Texas: Robber sets customer on fire

Article (Fox News)
    Authorities in Texas on Thursday said they arrested a suspect wanted for a violent robbery earlier that included duct-taping a convenience store clerk and customer and then pouring lighter fluid on the customer and setting her on fire.

The suspect, identified by police as 40-year-old Robert Thompson, entered the convenience store with a handgun around 9:30 a.m., Chief Andy Harvey said. Surveillance footage shows the suspect asking the store clerk for something behind the counter then pushing her into a corner at gunpoint and duct-taping her, police said.

The suspect then walked to the front door where he pulled a customer into the store and duct-taped her near the store clerk, police said. A police official said the suspect doused both women with lighter fluid, then lit a match and set the customer on fire. The suspect then made off with a few hundred dollars, police said.

Not much in the news about this since it doesn't fit the lefts narrative and some news sources claim that the robber "attempted or tried to set the clerk on fire" which makes it sound as if he failed. Anyway a picture or in this case video is worth more than a thousand words (kinda NSFW)
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-02-23 at 02:58 AM.

Jeebus, some people just dont deserve to live. Hope they find this guy and just end him.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to be pretty nasty to turn this incident into a political pissing contest. It's on the news.There not much to say except the thief is a sick fuck.

Thankfully the customer is alive with non-life-threatening injuries and the suspect is behind bars.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You have to be pretty nasty to turn this incident into a political pissing contest. It's on the news.There not much to say except the thief is a sick fuck.

Thankfully the customer is alive with non-life-threatening injuries and the suspect is behind bars.
    Part of me agrees with you but then again when you have video proof of a guy pouring lighter fluid onto a duct-taped person/setting said person on fire/watching that person burn and the media reports it as "attempt or tried to set person on fire" that makes it an issue. (Political or not it is deceit)

Last edited by Alkhan; 2019-02-23 at 03:08 AM.

Reminds me of the guy that drove over a mom and her 6 kids..then backed up and hit them again.
    https://www.wtnh.com/news/new-york-m...ice/1800549476

People like that really don't deserve to live...
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2019-02-23 at 03:08 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Reminds me of the guy that drove over a mom and her 6 kids..then backed up and hit them again.
    https://www.wtnh.com/news/new-york-m...ice/1800549476

People like that really don't deserve to live...
    I live here and didnt' hear about this.

Clearly, this is conservatives hiding it!!!

Seriously OP fucked up shit happens all the time. You don't hear about everything.

Why do you call him a thief when he committed a far more serious crime than just thievery?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Why do you call him a thief when he committed a far more serious crime than just thievery?
    Well the initial crime that set this off was thievery. Attempted homicide is an aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Seriously OP fucked up shit happens all the time. You don't hear about everything.
    I heard about the maga hat kid smiling at the stolen valor Native American nonstop for days. Couldn't escape that even if you wanted to.

Thief and double attempted murder, hopefully he only leaves prison in a bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    I heard about the maga hat kid smiling at the stolen valor Native American nonstop for days. Couldn't escape that even if you wanted to.
    I mean, that was literally a political issue because the crowd were all wearing the president's hats.

This is just some insane guy getting away with doing an insane thing. Politics is nowhere to be seen in this story whatsoever. He could be left, he could be right, we don't know because it doesn't matter. I'm sick of people trying to make every negative thing in this country a political statement just because it's a sensitive topic right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibgarde View Post
    I mean, that was literally a political issue because the crowd were all wearing the president's hats.

This is just some insane guy getting away with doing an insane thing. Politics is nowhere to be seen in this story whatsoever. He could be left, he could be right, we don't know because it doesn't matter. I'm sick of people trying to make every negative thing in this country a political statement just because it's a sensitive topic right now.
    Like I said before it becomes an issue when the media tries to deceive the public by making the headline sound as if he attempted but failed to set the customer on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

It wasnt mentioned in NY? You would figure this shit would be on tv or the paper.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    I saw it twice. Once on twitter, once on mmoc.