Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Only 3 normal BoD pug raids in group finder last nite on Stormrage

This raid has only been out for a few weeks. And I was looking for something with a newer alt. I thought I could find something. Nope. Just 3 normal BoDs on the board on a heavily populated server. This is alarming?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Sure, lets counter argue.

Queue on my level , then 30 shaman as Elemental, aka DPS, 3mins at 4am, it was the same at 11am the next day and the same at 2pm, this was during a weekday, not weekend.

Now at level 52, it still 3mins, even at 3am! Go figure!

Groups for M+ for my alt Shadow Priest, had to scroll around to 10 times to reach the bottom if not more again at 11pm-1am, again Weekday, particularly it was last Thursday.

BoD HC groups after that M+? Around 100 different ones, full half full etc, around 2-3am.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, get new stuff for WoW bashing.

Also, dont try to join groups with your 370 ilvl character.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-02-20 at 01:44 AM.

Maybe your ilvl is too low?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Maybe your ilvl is too low?
    ^^^ when I run groups I make sure the iLVL is SKY FUCKEN HI MATE

Eliminate them hosers , Drop That Zero and GRAB A HERO

7+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter if it's on your server? The group finder always has plenty of groups going anytime I check.

Try toggling warmode too pretty sure you cant see groups forming with the other state of warmode from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Try toggling warmode too pretty sure you cant see groups forming with the other state of warmode from you.
    Do they really split normal BoD raids between warmoed on and off? Yikes.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Its stupid enough to be plausible with blizzard lately anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    No they don't, I think this was confirmed by Ion in a Q and A; groups only gets split between WM on/off in the 'Custom' section. In the sections for instanced content (raid/dungeons) then you'll see all groups whether they have WM on or off, you'll also see groups from other realms. However if a group has an item level requirement and you don't meet that requirement then you won't see that group.

I currently see 16 normals and atleast that many again heroics in the group finder.

His itemlevel was dogshit so the groups didn't appear to him. he only saw the groups without an itemlevel filter

Speaking of Pug Raids, correct me if I'm wrong, but we had people running non-top tier raids in Legion often, right? I wanted to take a newer alt through Uldar, but ever since BoD came out, I haven't seen a single run for it (even on my hgih ilevel main)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People only did old raids like that in Legion because of the legendary chance for the most part. Not saying it's the only reason, but it's probably the biggest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I wanted to take a newer alt through Uldar, but ever since BoD came out, I haven't seen a single run for it (even on my hgih ilevel main)
    Catch up gear made it super obsolete. You get normal Uldir level of gear from random WQs, heroic Uldir level of gear from invasions, and mythic Uldir level of gear from emissaries... And when it was current content most pugs couldn't pass Zul, so it's definitely not "zero effort zerg" to go back to Uldir. It just flat out loses to easy content.

P.S. Mythic0 (non keystone) dungeons drop 370 too, and hc dungeons drop 355. Forgot about that.

You are talking about normal specifically? Well, if so, three sounds like a lot.
    That's 60 people doing a raid that gives worse gear than M+10.

Not gonna be a stellar amount of people doing something like that right?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Catch up gear made it super obsolete. You get normal Uldir level of gear from random WQs, heroic Uldir level of gear from invasions, and mythic Uldir level of gear from emissaries... And when it was current content most pugs couldn't pass Zul, so it's definitely not "zero effort zerg" to go back to Uldir. It just flat out loses to easy content.

P.S. Mythic0 (non keystone) dungeons drop 370 too, and hc dungeons drop 355. Forgot about that.
    Yeah, but was after a transmog appearance. Ah well, I guess I'll just wait until the end of the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    You are talking about normal specifically? Well, if so, three sounds like a lot.
    That's 60 people doing a raid that gives worse gear than M+10.

Not gonna be a stellar amount of people doing something like that right?
    Implying M+10 isn't way more difficult than most of normal BoD.

off peak times usually pretty dead, but search during american night time theres a lot of grps

because, unlike in legion, there is nearly zero incentive to do lower difficulties of a raid once you out gear them.

in legion, you could still get legos and ap from farming normal. in bfa, there's only warforging to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by z01z View Post
    because, unlike in legion, there is nearly zero incentive to do lower difficulties of a raid once you out gear them.

in legion, you could still get legos and ap from farming normal. in bfa, there's only warforging to look forward to.
    And glad it's gone, don't need any more green geared pug leaders that require +20 ilvl than the raid drops to boost themselves in normal. If the gear is the only incentive, then you won't have a bunch of overgeared leggo farmers taking all the spots and every run expecting that as a standard.