Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anelya View Post
    Yea, I never meant for it to be reworked to satisfy any time constraints. I just pointed out that I still like it but perhaps the reason why I'm not bored of it yet is due to time constaints. Sure, rogues aren't exactly the same fun as it has been through the history of WoW but I still like it.

Although I do miss Sub during Black Temple
    I'm right there with you, It's not as fun as rogue has been in the past but I still like my rogue more than any other class I've played. Every time I try to reroll a different class I see a rogue looking awesome and I begin to miss mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    I'm right there with you, It's not as fun as rogue has been in the past but I still like my rogue more than any other class I've played. Every time I try to reroll a different class I see a rogue looking awesome and I begin to miss mine.
    This is not good enough. Let's not settle for "less fun than it used to be but still not as bad as some other classes."
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    This is not good enough. Let's not settle for "less fun than it used to be but still not as bad as some other classes."
    It's not good enough, I'd love to have my class fantasy back. I really detest the spec fantasy we've had since legion. But Blizzard doesn't like to admit mistakes and change systems back to how they were

In my opinion, this goddamn roll the bones abomination needs to go. Don't get me wrong, it's miles away better than what it was in Legion and the dps variance isn't half as bad but still feels like terrible game play where you rely on something you can't control (to the extend of course, rerolling bones is a thing I know). That being said, I don't like an idea of having SnD only as well, because RtB is giving some niche to class. So I would love to have a come back of that passive which was giving us a buff depending on the amount of sinister strikes we did (I really forgot what it was called), this gave you some min maxing to think about, to nail that red buff and destroy stuff.

Basically I would love to see MoP Combat rogue back even if it would be called Outlaw

I still like my assassination rogue /shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

rogue is the king of all damage done in the mythic+ dungeons that I do. I am that rogue. I do 1 dugeon per week usually sometimes I don't. I do either a atal dazar or freeholds or undarotings at level of 9 to 11. this makes me a item level 407 outlaw or 405 assassin or 405 sublety rogue. sub rogue makes me cry and has gone from favorite 1st place to total shitbag since TBA day 1. assassin is fun for pvp arenas and like 1 raid fight but not battlegrounds and outlaw is the hero everyone didn't want it to be.
    using 30% crit (1409 rating), 21% haste (1457 rating) and absolutely NO mastery or versatility on my gear and 3 Deadshot traits I am 35%-70% of my groups damage with a very average 25 to 29k dps overall. Most players have not gotten better since the last expansion and playing a rogue has very little difference. I use 3 relinquished azurite armor tokens that came out out item level 420 with my neck armor being level 48 soon (47 current) I and Donkles-Nathrezim. I don't know how to sim or find wartcraft logging chart. Can somone argue if crit and haste are really the only two useful stats? You could say that the three random azurite armors I landed make the rogue king for me. I think I DID GET LUCKY here. Also, the titanforged world quest trinket I found may be better than a level400 Dead Eye Spyglass because it is the First Mate's.

To cancel sub the reason would be when i run out of things to do. So not anytime soon.

For rogues, i've played combat/outlaw for 15 years as main, only thing that would change that possibly is if Roll the Bones becomes the only choice for it.

Right now Slice and Dice has been my choice for all the years and i couldn't be happier with it. For me it is the best time to play outlaw right now, no more Bandit's Guile, Ghostly Strike or any other tacked on nonsense that has been over the years. Only thing that would make it better would be full old Restless Blades for maximum Adrenaline Rush uptime. It is pretty much the perfect 5 button rotation spec, with 1 button spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Anelya View Post
    Yea, I never meant for it to be reworked to satisfy any time constraints. I just pointed out that I still like it but perhaps the reason why I'm not bored of it yet is due to time constaints. Sure, rogues aren't exactly the same fun as it has been through the history of WoW but I still like it.

