Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why do you care so much about your hair?

To me, losing hair is completely meaningless. Like, absolutely irrelevant.
    Well it surely sucks when it happens in your early 20s , if it happens at 40 when you are already married with kids, i agree who cares.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Well it surely sucks when it happens in your early 20s , if it happens at 40 when you are already married with kids, i agree who cares.
    My hairline started receding when I was 18. Didn't give a fuck then, don't give a fuck now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I had major hair loss quite early, I have a high pain threshold and I could afford the hair transplant. So why not do it?
    Even if I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't get a hair transplant.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    I am having a hard time finding a downside to less dumb people in the world.
    We don't know what it does to fertility, a million other things. For all you know it might cause cancer at the age of 7, it might also cause latent traps that may interact with genes from specific people. Polygenetics is a huge unknown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey to each his own. Rock the receding headline, I think when it is only receding at the temples it can be quite sexy with the right haircut
    My hairline started receding when I was 18. That was 16 years ago. I've been having the Jason Statham haircut for 13 years or so.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    We don't know what it does to fertility, a million other things. For all you know it might cause cancer at the age of 7, it might also cause latent traps that may interact with genes from specific people. Polygenetics is a huge unknown.
    If I am not mistaken we already have people in Europe who have lost one of the 2 alleles of the gene, and that's about 10% to 16% of the population in northern countries. https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...17305104#f0020
    It's a relatively recent mutation too which occured between 800 years ago and 4000 years ago.

Don't know about losing both alleles though.

Doesn't this sort of thing need to be proven before people can claim it's true?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    Doesn't this sort of thing need to be proven before people can claim it's true?
    are you, new to the news media cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Fuck age reduction, can this shit save my hair?
    Yes, but to be honest I went bald and I love it, I absolutely hate having to take care of my hair it was such a time sink. Haircuts over your life add up to a lot of extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Intelligence is the cure for HIV/AIDS.

Wear rubber.
    Wow, you just solved AIDS problem, what a genius!

Ok, but seriously, did you think before posting? Just a couple of examples - rape. Wear condom, huh? Fuckup in hospital results getting blood from an infected donor. Wear... a condom...?

I am having a hard time finding an upside to more evil smart people in the world.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Nice post. . . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You want people to live forever? What would we do then when the planet is dying, but we can't die? Suffer forever without breathable air? Will probably take a few generations to adapt, if that ever happens.
    If you're alive but the planet is dying then our space program has failed miserably.
    Where did you learn the population is decreasing? Doesn't sound right. Perhaps you mean the population growth is decreasing? Which is and has been expected.
    In America, Europe, and Japan the population of people is decreasing if you don't take into consideration of immigrants. I think Japan and Norway are in panic mode cause they're afraid without young people then who's going to pay for social security.

That's because you think yourself as being among the less dumb, and as such would find yourself among peers.
    You would not be among peers. You would be, for them at the very least, among the said dumb people of the world that they are eager to weed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Yeah, alright there are and have been way smarter people than these twins. Not gonna happen.
    Yes, but we haven't had the ability to mass-produce them yet.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    My mom had endometrial cancer, actually. My grandma had lounge cancer, my grandad had prostate cancer. Plenty of cancer in other words.

Didn't say I wished it on anyone. I believe 8-10 million people dies from cancer per year. Wouldn't be a good thing for the planet if they didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

You want people to live forever? What would we do then when the planet is dying, but we can't die? Suffer forever without breathable air? Will probably take a few generations to adapt, if that ever happens.

Where did you learn the population is decreasing? Doesn't sound right. Perhaps you mean the population growth is decreasing? Which is and has been expected.
    We fix it. If the planet is dying, we fix it. If we're living forever, that means we have forever to figure it out. And if we can't? We figure out how to go somewhere else and make sure we don't fuck up that planet. We turns Mars into something livable, we create space colonies, we do what it takes to survive. Any person who dies today has less and less chance to see the turning point where we hit the next stages of life extension.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    We fix it. If the planet is dying, we fix it. If we're living forever, that means we have forever to figure it out. And if we can't? We figure out how to go somewhere else and make sure we don't fuck up that planet. We turns Mars into something livable, we create space colonies, we do what it takes to survive. Any person who dies today has less and less chance to see the turning point where we hit the next stages of life extension.
    My concern with life extension is cultural stagnation. While I would like my older relatives to live longer than the years they realistically have left, imagine someone from the 20s who supported Jim Crow sticking around to this day.

Perhaps I'm wrong though. Who knows what a few centuries would do to a person's political and cultural beliefs. Take our hypothetical racist and give him centuries to travel the world and see new peoples, ideologies and cultures and maybe he will be persuaded to think in a more egalitarian, colorblind way. Who really knows? But if we want to pursue life extension and biological longevity, we really need to discuss issues like this and how to hypothetically solve them.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2019-02-22 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying this is how you get Khan.

But this is how you get Khan.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    My concern with life extension is cultural stagnation. While I would like my older relatives to live longer than the years they realistically have left, imagine someone from the 20s who supported Jim Crow sticking around to this day.

Perhaps I'm wrong though. Who knows what a few centuries would do to a person's political and cultural beliefs. Take our hypothetical racist and give him centuries to travel the world and see new peoples, ideologies and cultures. Who really knows? But if we want to pursue life extension and biological longevity, we really need to discuss issues like this and how to hypothetically solve them.
    I'd be willing to accept a slow-down in social improvement for two or even three times the lifespan. It would also mean we'd have the time to figure out these issues, rather than dying and leaving it to the next generation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'd be willing to accept a slow-down in social improvement for two or even three times the lifespan. It would also mean we'd have the time to figure out these issues, rather than dying and leaving it to the next generation.
    I feel this one is really hard to adequately figure out, or even get close to what it would be like. Based on my own experience of 35 years I sometimes see myself no longer enjoying the things I did enjoy as a younger person, feeling a certain exhaustion to new developments, less excitement and so on, mobile phones are a good example of that. I remember how I was extremely excited for my new motorola razr v3 back when it was just released and compare that to my reaction going from Nexus 6P to Samsung S8+ ... nowhere near the same.

Now mulitply that with loads and loads of other topics and now imagine me being 200 years old, I'd be sick of it all I imagine. At the same time, a single human living forever would probably have that (if not being kept in a lab being probed and checked for my secrets) but I wouldn't exist in a vacuum - if the majority would be immortal, society and how we perceive time would change drastically as well.

I see a lot of constructs such as money to go away in that scenario, unless they'd keep immortality to paying customers only - then it would change the entire conversation again - probably that would be a good start, would it be free for everybody or a service to be paid for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    @Chrotesque As to the 'getting tired' of things or not keeping up with new trends, I can see that, but at the same time there are people out there who are always jumping on the next bandwagon and seem way too excited about things. I'm personally more interested in a comfortable routine with things functioning well, and slow, incremental improvements over time, but that doesn't mean there aren't things out there I'd love to see pop up. Plus, who knows what they'd come up with in a hundred years? Surely something would hit the perfect "I LOVE IT!" moment for a lot of us in that much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Super intelligent humans created by any means may actually save the rest of us knuckle draggers from killing the planet and ourselves... or they could take over the world and enslave us all.
    You repeat yourself