Poll: How much do you spend on games/lootboxes/Subs/item pr year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    $50-100
    I usually pirate most games I want to play. I only bought Ace Combat 7 in 2018.

around 200-300$ a year, sometimes less, rarely more

200-300 euro I guess, honestly I don't pay much attention to how much I spend unless its getting close to being in the red.

I'm def in the 100-200 category when I don't count WoW gametime (and expac releases).

I rarely buy games for their full price, but usually get them if they're on sale.

voted 50-100 because if i buy an AAA game it's 60. i don't even pay wow sub woth money, and i have a backlog in steam so big i think ill be fine for years XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I've spent around $120 on the zen store in Neverwinter. Only time i've ever invested in microtransactions. I feel it was worth it because the game is free and so far has provided me with 4 months of great mmo gameplay on console.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get maybe 5-6 new games a year, not because I am busy or to save money, but because I am usually only interested in a few games. I usually try to get them for discounts if possible, so they usually only cost like $45-$50 instead of $60.

I occasionally return to WoW or ESO and sub for a month or two at a time, so maybe five-six months a year worth of subs (not overlapping).

Depending on what goes on sale throughout the year, I usually buy heavily discounted games that I am marginally interested in... I bought Shadows of War definitive edition the other day for like $12, stuff like that; so maybe like $100 a year on those kinds of purchases.

And maybe $50 or less combined across all games on microtransactions a year... Like I will drop $5 on some Riot Points to get a skin on League of Legends and shit like that, I don't buy loot boxes.

So all of that together, maybe $500-$600 a year.

If you count PC hardware upgrades and such as gaming expenses, it goes up significantly... I upgrade/add to my PC at least once a year usually. In 2018 I got a new GPU, in 2017 I got a couple one terabyte SSDs, in 2016 I replaced my CPU/motherboard/RAM, etc... Each one of those was hundreds of dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far this year I've spent like 100 dollars on games. Cheaper than usual since the only game that came out this year that has interested me so far was KH3 and my girlfriend got that for me for Christmas. She also paid off half of Sekiro for Valentines, and that's the only game I'm really interested in that's coming out for a while. After that I'm mainly only interested in ESO: Elsweyr, FF14: Shadowbringers, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, although I may pick up FF12 when it comes to Switch. Most of the games I'm excited for this year haven't had release dates announced yet, so I've been doing an MMO tour where I'm trying out FF14, Guild Wars 2, ESO, and getting back into SWTOR.

All in all, I'd wager I'll spend like... 400ish this year. I'm keeping my WoW sub going until at least the summer when I start a new summer job that'll take up most of my time. I'll also be subbing to FF14 for at least a month after my free month ends and then again when Shadowbringers comes out. If I enjoy GW2 I'll buy the living seasons which will be 30, and I'll likely be buying at least one month of sub to ESO and SWTOR. I don't buy microtransactions though. Like ever.

Not entirely sure and can't be bothered checking. If I'd have to guess it would be around the €100 mark. I voted the higher option of the two.

Blizzard games I buy with gold and I rarely buy games at launch. It's fairly rare that I'll buy (non-cosmetic) DLC and I'd have to have 100s of hours into a game before I do. From the top of my head the only games where I bought DLC for are Morrowind, AoE2, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Fallout 4, Cities Skylines, Dying Light and some Total War games (Medieval 2 and Rome 1).

I'd say around 400-500 gbp

I buy around 4/5 premium titles a year, which is usually the editions with season passes etc. I drop money on skins/boxes when bored, and I've had a wow sub ticking over for ages (although cancelled literally this week), along with humble bundle, ea premier etc..

I may have undershot.

wow sub yearly/humble/ea premier is around 500 just for those. add in the other games which are around 70ish each.. and I'm closer to a grand a year.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

about 200 euro i guess..

my wife and i both play WOW (mainly pay with gold), and the Farcry 5 game when it launched last year, and bought the New dawn farcry expansion on release day couple weeks ago.
    Signature made by

400-500€ on Fifa
    400-500€ on Hearthstone
    300€ on Anthem and Apex atm
    200-300€ for WoW each year
    1000-1500€ on Steam each year
    500-600€ on loot boxes overall each year

Wow subscription + ~40€ for steam games that are on sale.

Only exception to this is new games that I want immediately. These dont happen every year so average is hard to say.