Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    is there even at least 1 fukin player in here, that will be ok with playing both, retail AND classic ???

i feel very lonely here, as a player that not totally damn BfA and find some fun in retail and also is very happy to look forward to classic. in the last years i played one toon on horde, and one toon on alliance, per xpac, to experience story at both sides. maybe i switch to one horde char in classic (because i relatively dislike „new“ horde aka the plain bad guys and liked „thralls horde“ way more) and one alliance char in retail, in the future. seems fine to me.

what i wanna say: why is everything so damn black/white here ? are there really that less ppl with enough differentation to get fun out of both products ?

sad world...
    I'm going to play both - sssort of. My PvE fun is going to move over to Classic for sure. On retail I might still play PvP because of a friend of mine but unless I see much improvement over BfA: I'm not buying any future expansions. I'm just gonna use retail at that point to RP because that's the biggest reason I play WoW, but RPing every day isn't an option (which is why I need PvE stuff to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    At least 50% of players are gonna quit within levels 10-30, unless if they completely neuter classic.
    i would say more like 80% , with 95% being gone by the level 40 , especially if they will reduce regens compared to demo.

its just slow unlayable piece of garbage compared to current gen of mmorpgs.

but im sure a lot of people who lack skills to clear normal mode on retail will enjoy their game with bosses that have 1 mechanics and classes that use 2 buttons

i feel only sad for people who never played vanilla and are expecting gd knows what due to magical stories told on forums by vanilla fans.

the dissapointment will be .... legendary if they are expecting even semi interesting product - instead couple of weeks of painful booring slow boring grindy boring grind to level up.

i feel geniuinly sorry for those people .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-03-03 at 02:21 PM.

is there even at least 1 fukin player in here, that will be ok with playing both, retail AND classic ???

i feel very lonely here, as a player that not totally damn BfA and find some fun in retail and also is very happy to look forward to classic. in the last years i played one toon on horde, and one toon on alliance, per xpac, to experience story at both sides. maybe i switch to one horde char in classic (because i relatively dislike „new“ horde aka the plain bad guys and liked „thralls horde“ way more) and one alliance char in retail, in the future. seems fine to me.

what i wanna say: why is everything so damn black/white here ? are there really that less ppl with enough differentation to get fun out of both products ?

sad world...
    I'm going to play both, it's going to be interesting lol. On classic I'll be "No, stfu this is how it's supposed to be go back to retail" and on retail I'll be "wtf this isn't classic, change this shit Blizz" lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    IKR. Apparently spell pushback is actually still in the game on Live, but I can't remember the last time it ever affected me. Voids Elves are immune to pushback as a racial and I'm like what? I haven't experienced it since Wrath lol.
    Do you have your castbar somewhere in your eye resting area? My cast bar is right below my weakauras which are right below my character and I use the Gnosis addon for my castbar and when I get hit it shows how much time was added in the cast. The information isn't relevant to shit (as a pve'r at least) but it does happen.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Pretty sure that was already broken in 1.12, but I can't remember which batch broke half the add-ons/macros
    My memory is that the API changes which broke Decursive (and others) were in the TBC/2.0 pre-patch, but it was a long time ago, so I won't swear to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What a non answer. So there was something wrong with health regeneration, but they don't say what was wrong with it; was it too high or low and by how much. Nobody gives a shit why it was wrong, just how much it was wrong. Secondly, the back and forth explanation that "we had it right at the office!!!111" sounds like shit you should be telling your manager who is about to kick your ass instead of players who couldn't give a fuck.
    Why do you whine so much? Be happy you even get classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I cant wait to see how many ppl that never played it, play it and complain it's too hard and want blizz to nerf shit.

Are all the rogues ready to walk VERY slowly in stealth again? Druids too? What about crying that you didnt get any loot in the 40man raid you waited hours to fill for?