Although I do miss Sub during Black Temple
    Why did they get rid of hemo? I know it doesn’t fit with shadow sub but it could have worked with sin or outlaw

12 euro a month is not even remotely a factor in my budget and I still enjoy the game even if I don't play often. So why cancel?

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Why did they get rid of hemo? I know it doesn’t fit with shadow sub but it could have worked with sin or outlaw
    ShAdOw SuB is cringey hamfisted Fisher-Price weeaboo garbage.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

ShAdOw SuB is cringey hamfisted Fisher-Price weeaboo garbage.
    And sin is 3 buttons your point? What’s with the caps no caps anyway? Is that some twitch crap?

i only play wow because of friends to be honest ... and since i used to be rogue most of the time i stick with that ... i used to Tank in mythic progress for years and have my rogue as alt for the alt raids or when we needed for stacking classes .

dont know just hang with it cause i am used to play rogue since allways .

Dont really like what they did with the rogue but what ever there is allways at least 1 spec that is "ok" to play , and since i stopped progress raiding and only play 1 toon now a days i fell back to my rogue

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really played much simply due to BfA crushing my delight in playing. But I still log in to write for a few guilds and see the new raids. I am Sub its not in a good place right now but I cant stand outlaw, and im just kind of bored with assassin. That being said you have to find your own fun disrupting horde gank teams in Warmode, RP, Exploration. There isnt much to care about story wise atm but there is still a lot to do world wise, not to mention the absolutely absurd amount of Tmog farmers out so you can always get a partner if needed.

And sin is 3 buttons your point? What’s with the caps no caps anyway? Is that some twitch crap?
    That's supposed to show you his amazing discussion skills promoting a clearly superior opinion based on supreme knowledge of all things.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Probably it has something to do with resentment over the fact that Blizzard chose an idiotic new ClassFantasyTM for the character I've loved since 2005 and just dumped it on us.

And no, I don't spend much time on Twitch.

― Douglas Adams

Going back to the OP, I've been subbed with only one period of inactivity (~1y) since late '06. What would cause the sub to lapse again - if I get tired of the game, no longer want to log in, if it starts to feel too much like work (I already have a FT job that brings enough stress). The usual suspects really. It isn't tied to what Blizz decides to do next with the class. Played through them eliminating hybrid builds. Played through various stats coming and going (still miss armor pen). Played through them nuking combat to the ground and resurrecting it as a pirate. Seen every spec have its moment in the sun and the time when all three were resigned to the shadows at the same time.
    I do suppose if they eliminated the class altogether it may make me consider stopping playing but it'll have to be something extreme like that.

Probably it has something to do with resentment over the fact that Blizzard chose an idiotic new ClassFantasyTM for the character I've loved since 2005 and just dumped it on us.

And no, I don't spend much time on Twitch.
    i think you are right over target shoegazinng it could be better for sure.

That's exactly my point by the way,

Assassination is 3 buttons
    Subtlety is a grotesque mockery of the Rogue masterpiece it used to be
    Yahtzee Pirate is... well, 'nuff said

There is an entire generation of passionate Rogue players who are left without a spec to love, a spec to call our own.

I'm mad about it. Others are mad about it too. This decision Blizzard has made was a clear failure of vision from its very inception.

― Douglas Adams

There is an entire generation of passionate Rogue players who are left without a spec to love, a spec to call our own.

I'm mad about it. Others are mad about it too. This decision Blizzard has made was a clear failure of vision from its very inception.
    What would you change? To any of those specs?

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand being mad about it. I usually main my DK but frost is stuck with a stupid talent to be competitive and unholy just isn’t my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    blizzards best customers are rogue players.
    An untrue opinion if i ever saw one ... rogue is still despite being very op in m+ is no where near the most played class so what you base this on i have no clue.

We may not be the most fleshed out class but im still enjoying assas and outlaw .. i will always steer clear of sub though.

I will never understand these threads ... if you don't like the state of the game or class don't play it.. Don't whine about what once was...
    Last edited by Tyrilion; 2019-06-12 at 11:38 AM.