Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Before adding new classes they need to mechanically balance current ones. First of all, Legion brought 2 more melee dps spec. Which was a good diea for survival, but it needed to be a blanket change as well. Rogue need a spec changed to range for example. Anything for PVE is far too punishing on melee to fit the amount of melee specs we have in the game into a group, especially for any classes whose only option for dps is melee. if you're not obscenely overpowered, or have amazing utility, you're screwed.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I feel like someone who is a champion of all Dragonflights is too powerful and uninteresting. I wanted to avoid creating a Avatar (from Airbender) class, who is an appointed champion of the world. I twist that idea so that this is more of a Avengers type of character, a Vigilante who has noble intentions, more like Batman than Superman.
    I understand. Maybe you are right.

    Ideally these guys get introduced in the expansion where we fight Old Gods/Void Lords, so we need to find someone who is resistant to corruption. We see Dragons get corrupted all the time by Nightmare or Infinity flight or Madness. That is the reason why Wrathion and the Dragonsworn steal powers from the Dragons rather than become gifted by them; The power they have is 'Borrowed' and can not be corrupted like Medivh. In my vision, the Stones contain the souls of Dragons who wish to be redeemed and 'Gift' their power to the Dragonsworn.
    I like this idea.
    If the Dragonsworn shows signs of an unpure heart, the gift would be taken away. It's the same underlying reason Frodo was tasked with bearing the Ring rather than Gandalf or Galadriel. This is like Captain America being gifted the Super Serum; the key is a strong heart that resists corruption. I think it would not be as interesting if it was just the Aspects appointing someone 'of a strong heart' like usual. Having Dragon Aspects not approve of the Dragonsworn gives them depth and conflict moving forward.
    However, I think that this "pure heart" goes too far to paladin and makes some problems with genocide missions. I think that someone with "pure heart" wouldn't like to take a part in it, even if it would help his people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Yeah this is a good idea, need more melee in the game imo. Far too many ranged classes already and not enough demand for them in raid.
    They never added a new caster class, so I would like one.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    However, I think that this "pure heart" goes too far to paladin and makes some problems with genocide missions. I think that someone with "pure heart" wouldn't like to take a part in it, even if it would help his people.
    I think you're right. Pure heart might be the wrong word to use.

    There's a scene from the terrible Green Lantern movie that stuck with me.

    "The ring didn't see that you were fearless. It saw that you have the ability to overcome fear. It saw that you're courageous"

    That's the sort of vibe I imagine for the Dragonsworn. They aren't exactly pure of heart, but they are strong willed. The Dragon souls grant their powers not because the Dragonsworn are immune to the dark, but because they can overcome inner darkness.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think you're right. Pure heart might be the wrong word to use.

    There's a scene from the terrible Green Lantern movie that stuck with me.

    "The ring didn't see that you were fearless. It saw that you have the ability to overcome fear. It saw that you're courageous"

    That's the sort of vibe I imagine for the Dragonsworn. They aren't exactly pure of heart, but they are strong willed. The Dragon souls grant their powers not because the Dragonsworn are immune to the dark, but because they can overcome inner darkness.
    Sounds a bit better. If we would like an explanation for that, dragonsworn can have backstory of being "heroes", like we have with death knights.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread

  5. #45
    The Patient Felmourn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wyrmrest Accord-US/ Deathwing-US
    Posts
    322

    Horde

    First and foremost - There area already Dragonsworn in the world of warcraft.

    Here we go.

    After creating your character - "Traditionally, the most well known Dragonsworn are druids in service of Ysera", seeing the success in protecting the green dragon flight, most flights have opened their ranks to mortals to join. You have been invited to the Dragon Isles to prove your worth and gain loyalty among the flights. Will you be able to gain the trust of the aspects and wield the power of dragons, or fail to impress them and meet your doom?

    Log In - I think someone has already created a great way to get through the Dragon Isles.

    Back to being on topic about class specs!

    Dragonsworn will have 4 unique specs!
    Thinking about these I believed they were different from what we have in game.

    Bronze: Tank - Time is of the essence - entrusted with your hourglass of timeless sand, use against your enemy to prevent or mitigate damage.

    Red: Healer - Only from fire can new life emerge - Using a small vial of ember and red dragon's blood scortch wound from your allies and heal them with dragon magic.

    Green: Melee or Ranged DPS(haven't decided yet; ideas?) - Dreams can be reality, terrifying or joyus - You're empowered with a pouch of the emerald dream to put your victims in a sleep paralysis making their nightmares come true.

