move on to corrupt Azeroth we find out that Azeroth dies and we have to escape this planet. Everyone loses.
    That's it then. We all need to keep that gift of N'zoth eye or whatever it's called. It's the only path to salvation!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    That's it then. We all need to keep that gift of N'zoth eye or whatever it's called. It's the only path to salvation!
    Nope. But it sure as hell is one of many ways to get "Thats not what was promised"ed.

I hope they Split the Horde into 2 and we finally get a 3 faction system. Ill be siding with Sylvanas and the Forsaken, and would love to be the hated "Evil" faction.

Nope. But it sure as hell is one of many ways to get "Thats not what was promised"ed.
    We're that desperate though! Might as well get flushed down the toilet with N'zoth. Anything to avoid the Andunificaiton really!

Which cannot happen, you cannot force people away from their friends and say "The Forsaken are there for you" (oh wait, they can . . .)
    Just make 3 factions, and we can all play together. Problem solved. Just split randomly into groups for PVP and everyone can play together.

I wanted a 3 faction option so we can put Alliance and Horde crap behind(hell I would love to actually attack both sides) but not leaded by Sylvanas since she is way incompetent and doesn't have the charm to pull it and said faction would be the middle ground between pragmatism and idealism aka not warchief bullshit and neither hugging everyone like hippies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Well, as Afrasiabi said he advocated making the ones who made the wrong choice in the Saurfang questline delete the characters in question (but his team says they can't do that) I do guess there is one of the two choices that becomes (or remains) warchief and will have the power to give people a death sentence. The winner takes it all and the ones who backed the loser...lose. I'm not sure if they can come up with something else that feels like consequences for your decision, but I strongly disagree that the overall outcome will change just because they let our characters make choices. Just because someone backs a side in a revolution doesn't mean that side wins. The point is that you see consequences of your actions, not for the whole world to suddenly turn around because you backed a side (especially because there's champions on both sides).

Another idea is to just blow everything up. We lose to N'zoth but before he can move on to corrupt Azeroth we find out that Azeroth dies and we have to escape this planet. Everyone loses.
    I really think Blizz will choose this way. When it happens they might split player base between new light and void factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully no one.

Horde just needs to stop existing.

I say Talanji. Horde needs to live outside the Thrall, and I'd not trust Baine or Saurfang anything bigger than a sandwich. Also, they are pushing her character hard and would make a good link towards a shadowlands expansion with the whole Voljin and Bwonsamdi stuff. And would also work as a middle point character, both honorable but still not in the suicide/treason van like those two guys.
    Thrall is definitively appearing to teach us about honor, but my guess is he'll settle this time for some sort of advisor.

We're that desperate though! Might as well get flushed down the toilet with N'zoth. Anything to avoid the Andunificaiton really!
    What about choosing to join one of the 6 cosmic forces? I would love to bring sacrifices to the god of arcane or fel.
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    What about choosing to join one of the 6 cosmic forces? I would love to bring sacrifices to the god of arcane or fel.
    Personally, I'm more into the more mundane stuff like Horde vs Alliance or us vs Scourge. Apart from Burning Legion, who were THE BAD GUYS in my book, I'm finding it kinda hard to get into this new cosmic stuff they've been trying to push. Us choosing which cosmic force to side with in some ultimate cosmic mega-war sounds a bit too Avenger-y for me, which honestly wouldn't be surprising at all considering that seems to be the direction WoW's been taking in last couple of years.

Personally, I'm more into the more mundane stuff like Horde vs Alliance or us vs Scourge. Apart from Burning Legion, who were THE BAD GUYS in my book, I'm finding it kinda hard to get into this new cosmic stuff they've been trying to push. Us choosing which cosmic force to side with in some ultimate cosmic mega-war sounds a bit too Avenger-y for me, which honestly wouldn't be surprising at all considering that seems to be the direction WoW's been taking in last couple of years.
    That ship sailed long ago unfortunate, Southeast expansion with Zandalar and Kul'tiras and the mongrel horde would had been excellent expansions after wow vanilla, but now after defeating the legion everything feels kinda underrated. Now that you mention about a cosmic war yeah I agree it will feel a bit comic book(if we go with space machine and everything) but I was more thinking into the gods using zealots groups to promote themself and the whole thing being more a religious war, although considering the faction war is poorly handle, I can't even imagined how the writers will handle a conflict with a tribe of murlocs(probably the horde burn down the village while the alliance took the survivors, roll them into the army and the intelligent ones became schoolars)