Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How do you view someone that spends all of their time tormenting others?

Personally, I think there are better, healthier ways to spend your time, but I've had people tell me they thought that it's acceptable as long as there's a good reason for it. Thoughts?

That's pretty vague, what do you mean by tormenting and do you have any examples?

Well it sounds like those people are trying too hard to emulate Heath Ledger's Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusp View Post
    Personally, I think there are better, healthier ways to spend your time, but I've had people tell me they thought that it's acceptable as long as there's a good reason for it. Thoughts?
    Who are they tormenting? Do they deserve it?
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    What exactly is a good reason for tormenting others? Barring extenuating circumstances like tormenting someone that's an asshole who does all sorts of bad shit they can get away with legally, if only barely just.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poorly.

/10stupidquestions
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please provide context and some kind of starting point. I am not aware of your age but if it's anything beyond 10 years, you probably know the answer to your particular question.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Assuming the people that you are referring to are wannabe Internet trolls. Yeah, they are a bunch of fucking basement dwelling losers.

If you can troll and make people laugh without anyone getting hurt, you are a winner.

Well tormenting others just reflects how damaged the individual is in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshouttajail View Post
    That's pretty vague, what do you mean by tormenting and do you have any examples?
    I didn't want to give examples because I didn't want to lead your opinions. I was basically expecting answers like "Well, generally it goes like this, except for when it's like this, then this is true" or "This one time me and my pappy were down by the lake with our shotguns shooting fish, and.. blah blah blah, so I believe it is/isn't universally okay".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Well it sounds like those people are trying too hard to emulate Heath Ledger's Joker.
    In their defense, he is pretty noteworthy.
    (I'm just kidding no one is trying to be like the Joker.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Who are they tormenting? Do they deserve it?
    This isn't actually based on any real situation, or any specific scenario, it was just a hypothetical I was wondering about and looking for other perspectives on.

Plenty of torture devices throughout history...and I would condemn everyone using such things to a death penalty.

Or is this not exactly the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    What exactly is a good reason for tormenting others? Barring extenuating circumstances like tormenting someone that's an asshole who does all sorts of bad shit they can get away with legally, if only barely just.
    That's what I was wondering, too. I honestly feel like there is no good reason, but that doesn't seem to stop it from happening to people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Poorly.

/10stupidquestions
    Not a stupid question just because you have a simple answer. You might think of more circumstances later on that might contradict your perception and make you rethink your stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well tormenting others just reflects how damaged the individual is in the first place.
    I don't think this is true in the slightest. This is something we tell young children as a defense mechanism to help them cope.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just ask Hubcap what he thinks of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Please provide context and some kind of starting point. I am not aware of your age but if it's anything beyond 10 years, you probably know the answer to your particular question.
    I have my own opinion to my question, so you're right, in a way. My question is a general "if", not about any real or specific scenario, and I'm more curious to see what others believe to see how it compares to my own opinion.

I know it might be hard to answer off of little information, but different people might have different perspectives on the same topic. What one person might not think of, another might. So I'm just looking to see if this is universally a simple answer, and we can all agree on it, or if it varies wildly, depending.

To clarify I feel there is no good reason. But I've had other people disagree. I'm looking for more responses to see if this is common.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Assuming the people that you are referring to are wannabe Internet trolls. Yeah, they are a bunch of fucking basement dwelling losers.

If you can troll and make people laugh without anyone getting hurt, you are a winner.

-snip-
    I wasn't referring to anyone as I wouldn't be that rude. No offense.

If an individual is seriously harassing other people constantly, then they should be charged and accordingly incarcerated or treated. If someone is merely being rude, I'll ignore them and offer my sympathies to whomever they're being rude to. I'm not sure if torment is being used literally or for hyperbole.

I view them as the President of the United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a worthless piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    If an individual is seriously harassing other people constantly, then they should be charged and accordingly incarcerated or treated. If someone is merely being rude, I'll ignore them and offer my sympathies to whomever they're being rude to. I'm not sure if torment is being used literally or for hyperbole.
    Seems reasonable, but what do you consider 'harassment'?

Well, literally I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hold a very low opinion of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.