Gonna be interesting!
    There are many possible reasons why the trend happened. For instance, we ran out of iconic villains like the lich king that had a whole previous game devoted to his development. Could also be that people get sick of playing the game game for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am here. I love BfA and I think I'll love classic as well. My plan is to transition to classic, as I love its RPG theme, its consistent world, its slow pace, but I'll keep playing BfA for a while and probably next addon as well. May be I'll drop retail raiding if I would find classic raiding guild (but I think that it'll be pretty much impossible, so probably classic will accompany my retail raiding).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    I just can't decide on one thing.
    Should I level a nelf hunter as that was my first toon in vanilla, so for nostalgia reasons.
    Or should u level a human warrior, who was my first tank, for same reasons.
    Level hunter. I'm already leveling tank, no need for second.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    No, I think it meant that some of the bugs reported will not be addressed because they’re not bugs and the person was incorrect. They gave several examples of those.
    They wrote that they won't fix mail interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    I am gonna play Classic.. But my issue is.. I don't know what class to play, cause from what I've seen online. Most of the classes I would play are kinda neutered. Ret pally in specific. (Talking more about Raiding not PVP) I thought about running Warlock or mage.. but then I remembered "Clothies are rough in vanilla." Sooo I still don't know. I am looking forward to Classic =)
    If you're a paladin and you want to raid, you're going to go into whatever tree gets you kings, and spend all your time buffing the other people who actually do stuff.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Why do you whine so much? Be happy you even get classic.
    Happy to even get classic? lol.

I played classic 14 years ago and I have zero plans to play it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Ill casually level in classic while raiding on retail. But I DO NOT want to do hardcore end game with grinding Grand Marshall or grinding matts for endless pots, or having to reclear trash that respawns.

I am laughing at the retail plebs who reported kobolds running faster than them. roflmao, you dont pull more than 1 shit here and if you mistook to pull more than 2 start running already.

sad world...
    I'm really enjoying the raids in BFA but in summer, it will be post 8.1.5 and pre 8.2 so maybe my guild wont raid anymore... It will be impossible to raid in both games anyway, unless you dont do ANYTHING else (no "life", no job, no other games)

I'm playing hunter since vanilla... and I'm not sure I want to go back to vanilla hunter (dead zone, ammo, pets that can go away in the middle of a boss fight)

I'm curious how Classic WoW will fare. How many people will only play it a bit for nostalgia and then quit? Also we still have to see if people from back then will start playing again, as it wouldn't feel right to me, if nobody of my former guild mates will be back. Of cause most of us moved on in life and won't come back or might look at vanilla in a different way, once actually playing it again.

Another thing is, that back in Vanilla we all were noobs and some of us did manage to learn the ropes faster than others. I out-dpsed most others easily back then, because many ignored hit, like our mages and warlocks were all Int+Crit, while I equipped my twink mage with spellpower+hit and out-dpsed all of them. Still remember the raid leader (mage) being like "Look, I have finally reached 10k mana!" like this would mean anything. Now it should be different, execept for the people not knowing about hit and spellpower, as both are gone from modern WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Happy to even get classic? lol.

I played classic 14 years ago and I have zero plans to play it again.
    Then don't play it? It takes a special kind of ignorant to get upset by something entirely optional that doesn't affect you.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i would say more like 80% , with 95% being gone by the level 40 , especially if they will reduce regens compared to demo.

its just slow unlayable piece of garbage compared to current gen of mmorpgs.

but im sure a lot of people who lack skills to clear normal mode on retail will enjoy their game with bosses that have 1 mechanics and classes that use 2 buttons

i feel only sad for people who never played vanilla and are expecting gd knows what due to magical stories told on forums by vanilla fans.

the dissapointment will be .... legendary if they are expecting even semi interesting product - instead couple of weeks of painful booring slow boring grindy boring grind to level up.

i feel geniuinly sorry for those people .
    You have no idea how clueless that sounds. Its always easy to compare games in personal perspective and completely disregard how it works in practice.

When you look at current mmorpgs to begin with, how many of them actually are good? isnt it a common theme that all new mmos die within a year or two at most. Ive only played 3-4 mmos, in the past 10 years, and the only one that still makes me want to resub at some point is WoW.

You mistake "boring grind" to rewarding progression... if you LOOK at classic gameplay it may seem boring, but when you are actually doing it... you will get addicted to the progression you make and rewards you gain every once in a while, which do change your gameplay and give you more tools to play with.
    What is there on retail to keep players playing? what rewards do you get on retail? if all the answers are in endgame then the game is more boring than classic. Dont even get started on world quests... thats a boring grind if ive ever seen one, and it has no rewards either.

Its not at all a magical story when people tell you how cool it is when you finally get shoulder armor... or when you finally get one of your hardest hitting abilities. (level 40+ talents, mortal strike etc. you also get new abilities throughout the journey from 10-40)
    Let alone getting that first epic item, because unlike retail on classic epics actually were rare before you enter the raids, blues were valuable... even greens depending on the item slot.

Its how a progression should be made... BFA leveling is nowhere near as fun as you think it is.... what motivates you to keep going? endgame? well thats not part of the leveling its what you get when you are done with it, try again... new gear? leveling greens replacing your raid epics is cool? okay then, whatever floats your boat. But thats pretty much it... you get nothing from leveling in BFA content, infact if i remember right your character becomes weaker during it.
    Level 110 is stronger at killing mobs than 116... how can that be? thats hardly motivating.