    Nether: Spellblade(Melee magic) - I don't have a cool saying - Netherwing has joined the Aspects on the Isle of Dragons. You're empowered by a Netherwing Crystal to fight your enemy with magic and melee.


    I decided to leave out Blue and Black - Blue is what I would imagine just a more powerful mage. Black is what I imagine pretty much a prot warrior.

    Races -

    Horde and Alliance: The dragon flights are crafty can turn to any humanoid form that suits them for any situation they see fit.

    Cool customization after being successful to prove your worth to the dragonflight.
    aspect eye glowing color, Dragon horns in humanoid form, Welp form(cmon, we're not full on dragons guys)
    Last edited by Felmourn; 2019-02-26 at 10:59 PM.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

  6. #46
    None. The Dragonsworn would have been a cool class for Cata, but alas, they didn't implement them, so to be frank, I don't see this as an option.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think you're right. Pure heart might be the wrong word to use.

    There's a scene from the terrible Green Lantern movie that stuck with me.

    "The ring didn't see that you were fearless. It saw that you have the ability to overcome fear. It saw that you're courageous"
    FYI: Fearless people die early because fear is also what keeps you from doing things like reach into fire or walk across a busy street during rush hour.

    Similarly, a "purehearted" person would be functionally incapable of concieving of something like "necessary evil" and completely lock up in the tram problem. They'd actually be largely useless in the Hero business.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    FYI: Fearless people die early because fear is also what keeps you from doing things like reach into fire or walk across a busy street during rush hour.

    Similarly, a "purehearted" person would be functionally incapable of concieving of something like "necessary evil" and completely lock up in the tram problem. They'd actually be largely useless in the Hero business.
    Hmm, I'm not sure I agree.

    Fearlessness should not be equated to recklessness. While it may be true that fear prevents you from doing reckless things, fearlessness is about bravery and being able to act in the presence of (otherwise debilitating) fear. What may seem to be reckless may have a bigger purpose. The best example is the Norse god Tyr, who sacrifices his hand in order to capture Fenris. What seems like a reckless action is actually a sacrifice for the greater good, and fearlessness is a trait commonly attributed to the Paladin class.

    Purehearted is a bit trickier. I don't think it should be equated to naivete or innocence so easily. Uther in RoC is a strong example of a Purehearted character. He resisted Arthas' plan for 'necessary evil'. He knows the people are doomed but still wants to find another way. I don't think this is a useless trait in the Hero business considering in the end, it's Uther's shining example that inspired all who rise up against the Lich King. Being Purehearted doensn't mean they are passive, as Uther was actively fighting both the Orcs and the Scourge. I don't think necessary evils are a requirement for Heroes.

    All that said, these are not traits that I want attributed to my vision of the Dragonsworn. I don't think they would be fearless or purehearted.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure I agree.
    Don't get me wrong. This is an actual issue with people born without a working fear response. What you call "fearless" is actually what overcoming fear looks like.

    I don't mean the "purehearted" is naive. They'd be mentally incapable of conceiving of the idea.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Don't get me wrong. This is an actual issue with people born without a working fear response. What you call "fearless" is actually what overcoming fear looks like.
    Yeah but what you're referring to is a disorder. That itself is different than the common application of the word (as opposed to the literal, technical definition), which is to describe the appearance of having no fear. The common usage is synonymous with bravery (moral strength to face fear). The disorder that you are talking about wouldn't show bravery any more than they react to fear; they would generally react indifferently. It's kinda like the difference between Antisocial and Asocial.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-02-27 at 10:13 PM.

  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    None. The Dragonsworn would have been a cool class for Cata, but alas, they didn't implement them, so to be frank, I don't see this as an option.
    They would make sense if Blizzard decides to release the dragons isles as a new continent for a new expansion.

  12. #52
    A Jack-of-all-trades class could be interesting, although I would prefer the Bard for this job, a Dragonsworn might even fit better the lore of WoW.
    However, I am torn between the classic "Dragon-Knight" gameplay and something that would be more focused on different flights present in WoW.
    I do understand your argument, but it is wrong.™

  13. #53
    Over 9000! Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    9,818
    I would like to have the different spec, represent a different Dragonflight, with some spec having the chance to pick between 1 dragonflight or the other.

    Healing Spec - Red or Green (change color of spells depending choice)
    Tank spec - Black or Yellow
    Dps spc - Blue or Black

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •