Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Fuck sometimes I hate it when I'm right.

This is definitely a long term play on world domination. I'm not joking.
    Fastest path to world dom is AI, this is just another path.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Fuck sometimes I hate it when I'm right.

This is definitely a long term play on world domination. I'm not joking.
    Make no mistake, CRISPR could be the start of great changes to humanity. It has already revolutionized medicine to some degree and future generations could see a world where everything from flu to blindness can be effectively treated or even eliminated. We could even see a world in the future where aging can be slowed down by centuries or even reversed.

The issue is what happens when we apply that for other uses on humans like we're seeing with animals now. Some geneticists are using gene drives to make it to where an invasive species or disease-carrying insect like mosquito populations that carry malaria are edited to where they can only give birth to one sex at a 100% ratio, effectively wiping them out. In race horses in South America, breeders are attempting to create more athletic horses.

They're even using CRISPR to attempt to de-extinct animals like woolly mammoths, tasmanian tigers and passenger pigeons, by collecting the DNA fragments left behind by semi-preserved carcasses, rebuilding and sequencing the extinct genome and then essentially copy-and-pasting those extinct genes onto the genome of a close living relative, so basically building a mammoth from an Asian elephant.

None of these are problematic on their own, but what happens when governments want to apply this to humans? It's a Pandora's Box and one that terrifies and inspires me at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The great part is, you can alter you DNA while you are alive too with the same process. This is how they have discovered how to reverse age and regenerate organs like eyes in mice already and human trials on age reduction are only a few years away

It needs to come faster. But yes.. Excellent............./gifhere
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am sick of the "it's okay when China does it" shit. If the US, or the UK did shit like this people would be up in arms about how wrong it is.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, makes me sad I was born way before this tech was even invented. Can only image the possibilities, good and bad. But before really give it a kick, we need space travel or something. Can't contain all that niceness on 1 planet, might end up screwing it up, especially religious groups protesting against enhanced humans.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yes it would be great if any place enhances the human gene collection. As people get more intelligent they tend to get more reasonable, unlike in Hollywood movies where genuises are drawn to evil.
    For fuck's sake, do you even have a clue to the consequences to what you're saying?
    For christ's sake think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    Damn, makes me sad I was born way before this tech was even invented. Can only image the possibilities, good and bad. But before really give it a kick, we need space travel or something. Can't contain all that niceness on 1 planet, might end up screwing it up, especially religious groups protesting against enhanced humans.
    It's very likely that humans could experience a light form of speciation in space, if we choose to modify ourselves to survive in more hostile conditions: bioforming (where we modify ourselves and other lifeforms to live in an alien environment) or bioterraforming (somewhere between bioforming and terraforming).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    For fuck's sake, do you even have a clue to the consequences to what you're saying?
    For christ's sake think before you post.
    What are you talking about? Improving human beings is obviously a good thing. Imagine if the pre-homo sapien primates tried to prevent evolutionary improvements. We wouldn't be alive today.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    What are you talking about? Improving human beings is obviously a good thing. Imagine if the pre-homo sapien primates tried to prevent evolutionary improvements. We wouldn't be alive today.
    Yeah, and the mention of NK should have made you think.
    If I'm a N. Korean my sole concern is NK. Or do you imagine in some way that'll change because my intellect is so much greater than yours? Because I assure you my creators will endow me with nothing less than obeisance to the current regime...and that likely that I can do a better job to making NK the superpower it was meant to be.

Not that you could understand...(Yes, that's condescension, because I know I am smarter than you...)

But hey, enjoy being a 2nd class citizen. That will be the best you can be. If not...you'll make slave stock.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, and the mention of NK should have made you think.
    If I'm a N. Korean my sole concern is NK. Or do you imagine in some way that'll change because my intellect is so much greater than yours? Because I assure you my creators will endow me with nothing less than obeisance to the current regime...and that likely that I can do a better job to making NK the superpower it was meant to be.

Not that you could understand...(Yes, that's condescension, because I know I am smarter than you...)

But hey, enjoy being a 2nd class citizen. That will be the best you can be. If not...you'll make slave stock.
    Obediance can't be programmed into a superior intellect. Increased intellect and increased agency/free will go hand-in-hand.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The great part is, you can alter you DNA while you are alive too with the same process. This is how they have discovered how to reverse age and regenerate organs like eyes in mice already and human trials on age reduction are only a few years away
    I need it yesterday. Not for me, but for my dad. I'm happy to wait ten or twenty years myself.

id wager these kids basically being fawned over 24/7 and having access to the best education available has more to do with them doing better than being crispy

Quote Originally Posted by Laserknees View Post
    id wager these kids basically being fawned over 24/7 and having access to the best education available has more to do with them doing better than being crispy
    What education... they're infants? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    What education... they're infants? Lol.
    they are going to have amazing education and tons of attention

10+ Year Old Account
    mmmm....

Crispy Babies.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Do you want to get cancer or some deadly disease?
    The chance that I get cancer is extremely high since almost all men in my family has had cancer. Still dont give a shit. Less people = good, whether I join that statistics or not makes no difference.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Laserknees View Post
    they are going to have amazing education and tons of attention
    please sir give me the lottery numbers since you can see the future please sir

Since there is two of them they should raise one with an average education and lifestyle and one,with an enhanced education and lifestyle to see how that effects them as they mature.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    please sir give me the lottery numbers since you can see the future please sir
    Considering that there's some convincing arguments and potential evidence pointing to this having been done intentionally by the Chinese government and the outrage being a smokescreen to hide that fact? I think there's a good chance they'll be getting very good education, yes.

Wake me when they also managed to give them reality altering superpowers..

Btw, is that even confirmed? I'm pretty sure I read in other sources that all they are sure of is that their brains also got altered, if the effect is at all positive is uncertain.