Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    yes, its a known fact that companies make shitty products because they want to sell less.
    the best business model is "make as little as possible and see how long you can survive".

seriously, wth

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Because that's what Blizz believes gets people to pay money. And on some level it's true, just not for WoW's playerbase. The new gamer generation is all about winning something or another, the older generation liked stories and solving stuff and roleplaying and customization etc. This is an old game, so it has an older fanbase, this is why the changes tend to attract more negative feedback than good
    I agree. But wouldnt say older rather. Games have become mainstream and its no longer just the fans of X genre you are appealing to. You still have things like Crusader kings for very specific groups. But games like wow have decided to go for mass appeal
    Last edited by Goat the SpaceMage; 2019-02-21 at 01:00 PM.

Legion is objectively worse than BfA, period.

Switching specs? good luck with double AP grind.
    AP grind was mandatory because Artifact weapon was overpowered and not only gave you traits but stamina and weapon ilvl.
    Not having bis legends? Tough luck (for quite a long time, bad luck protection was capped at 4)
    Want more legends? Run LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic all-tier raids each week, do emissaries, run mythic plus and you might get some.
    Need AP? Go run some low keys over 9000 times.
    Wanna do some competitive M+ ? Sorry dude u gotta run raids first for 4+2 set.
    Camera changes and over 9000 long forum posts about it.

People are just retarded and can't see a bigger picture. I agree that BfA has some flaws but Legion had far worse issues and was faaaaar more grindy.

The bad thing is thats its intentional but they think its GOOD. so yea its even worse

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Legion is objectively worse than BfA, period.

Switching specs? good luck with double AP grind.
    AP grind was mandatory because Artifact weapon was overpowered and not only gave you traits but stamina and weapon ilvl.
    Not having bis legends? Tough luck (for quite a long time, bad luck protection was capped at 4)
    Want more legends? Run LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic all-tier raids each week, do emissaries, run mythic plus and you might get some.
    Need AP? Go run some low keys over 9000 times.
    Wanna do some competitive M+ ? Sorry dude u gotta run raids first for 4+2 set.
    Camera changes and over 9000 long forum posts about it.

People are just retarded and can't see a bigger picture. I agree that BfA has some flaws but Legion had far worse issues and was faaaaar more grindy.
    This. 100x this. Legion is the only expansion in WoW's history that caused me to burn out due to the grind. I just came back a few weeks ago and my HoA is already within 3 or 4 levels of my friends who've played the whole expansion. (Minus the ilvl boost from Champions rep but that's literally impossible to grind so /shrug.) The game is much more enjoyable and feels like a mix from the best parts of WoD with the parts of Legion that were good.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's ridiculous this thread has reached 7 (or maybe 8 with my post? guilty of ridiculousness as well) pages.

It's not intentional. It's mere incompetence and bad design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    The worst part is the anti-vax levels of vitriol over a fucking video game.
    The "fucking video game" happens to be a product built and kept by a multi million (or billion? cba to find out...) game company with huge experience and success in the past. It's something people have loved, have been attached to and paid for (and other people still are). The vitriol comes from dissapointment over something that got worse.

Next time you get sick because you eat a burger from a not-so-hygienic joint and you even dare to complain, remember me quoting "Stop whining over a fucking burger"
    /spit@Blizzard

They could do that without wasting resources. Your conspiracy theories are ludicrous. Blizzard wants to make a good game, or they would have just stopped updating WoW.

How is it so hard to believe that they simply tried new things, as they always do, and they didn't work out as well as they had hoped?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    It's ridiculous this thread has reached 7 (or maybe 8 with my post? guilty of ridiculousness as well) pages.

It's not intentional. It's mere incompetence and bad design.

- - - Updated - - -

The "fucking video game" happens to be a product built and kept by a multi million (or billion? cba to find out...) game company with huge experience and success in the past. It's something people have loved, have been attached to and paid for (and other people still are). The vitriol comes from dissapointment over something that got worse.

Next time you get sick because you eat a burger from a not-so-hygienic joint and you even dare to complain, remember me quoting "Stop whining over a fucking burger"
    Boo fucking hoo. It's still an entertainment product. If it no longer provides you quality entertainment, move on. Let them know why, no need to be vitriolic about it.

