Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Exclamation can you guys post glyph of shadow pictures of yourself please ?

    i have issues i can't play bfa now , but i don't know what shadow priest with ( glyph of shadow ) looks like , all sources i see seems outdated or form that exist in beta only but reworked , do you guys min post pictures of your character back with ( glyph of shadow ) ? thanks



    edit : does this what it actually looks like right now or outdated ? https://i.gyazo.com/bd28bcc187e199c0...02dfd0553f.mp4
    Last edited by omarxz11; 2019-02-25 at 03:25 AM.

  2. #2
    High Overlord Rockford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    193
    I've none for the actual shadow effect it applies, but know it (and Shadowy Friends) still breaks the Voidform visual:

    https://imgur.com/BpcLOIS.jpg
    https://imgur.com/G21d6Pu.jpg
    https://imgur.com/vNgvhBU.jpg

  3. #3
    They are just purple blobs.

  4. #4
    Only thing that happends is the smoke is removed (semi) and you see your character a bit better, but voidform completely destroys that look and makes you look weird.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Vintersol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germoney
    Posts
    2,696
    Give back old shadowform. /endofstory
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Give back old shadowform. /endofstory
    I’m leveling a priest on classic just to revel in original mindflay and shadowform. But it’s the Blizzard way, take things that work well and ruin them, replacing it with something objectively worse and less interesting.

  7. #7
    I like the new shadowform really suits my voidelf

  8. #8
    I would completely remove Shadoform from the game: it makes no sense. Give us 10% buff and get rid of this annoying purple thing and add cosmetic glyph for those with nostalgia. Do Fire Mages need Fireform? Frost mage Frostform? Holy Priest Holyform, Ele Shaman Elementalform etc.? Moonkin makes sense because of a nature of a shapeshifter class.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlol View Post
    I’m leveling a priest on classic just to revel in original mindflay and shadowform. But it’s the Blizzard way, take things that work well and ruin them, replacing it with something objectively worse and less interesting.
    I actually like the new mindlfay much more than the old beam effect. They should just toss an optional glyph in there for the old shader.

  10. #10
    oh god, this looks awful!!!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlol View Post
    I’m leveling a priest on classic just to revel in original mindflay and shadowform. But it’s the Blizzard way, take things that work well and ruin them, replacing it with something objectively worse and less interesting.
    those opinions... how is old shadow form more interesting? what's interesting about it? the flat damage increase, the % of physical damage taken or the fact that you can't cast any other school than shadow in it?

    or maybe having access to merely 3 shadow damage spells is interesting right? or maybe having Mind Blast generate additional threat is interesting? or maybe not being viable is interesting?

    i played a shadow priest during both vanila and tbc and it RUINED my experience, it was a useless leveling spec only existing because Smite did too little damage... and you think that this shit is better than what we have now? a spec with a complex rotation more utility than ever, viable in both raiding,M+,arena and rated bgs?

    well if i hypothetically assumed that you are an idiot that just hates on everything modern and worships all that shit design just because it's vintage would i be far from truth?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    those opinions... how is old shadow form more interesting? what's interesting about it? the flat damage increase, the % of physical damage taken or the fact that you can't cast any other school than shadow in it?

    or maybe having access to merely 3 shadow damage spells is interesting right? or maybe having Mind Blast generate additional threat is interesting? or maybe not being viable is interesting?

    i played a shadow priest during both vanila and tbc and it RUINED my experience, it was a useless leveling spec only existing because Smite did too little damage... and you think that this shit is better than what we have now? a spec with a complex rotation more utility than ever, viable in both raiding,M+,arena and rated bgs?

    well if i hypothetically assumed that you are an idiot that just hates on everything modern and worships all that shit design just because it's vintage would i be far from truth?
    Way to flip out over a complete misinterpretation of the thread. This thread is about the appearance of shadowform and mindflay edgelord. Not the functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    those opinions... how is old shadow form more interesting? what's interesting about it? the flat damage increase, the % of physical damage taken or the fact that you can't cast any other school than shadow in it?

    or maybe having access to merely 3 shadow damage spells is interesting right? or maybe having Mind Blast generate additional threat is interesting? or maybe not being viable is interesting?

    i played a shadow priest during both vanila and tbc and it RUINED my experience, it was a useless leveling spec only existing because Smite did too little damage... and you think that this shit is better than what we have now? a spec with a complex rotation more utility than ever, viable in both raiding,M+,arena and rated bgs?

    well if i hypothetically assumed that you are an idiot that just hates on everything modern and worships all that shit design just because it's vintage would i be far from truth?
    Calm your horses, this is about the look of Shadowform, so it is easy to assume he is talking about how the original Mindflay and Shadowform looked, not how the class was designed.

    And as you said, it's opinions, no way to "assume he is an idiot", because he doesn't share yours. Many prefer the playstyle of Classic over Retail, no need to be an ass over it, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

  14. #14
    I'm actually curious why it's still in the game tbh. It's a flat damage increase to bring you up to par with the other classes. So it's kind of a... stance? Which is necessary but doesn't add anything anymore like damage reduction. Oh and hiding your transmogs behind a bad special effect.

    Strikes me it'd be easier just to turn it into a minor glyph for those priests who want the effect and otherwise killing it.

  15. #15
    Shadow form is the entire reason i created my priest so long ago, i cannot really comprehend someone making a shadow priest and not wanting shadowform, to me it's akin to asking for your warrior to wear leather because you hate plate armor. I hated the changes they made in legion but i've come to really like the latest version of it even though its nothing like the original anymore.

    Only change it needs is glyph of shadowy friends to be baseline again and the toggle to actually be persistent through death, i am just really sick of having to turn it back on every so often after resurrecting in bgs and stuff after all these years, once i activate it i want it to stay on at all times unless i manually turn it off or if they actually give us back flash heal in 9.0 and keep the no holy spells negative which we could all live without in modern wow.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Give back old shadowform. /endofstory
    I found new love for wow with shadow, then they changed the shadowform visuals, so I unsubbed. Can't stand it. The void form's cool but the usual shadowform isn't
    im cool pls respodn

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    Only change it needs is glyph of shadowy friends to be baseline again
    Or at least have a version of it that applies only to mounts and not pets. I like have Uuna running around with me but Shadowform turns her into a weird void child thing.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Misuteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlol View Post
    I’m leveling a priest on classic just to revel in original mindflay and shadowform. But it’s the Blizzard way, take things that work well and ruin them, replacing it with something objectively worse and less interesting.
    Amen and say no more. The list is long and deep and covers many things and classes.

    I remember being so sad when they “broke” the mind flay animation.
    There is no one more racist than a white liberal.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Or at least have a version of it that applies only to mounts and not pets. I like have Uuna running around with me but Shadowform turns her into a weird void child thing.
    I feel so stupid! When i was typing that post i was gonna mention the Uuna thing but i've never actually realised it was shadowy friends glyph that was doing it!

    Yes there absolutely needs to be a mount only option, its not the end of the world for me but it does really ruin the pets, it's just ugly as hell, the mounts tend to look great with it but the pets...

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    I'm actually curious why it's still in the game tbh. It's a flat damage increase to bring you up to par with the other classes. So it's kind of a... stance? Which is necessary but doesn't add anything anymore like damage reduction. Oh and hiding your transmogs behind a bad special effect.

    Strikes me it'd be easier just to turn it into a minor glyph for those priests who want the effect and otherwise killing it.
    I mean it used to give other buffs like increased armor and reduced damage taken.

    But I get what you mean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •