Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Catch up gear made it super obsolete. You get normal Uldir level of gear from random WQs, heroic Uldir level of gear from invasions, and mythic Uldir level of gear from emissaries... And when it was current content most pugs couldn't pass Zul, so it's definitely not "zero effort zerg" to go back to Uldir. It just flat out loses to easy content.

P.S. Mythic0 (non keystone) dungeons drop 370 too, and hc dungeons drop 355. Forgot about that.
    What he said. Have had many other sources of 385 gear since then, and no legos. And the Azerite pieces won't warforge either

whenever i search for a pug im seeing a fuckton of grps. was this on some offhour time you tried?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

not alarming since i dont pug
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Only thing normal is any good for is az farming for either super perfect traits or dust from scraping it. Sure, you might get some insane titanforged item but to much RNG. Just targeting a specific m+ and doing it between 8 to 10 is a lot more efficient to cherry pick specific slots.

Just play a warrior and get your friend to be your pocket healer. Enjoy the massacre. Fuck Solo pvp. Wow is a team game.

10+ Year Old Account
    " hey guys, there were nothing but Heroic BoD pug raids in group finder this morning on Darkspear, but no Normal groups? What gives ?"

or anything similar to that ^^

this is such a weird topic to "discuss"

What’s your ilvl and what time did you que? I’m on Stormrage as well and whenever I go pug a random boss from heroic I missed during alt raid I find tons of groups.

If your ilvl is low (370-380) you probably won’t see the majority of groups. Most of them list with an item level requirement which is usually 390-400 even for normal.

It also depends on the times. Activity has always dropped around 1-2 am on Stormrage, it’s an EST server so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This raid has only been out for a few weeks. And I was looking for something with a newer alt. I thought I could find something. Nope. Just 3 normal BoDs on the board on a heavily populated server. This is alarming?
    let me guess

you are around 370-380 and wanted to gear up in normal

well here was you mistake - if you would have itlv that people want for normal raiding aka 400 itlv + you would see dozens of groups

your mistake was wanting to raid without overgearing content by at least 30 itlv

you should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This raid has only been out for a few weeks. And I was looking for something with a newer alt. I thought I could find something. Nope. Just 3 normal BoDs on the board on a heavily populated server. This is alarming?
    If you are on EU realms make sure to hit the checkboxes for displaying german/french/spanish/italian/russian server listings. They make up the majority of the european playerbase after all. And most are searching international anyway.

Nobody bothers with normal because you outgear it from M+. Was the same in Uldir.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Nobody bothers with normal because you outgear it from M+. Was the same in Uldir.
    ^^ Pretty much this. I feel like normal has lost it's place.

you're going to see less and less groups doing normal because there is zero reason to run lower difficulties once you out gear them. unlike legion where people routinely farmed normal and heroic for ap and leggos.

Quote Originally Posted by z01z View Post
    you're going to see less and less groups doing normal because there is zero reason to run lower difficulties once you out gear them. unlike legion where people routinely farmed normal and heroic for ap and leggos.
    Good. I hated having to slog through boring and easy content just for a chance at legendaries. (which would more often than not be garbage and go straight into the bank, good game design)

Quote Originally Posted by z01z View Post
    Good, maybe we'll see less stupid requirement pugs where must have +20 ilvl than what drops on normal to queue for normal, because those groups will never fill when these +20 ilvl players have no business in lower difficulty mode and should be instead in heroic at least.

The only issue that hurts viability of normal isn't that you have no reason to run it when you're 400+ ilvl, it's that you probably won't bother when you're 370-380 either because you can easily get no effort welfare gear like emissary rewards of the same quality as normal raid loot.