Half Will Quite Classic Before 30? 50?

The 'inconveniences' of Classic kick in full throttle past 30 and hits a special place as players approach 50. Recall 5 man runs with random players, and at mid to high level range how CC matters. Recall -for example- ZF (Zul'Farrak) an instance many, if not all, will want to run for Carrot on a Stick Trinket as well as great upgrades for that level range. Also, recall how last boss need Mallet of ZF to summon the boss. Now recall getting that Mallet

ZF is just one example, chain wiping in 5 man due to clueless players who then leave mid run is another.

That is why I predict half the players who never played classic will quite before 50 and the other half never make it into end game content -let alone see 60.

Do you still need a key to open the door to UBRS?

If they get to 40 and saved enough gold to get their mount, they will make it to 60.
    1-20 is pretty easy and straightforward, 20-30 is the start of the slowdown on everything from leveling, to travelling and professions, but the 30-40 grind is where you will start to lose those who were only there to try it out.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad we got so many oracles in the gaming world that can predict the future for everyone else.

Quite remarkable thread, oui ofcourse?

Those things is what makes Classic great

Retail babys won't make it past first ten levels. Rest should be players that know and want out of the retail garbage.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, why didn't anyone tell us sooner? Hundreds of times over the last year and a half? We're doomed!
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

That is why I predict half the players who never played classic will quite before 50 and the other half never make it into end game content -let alone see 60.
    I disagree. I think more people will quit BfA to play Classic than those that quit Classic period. Once people understand that levleing and running low level dungeons is more fun than anything BfA has to offer... it's over for BfA.

You thing people will easily admit they are weak?

You better hope half doesn't quit....

Blizzard does need this to be worth it for them to keep it (and to add more classic stuff later). If the vast majority leaves that paints it in a bad light.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quite. For certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The 'inconveniences' of Classic kick in full throttle past 30 and hits a special place as players approach 50. Recall 5 man runs with random players, and at mid to high level range how CC matters. Recall -for example- ZF (Zul'Farrak) an instance many, if not all, will want to run for Carrot on a Stick Trinket as well as great upgrades for that level range. Also, recall how last boss need Mallet of ZF to summon the boss. Now recall getting that Mallet

ZF is just one example, chain wiping in 5 man due to clueless players who then leave mid run is another.

Your prediction is trash, you want it to fail because you don't like it. Asmongold had more viewers watching classic deadmines than sco got during ghuun wf.

You and your never trump boyfriend go have a soy latte and the rest of us will enjoy classic without you.

Infracted: Insult politics is not tolerated in this forum. {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-17 at 06:43 PM.

All I see here is fickle speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the number of fallers off is overestimated, but yes, there will be quite a lot. I do believe these people will eventually come back however. Then on the next push they might hit cap, then they might quit again, and come back later to keep going. Your progress is always going to be there, and this game will stick around for a long while. People are out of theirs minds with hype for classic, hype to which retail has not seen since maybe early Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Retail babys won't make it past first ten levels. Rest should be players that know and want out of the retail garbage.
    "Retail babies" lol. I rather be a retail baby than a pserver turd who's stuck in 2006 and still backpedals and don't use any keybind.

Most of these Classic beta streamers that come from pservers are horribly bad. Will be so much fun stomping on them in open world PvP.

So by your math, absolutely nobody will ever step foot in a raid or even hit 60. Seems incredibly logical. Your powers of deduction are incredible.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why you seemingly want people to quit?

If they make it that far they probably enjoy it. Sorry, but leveling is sort of a slog, and anybody who makes it to the the 30s or 50s has probably found some sort of charm with the game. I've known people who I thought would dislike it, but actually found it refreshing. They still like the live version of the game, but you have to understand, if you haven't played an expansion (this applies to any expansion) it feels entirely new.

I'm not really a fan of leveling in any expansion, but I'd be the first to admit that Vanilla leveling is unique, and since the Cataclysm revamp, you can't even experience what it was like before. Like or hate it, leveling is actually a major part of Vanilla, and is something that will take people a 1-4 weeks depending on how you approach it (maybe a bit longer). That on it's own is akin is it's own section of the game.

People that make it that far probably now how the game operates, I mean, people talk about it all the time. If you're doing dungeon content in the 30-50s, and have done dungeon content earlier.. it stands to reason that you approach it sort of like you approach leveling. You don't try to pull too much shit and you're cautious of patrolling mobs. Why? Because if you aren't while leveling, you generally die.

The group of people that are more than likely to quit are half the veterans who have played the game before and decide they don't want to do it again. New players, if they make it that far, probably will stick with it awhile because it's actually a new game to them. Leveling and doing dungeons when it was relevant content is way better than blitzing through it in later iterations of a game, or when it's been completely revamped. Doing classic content on the live version of the game is like turning on cheat codes.

this gets a bit overblown, everyone knows what they are getting into with classic these days and has heard about how hard it is. and with streaming people can see the struggle and time needed to hit 30 even for experienced players, so i think most people will make an informed decision to either start or not and quitting due to difficulty won't be much of a thing.

just a guess of course, but i don't think it's fair to think of your average player as being some moron who can't comprehend what they are seeing on stream. i assume numbers will be lower than what they could be, mostly due to people seeing the streams and saying "yea i don't have time for that shit" and not even getting into it. so quitting mid-leveling, not so much, quitting before even starting, yea.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just fodder for argument instead of any constructive discussion. People will leave, people will stay.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."