Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

China: 23m banned from buying travel tickets as part of 'social credit' system

China has blocked millions of “discredited” travellers from buying plane or train tickets as part of the country’s controversial “social credit” system aimed at improving the behaviour of citizens.

The social credit system aims to incentivise “trustworthy” behaviour through penalties as well as rewards. According to a government document about the system dating from 2014, the aim is to “allow the trustworthy to roam everywhere under heaven while making it hard for the discredited to take a single step.”

Social credit offences range from not paying individual taxes or fines to spreading false information and taking drugs. More minor violations include using expired tickets, smoking on a train or not walking a dog on a leash.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-credit-system

If you post something unpatriotic about China on the internet, your score drops. If you post something patriotic, your score increases.

Do you think a social credit system is a good idea? Would you like your country to implement a social credit system?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

they sure take it to the next level, but there is plenty of similar stuff in the west that can seriously affect your life too.

e.g. you can get fired for something you say on social media.
    if you don't pay taxes the IRS can make your life hell just as much.
    police can show up at your door for googling something.
    you can get on no fly lists for fairly simple things.
    you can get on a sexual offender list for peeing outdoors with consequence for life.
    currently false/bad/undesired information on mass media/social media is becoming a hot topic with companies starting to filter stuff and political involvement.

it's probably just a matter of time before they just aggregate all those systems over here too.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-03-03 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you post something unpatriotic about China on the internet, your score drops. If you post something patriotic, your score increases.

Do you think a social credit system is a good idea? Would you like your country to implement a social credit system?
    Sounds like the left wings wet dream. To me however that's a nightmare...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    This literally sounds conservative not "left wing" what is "left wing" about this, this sounds like North Korea. What is left wing about trapping people in the country?

the only people that would actually want and use this here are conservatives.

"he's gay, -50 points, that guys a muslim... -100 points."

It's a good idea if done right. This system isn't done right.

So do the left wing want lots of freedom of movement or none at all? Schrodingers left wingers...
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Left wing can't be traitors to the nation and unpatriotic and at the same be for authoritarian measures that don't allow criticism towards the state.

Also isn't the current american president trying to sue satirical TV-shows for depicting him and his government in a certain light? Obama never did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This literally sounds conservative not "left wing" what is "left wing" about this, this sounds like North Korea. What is left wing about trapping people in the country?

what's not left wing about a government control social project that aims to control how you behave...that's like progressive goal number 1.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

what's not left wing about a government control social project that aims to control how you behave...that's like progressive goal number 1.
    So you think North Korea is a left wing government?

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    So do the left wing want lots of freedom of movement or none at all? Schrodingers left wingers...
    they want control over the actions of others. It doesn't matter if you come or go as long as they get to tell you which you can do.

Would you like your country to implement a social credit system?
    Ha, America could try and that would get shot down so fucking quick.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Oh snap, this is like the Black Mirror sh*t

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how literally every single chinese tourist i have had the displeasure of meeting was horrible, i'm more than happy with limiting their travel. Every other country is fine you get good and bad people, people from China just seem to 100% horrible no matter what.

I find it amusing that this has devolved into left vs right already lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

It is not left or right wing. It’s a abuse of people rights to think and act freely. It’s also a attempt to brainwash their citizens. It’s been proven if you get people to write and say statements they disagree with enough they wil start agreeing with those statements.

It today’s political climate I’d agree the left are more likely to implement these systems. Their activists are already getting people banned from social media sites and speaking events for seeing the world differently than they do by labeling them as “hate speech”. They’ve even started to get banks and payment processors to ban people for speaking out against their ideas.

So take a step back and realize that while the right could easily abuse this if religion plays to strong a role in governance. It is the left in today’s political climate that is heading in this direction and speak out against these practices.

Oh and if you do speak out, don’t be surprised if your labeled as “hate speech”.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think North Korea is a left wing government?
    It started out that why as do all the communists countries. The issue is that communism tends to bring in the bad actors that take control and turn their communist countries into dictatorships.

It’s not a flaw in people it’s a flaw of the ideologies of communism that always allows this to happen.

Aye, because mindless patriotism is a left wing trait. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    It is not left or right wing. It’s a abuse of people rights to think and act freely. It’s also a attempt to brainwash their citizens. It’s been proven if you get people to write and say statements they disagree with enough they wil start agreeing with those statements.

It today’s political climate I’d agree the left are more likely to implement these systems. Their activists are already getting people banned from social media sites and speaking events for seeing the world differently than they do by labeling them as “hate speech”. They’ve even started to get banks and payment processors to ban people for speaking out against their ideas.

So take a step back and realize that while the right could easily abuse this if religion plays to strong a role in governance. It is the left in today’s political climate that is heading in this direction and speak out against these practices.

Oh and if you do speak out, don’t be surprised if your labeled as “hate speech”.

- - - Updated - - -

It started out that why as do all the communists countries. The issue is that communism tends to bring in the bad actors that take control and turn their communist countries into dictatorships.

It’s not a flaw in people it’s a flaw of the ideologies of communism that always allows this to happen.
    Communism is a form of government it isn't an ideology. North Korea didn't start out left wing...

The left the mysterious left, yet you bring up religion and discount the entire right evangelical movement with strong strong ties to policy making?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Considering how literally every single chinese tourist i have had the displeasure of meeting was horrible, i'm more than happy with limiting their travel. Every other country is fine you get good and bad people, people from China just seem to 100% horrible no matter what.
    Ugh. Travel back home to meet family and you go to airport, everything is fine and then the Chinese show up and swamps the place, what was a neat queue turned into an ocean of people.

Communism is a form of government it isn't an ideology. North Korea didn't start out left wing...

The left the mysterious left, yet you bring up religion and discount the entire right evangelical movement with strong strong ties to policy making?
    The evangelical movement is the right side of the equation. They as far as I know are not calling for people to be banned from speaking and being able to conduct business. That CURRENTLY is a tactic being used by the left.

they want control over the actions of others. It doesn't matter if you come or go as long as they get to tell you which you can do.
    Of course since the right is such a bastion of freedom unless of course you are a woman who wants birth control or an abortion, LGBTQ, immigrant or Muslim or worse speak ill or make fun of god king Trump.