Now i could go on with being a classic fanboy but lets stick to the cold hard facts instead:
    -In classic you get 1 talent point every 2 levels along with new spell(s) and/or spell ranks. (gives you the direct control how you build your character. 1 point might not seem to make a big difference but it does if you keep your eyes peeled and its also as choice you make and not the game)
    -In retail you get new talent every 15 levels or something like that... in the latest expansion(s) you dont even get 15 levels so you maybe get 1 talent point.

-In classic elite quests are impossible to solo, ofcourse there are rare cases but this is a general reality.
    -In retail elite quests dont even exist, or do they? i havent noticed since it doesnt make a difference if you should pull it or get help.
    And rewards are obviously as you would expect.

Theres a reason why even to this day people remember the Rune of the Guard Captain-trinket... that is arguably one of the BEST trinkets you can get as physical dps pre-60. And how do you get it? its easy to remember, its an elite quest in hinterlands. An ELITE quest rewarding you with an incredible item... and obviously its not soloable, goodluck trying tho.
    Thats just one of the elite items that people remember since the knowledge is still useful on privates but more importantly in the upcoming official classic.

Im not going to step too much into the raiding since its arguably more simpler and probably easier... but what you completely forget with your statement "bosses that have 1 mechanics and classes that use 2 buttons" is the reality... once again you look at things in theory and not actual gameplay.

If we were to look at retail bosses right now, mythic in particular... they would have so many abilities it would feel intimidating to even try fighting against, but then when you do fight you realize half of those abilities dont even kill you. Theres probably like 2-3 abilities that instagib you nothing more... the rest can be healed over and are only there for you to avoid unless you want to put more pressure on healers which in some cases isnt even a bad thing to do, if the boss is almost dead. (Also nobody kills a mythic boss without first killing heroic version... so thats already alot of extra practice to avoid most of the abilities the boss does, mythic only adds 1 or 2)

In classic, theres way less mechanics to tend with but ALL of them are lethal. I dont remember even half of them since its been a while since i raided that content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If you're a paladin and you want to raid, you're going to go into whatever tree gets you kings, and spend all your time buffing the other people who actually do stuff.
    What if your raid already has kings-paladin? whos going to buff improved wisdom or improved might?
    And there is something you can do between buffing for sure... greater kings last 15 minutes.

Dont underestimate judgements, judgement of light gives melee a passive healing whenever they attack the boss...
    Last edited by Otaka; 2019-03-04 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    So, not vanilla, then. Most people will stay on other servers, then - your call really.

Seems like a poor attitude and decision. this will significantly impact the final game.

hate to be the bearer of bad news Blizzard, but when your prominent point in a seldom update involves even the mention of the simple interface from over 6 months ago, I have extremely low expectations for Classic and don't really want to participate in your bastardized interpretation of Classic.

Based on this reply, it really does seem like you only just got around to fixing player feedback from a demo you held 6 months ago. It doesn't seem like you've made any significant progress considering your mention of the interface. fixing lists of issues is fine, but no list of issues is complete since the testing was confined to two relatively simple zones.

Classic seems like it's going to be seriously flawed and broken at arrival. You've lost all consumer goodwill Blizzard, and this response to months of information requests isn't good enough.
    Take the chill pill dude.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Then don't play it? It takes a special kind of ignorant to get upset by something entirely optional that doesn't affect you.
    When have I been upset about classic?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    “Real MMORPG again”
    I didn't play Classic, nor am I a white knight for it, but I must say, it's definitely more of an MMO than WoW has been for years. I remember before LfD and LfR in early Wrath, I actually needed to be social and interact with people to do things like dungeons and raids, and even get gear. WoW has been a solo adventure with optional multi players and a soap opera for NPC's for years now instead of the make-your-own adventure MMORPG it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    No. Changes.
    Dick. Head.

Quote Originally Posted by deepjazz View Post
    no one is asking for new content in classic.. everyone is asking for classic like it was with ZERO changes.

well blizzard need to bring wow back, current wow isnt wow anymore, it's more of a single player wannab mmo game... I honestly wonder why blizzard doesnt add a option to completely remove chat.
    pffft thats your shit opinions sure

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    you mean an outdated and grindy MMO lol

- - - Updated - - -

lets just hope to wake up and finally cancel classic
    And retail, that shit needs to go. Holding the gaming community back.