Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Could it be? - Vulpera Allied Race, Blizzard's jab at Chua (WILDSTAR)

I know Vulpera are not confirmed in any way as an Allied Race and this is all speculatory, I think it's worth discussing.

No matter what your stance on Vulpera, love em or hate em, if they were to become an official race in the roster of playable races I do think that it would partly be a jab at the Chua from WILDSTAR and at the former Blizzard employees who made WILDSTAR. I mean, it's not unusual for Blizz to poke, jab and even razz competition, especially since references are a notable part of this game's "fun factor".

Let's compare.

Fur-covered? Check
    Big expressive eyes? Check
    Tails? Check
    Jury-rigging mechanics? Check
    Small stature? Check
    Snarky, somewhat off-kilter personalities? Check

I dunno, what do you think? Is / Could Blizz be taking a jab at the Chua with the Vulpera?

how much of a jab is it when the Chua had a better character model than the vulpera currently do?

personal preference of course

Chua weren't all that snarky, they were fucking insane and wanted to blow up everying and were more like if Goblins from Wow fucked a rabbit, Vulpera is just furry bait

Before it shut down Wildstar took a jab at Overwatch on Twitter for Hammond, who was way more similar to a Chua than the Vulpera is.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

TIL Wildstar owns the idea of anthromorphic small animals.

The Chua were also fat and genderless, so even less similar to the Vulpera
    Would be a depressing jab though, because even post Matrix Wildstars design and endgame loop was infinitely better than BFAs.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Chua were more Furry Goblins than anything.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Which is a bit funny since Vulpera are literally furry goblins modelwise, being based on the goblin skeleton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    I know Vulpera are not confirmed in any way as an Allied Race and this is all speculatory, I think it's worth discussing.

No matter what your stance on Vulpera, love em or hate em, if they were to become an official race in the roster of playable races I do think that it would partly be a jab at the Chua from WILDSTAR and at the former Blizzard employees who made WILDSTAR. I mean, it's not unusual for Blizz to poke, jab and even razz competition, especially since references are a notable part of this game's "fun factor".

Let's compare.

Fur-covered? Check
    Tails? Check
    Small stature? Check

I dunno, what do you think? Is / Could Blizz be taking a jab at the Chua with the Vulpera?
    Honestly, the Chua was shit in my opinion. The Vulpera looks more appealing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Furry Gremlins.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Jab at a currently dead game: No.

Also Chua felt more like they were ferret like rather then fox like.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    Jab at a currently dead game: No.

Also Chua felt more like they were ferret like rather then fox like.
    I got Gerbil/Hamster. Since their mount was a running ball joke.

And chua felt like the crazy destructive gadgets of the Goblins, fused with the Gnomes obsession for creation.
    With a bit of Gremlins personality.

Let's compare.

Fur-covered? Check
    Tails? Check
    Small stature? Check

that would be some serious punching down, considering wildstar isnt even a thing anymore.
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2019-02-24 at 12:50 AM.

And here I thought they would be playable because Blizzard devs themselves are into furry playable races as much as a portion of the player base, and because of how popular Bradley Cooper's Rocket Raccoon character is in Guardians of the Galaxy as a wise-cracking, gun-totting junker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    And here I thought they would be playable because Blizzard devs themselves are into furry playable races as much as a portion of the player base, and because of how popular Bradley Cooper's Rocket Raccoon character is in Guardians of the Galaxy as a wise-cracking, gun-totting junker.
    Excellent point if Tinker is added and not restricted to Gnomes /Goblins. I’d play a Vulpera Tinker.

I don't see it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

I don't see it at all.
    I loved those little bastards. Makes me wonder if the timing was better if Wldstar would have had a much better success (like releasing around now or WoD).

I mean, they still had NCSoft, which butchered everything.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Let's compare.

Fur-covered? Check
    Tails? Check
    Small stature? Check

I seriously doubt that that Activisions meetings on the future of WoW discuss Wildstar at all outside of the "Shit we shouldn't be doing" section

It would sort of be a wasted effort to jab at Wildstar at this point, don't you think?

Anyway, it's not like Blizzard is doing anything groundbreaking here. I mean, they already have gnomes and goblins. Both small beings with weird personalities. GW2 has Asura. Wildstar had chua and Aurin(who were actally quite small compared to humans. Final Fantasy 11 and 14 have the Tarutaru and Lalafel. TERA have elin(yes they're weird) and popori. Warhammer Online also had goblins. EQ2 had ratonga. Etc, etc, etc, ad nausem

Tiny people getting ahead by being quirky and clever is a trope. It doesn't mean anything special that WoW is adding ANOTHER version.

Wildstar invented furry animals
    Epic /10iq
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

I haven't played BFA but I'm guessing Vulpera cannot have pink fur, therefore they are 50000% inferior to Chua. I miss my pink death hamster.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

My Chua Engineer was fucking Awesome in WildStar I'll have you know.

WTB Tinker class!