Comparing a video game company making design decisions you disagree about with a restaurant giving you food poisoning is downright idiotic. You don't need, video games, and their unwanted design choices will not endanger your life. Food is a necessity, and restaruants are expected and required to be up to code for public health. Not even a nice try.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Boo fucking hoo. It's still an entertainment product. If it no longer provides you quality entertainment, move on. Let them know why, no need to be vitriolic about it.

Comparing a video game company making design decisions you disagree about with a restaurant giving you food poisoning is downright idiotic. You don't need, video games, and their unwanted design choices will not endanger your life. Food is a necessity, and restaruants are expected and required to be up to code for public health. Not even a nice try.
    Sorry, hunnybunz, you diminished the entertainment product (which, by the way, happens to work in a continuity and creates attachment by design and/or by choice of the consumer, it's not just a game with fixed hours of playing) to something simple as a "fucking game".
    But i bet the burger analogy triggered ya more... didn't it sir BEEF? )
    /spit@Blizzard

So yes, Blizzard obviously wants to release good expansions that get praise, so no they don’t purposely release shit expansions.

However, it is also true that there is different teams A and B if you will. It is certainly possible, as it truly seems to be, and the case has been made before, that every other expansion has been crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    They're intentionally using 2 separate development teams to be able to work on multiple expansions at once. Note: I said development teams not entire teams.

That being said, one team is able to produce good expansions (with some flaws) like legion and mop, while the other team produces expansions like wod and bfa.

The a team finds new and good stuff, while the b team takes what the a team has made, and changes it to the worse.
    I'd like to copy post #3 and ask if I can have some of what you're on.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    They want to make a game a grandmother and her grandson both want to play without realizing the concessions needed to make that possible leads to a game neither wants to play.
    They made the game more accessible. Why is that a bad thing? What concession did they make, as you suggested, in the game to achieve that?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont like it, why do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by NoGodPleaseNo View Post
    But that was a very good personal experiance for me in the need for user needs analysis, and that what a user says they want, isn't always what they will like or need,especially in software where every feature comes with a cost.
    It's pretty clear that neither Blizzard nor the community understands that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. They're definitely staying half-cocked on things though. They're releasing really watered down, barren templates of things to either later be scrapped or improved upon. Trickling out content as systematically and paced as can be. Lack of transparency on the inner workings of systems because they themselves don't know what to do yet, because they deliberately want to test half baked stuff.

Beta for Azeroth is my favorite meme because it perfectly encapsulates how everything seems.

I got this message from login in WoW today.
    I thought it was kinda funny.

Absolute proof Blizzard wants you to play the game

Or is it....a conspiracy lool

Nah..

We've gone over this ad nauseum.. This is a filler expansion made by the B team. Next expansion will be great.. so you only need to play every other one
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they intentionally make the game bad, they're just out of touch and think they know what we want even though we don't. Its a failing in the community management area. there's a bit of a clog of communication not getting through in the pipes.

Either it's

Community feedback > Community management > l < Blizzard

or

Community feedback > l < Community management > Blizzard

'> I <' = indicates communication block
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-02-22 at 10:09 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

It seems like thats what happening. The truth is they just dont give a shit about a 15 year old game tthats not raking in the cash like it once did. These days being adev for WOW is not a career builder. It is where you go to end it
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I don't think they intentionally make the game bad, they're just out of touch and think they know what we want even though we don't. Its a failing in the community management area. there's a bit of a clog of communication not getting through in the pipes.

Either it's

Community feedback > Community management > l < Blizzard

or

Community feedback > l < Community management > Blizzard

'> I <' = indicates communication block
    They are well beyond out of touch. Their entire game design model is wrong. The population of the game is about 1/5th of what it was during WoTLK. So clearly it has been going down the wrong path for a long time. Not sure what they need to do to bring me back. I have some interest in Classic but it will never be the original experience with how much has changed.

I just hope they all open their eyes and realize the way the game was, was far superior to what they are releasing today. I mean not even gear matters anymore.