How to Mistweaver?

I am rather new to healing overall. I find it really difficult to keep all the memebers of the group healed up at the same time. Mistweaver feels like an excellent class to heal 3 people, potentioally 4. How am I supposed to adapt to bursting and not let all the group memeber go really low on hp? What are my priorites spells? Cds? I feel Mistweaver is really consistetent with healing without needing any cds. The only big cd Mist has is Cocoon, which is single target. Would anyone mind to explain how things work? I am really interested but having really difficult time healing this week +6 as 370 ilvl. As for my stats, I go for Mastery>Haste>Crit>Vers.

Key for this week is to make sure you have Renewing Mist running at all times on as many members of the group, you do this via the Thunder Tea with the Focused Thunder talent you should easily be able to get it running on 3 members of the grp at all times and 4 in small windows of time. Then you spam Vivify on the people who don't have renewing mist on them to heal all targets. Don't forget to use your EF for one tick to get gust of wind procs to imrpove your burst healing even more.

Don't take all deaths as your own fault this week, dps need to look out for the timer of the debuff and time kills as well, if they just mindless dps them all down at once espcially none elite packs then you all going to die pretty fast, I personally say no more then 6 stacks at a time, you can burst heal higher then that with CD's but you not gonna have them every pull

Real problem is not only the number of stacks but how they are build. I'd rather have 8 stacks at once than 4 stacks.. 3sec...5 stacks...3s... 6 stacks.
    With a lot of mastery, plan a bit to have at least 3 rems and preferably 4, and use EF for double mastery on the vivifys.

Tbh take a +6 as a grain of salt. People at that level usually are a bit comprehensiveness of the mechanics. Expected to heal anything over 5 stacks or a staggered 4 to 5 stack is just unrealistic. Anyway the best advice i can give is you AND your group should all use personals whenever possible. As a mistweaver you have access to both diffuse magic and fort brew which I would usually pop 1 of the other when my stacks go above 4. Because of their short cooldown and fairly high damage reduction you can alternate them on most big packs and focus heal other people

I would focus more on a healer addons or how you set up the ReMs between your allies rather than focus on the stats like mastery.

Granted, Blizz's default raid interface can show the ReM's buffs, but I feel like the icons are too tiny for my taste (Unless you make everything big).

If you are doing mythic+, definitely take the thunder focus tea talent and use it as much as possible when casting renewing mist. Once you have renewing mist on a lot of people, vivify will become a great AoE heal. The only issue is spamming vivify with quickly drain mana, so be sure to watch for that!

Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    Key for this week is to make sure you have Renewing Mist running at all times on as many members of the group, you do this via the Thunder Tea with the Focused Thunder talent you should easily be able to get it running on 3 members of the grp at all times and 4 in small windows of time. Then you spam Vivify on the people who don't have renewing mist on them to heal all targets. Don't forget to use your EF for one tick to get gust of wind procs to imrpove your burst healing even more.
    This. Also try to channel Essence Font before the damage comes in. You don't need to let it channel full duration--just long enough to apply the HOT to the group. Then your Vivify spam will heal for more from the mastery proc it provides. Lastly, when you're casting Vivify across the group, don't use the GCD to start Soothing Mist and then cast Vivify--instead hard cast it and change up your target to a person without Renewing Mist (since those people will get healed also).

The nice thing about MW is you don't need CDs to pump out pretty solid throughput.

Try to use Soothing mist often enough if you have a statue up though...

I would focus more on a healer addons or how you set up the ReMs between your allies rather than focus on the stats like mastery.

I agree with Toty, healer addons are critical. I highly recommend Vuhdo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use Renewing Mist with Thunder Tea if you have the Secret Infusion trait though. I'm usually running either 2 or 3 of this for m+ (gives great both dps and hps value) and the haste you get isn't the best pick. Usually you either the mastery buff (insane burst healing with EF hot up), crit or vers for dps if there's not much damage going around. Getting a 2k controllable mastery proc on a 30 sec cooldown is absolutely insane for burst damage in m+.

Getting Gust of Mists healing crit for 75k is pretty fun with EF hot up. Hitting for 30-40k is also pretty sweet.
    Hi

What add-ons do people use to track renewing mist buffs on players? Do you use Vuhdo for this to or another?

Quote Originally Posted by JotunNL View Post
    What add-ons do people use to track renewing mist buffs on players? Do you use Vuhdo for this to or another?
    The default blizzard's one can do that for you. A bit tiny for my taste, but you may enjoy it if you're using the default interface. (Make sure to go to raid option and activate this raid thing for 5 players so that you have only a big green bar (or class color bar) and not the players' faces.

Otherwise all healers addons can track the buff (I know grid2 can track it).

Ah thx, but yes I do use Vuhdo, just hard to see who has it.
    Need to fiddle with it a bit

Vuhdo is incredibly easy to set up to see these sort of things. How I have it is a sort of bar under each players health frames which shows the buffs youve chosen to show on them.
    To set it up like this go into the panel tab and go down to Hot Icons, then on the left side at the top it has a window which says Own Hots and you can choose where to display the hots from there.
    Below that is a button which shows how the icon is shown, whether it is glossy which is fairly hard to see or just the regular icon on the screen.
    And then finally to the right of that is a window which says Hot order, you can just type in the name of the hot you wish to track into the box. Make sure to capitalize the spell you are tracking

Well, that helped a lot, thanks Mjolnrik!