Poll: Vote

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    He doesn't know the dungeon. Probably plays a DH dps and doesn't need to know any mechanics except eye beam.
    yep, definitely an ape

there's a literal armory link in my signature
    Last edited by Chillside; 2019-03-06 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Other than previous comments here, I feel the third boss could do with a slight nerf. At least in my experience it's probably the toughest M+ boss fight we have. It's like 5 minutes long on tyrannical, and a late wipe on a tight timer is pretty much a guaranteed key depletion.

Third boss also happens to be very buggy.
    Finally someone who mentions this. If they tune this encounter and add 2-3 min to the timer, it will become one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    yep, definitely an ape

there's a literal armory link in my signature
    Who cares?

You clearly don't know the mechanics, and are absolutely here to be a dick to people trying to have a real conversation. it's always great when one of the "git gud" trolls gets shown up for their lack of game knowledge like you were here.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Who cares?

You clearly don't know the mechanics, and are absolutely here to be a dick to people trying to have a real conversation. it's always great when one of the "git gud" trolls gets shown up for their lack of game knowledge like you were here.
    I legitimately tried to explain why the fact that some players can't move around fast enough or push their buttons fast enough doesn't necessarily mean that something is overtuned, but it seems to me like you're the type of guy that ignores every single fact that contradicts his opinion

I legitimately tried to explain why the fact that some players can't move around fast enough or push their buttons fast enough doesn't necessarily mean that something is overtuned, but it seems to me like you're the type of guy that ignores every single fact that contradicts his opinion
    You should read your own comments again. No movement whatsoever makes Severing Axe do less damage.

but that bleeding debuff is completely fine as long as you don't get hit by whirling axe
    The highest KR you have done either season is +12, of course it's fine at that keylevel. Don't know why you make statements applying for up to +16 though, the difference in difficulty is quite big. I've only done a 15 myself, but IT does hit super super hard in comparison to most other dungen boss abilites. Hence why people hero this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the fear minions ruin it, other than that it's probably one of the best dungeons.

Shrine again is a cool dungeon but not very forgiving. Without a doubt Shrine is the dungeon I've had the most groups fall apart.

My biggest hate in BFA is Tol Dagor though, especially the last boss - fuck that asshole.

To me the most annoying thing about Shrine of the Storm this season is the caster reaping adds... there's so many of them and usually just stand outside the rest of the pack. Yeyeye.. i know, LoS them but even if.. when they all focus 1 person (as they usually do) its like 1 shot ;/
    Small bloobs, mini bosses and other are really irrelevant at that point.
    For pugs the scariest thing is reaping with caster adds.

Quote Originally Posted by peter92q View Post
    post your highest KR run in time
    I found his character and his highest KR done is a +11 that went 5 minutes and 33 seconds over time.

So safe to say he is just a troll (as we all knew already)

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    I found his character and his highest KR done is a +11 that went 5 minutes and 33 seconds over time.

So safe to say he is just a troll (as we all knew already)
    That's actually pretty sad.

It's mostly annoying due to Reaping timers happening during the Chamber Of Fun and the slime pulls before second boss. Once you're past that the dungeon really isn't that hard, albeit it needs an extra 2-3 minutes I'd agree.

Shrine is the one that needs a nerfbat. The bosses are obnoxious even before Tyrannical, the trash is too numerous with too many abilities, and the little droplets and novices render half the affixes a living hell.

The first room and the corridor leading to the 3rd boss are a bit overtuned, i think the minibosses serve their purpose -being minibosses- the bosses aren't really hard or overtuned, they're just punishing.
    Overall it's probably the hardest dungeon but it's not massively harder than the rest, and i personally don't think it's bad for the game to have harder and easier dungeons instead of trying to streamline everything.

The fear adds need to not trigger bursting/affixes. That's about it.

Before i proceed, let me clarify that i have no intention of being a dick here.
    Lol, basically by saying this you immediately already know you are being a dick.

Avoid the axes?
    Yes, he should avoid the unavoidable dot the boss puts on one random group member. Whoops.

1. Buy invis pots
    2. You absolutely don't need two melees, i'll go as far as saying that up to +16 it's completely doable as 3 casters
    Yes, just put your damage potions on a 10 minute cooldown because you want to not have a rigid comp. It's almost like it's way better to have a rogue + pots than not a rogue + invis pot.

Again, "pop" reaping when you have walls around
    It all comes down to:
    1. "booo hooo it's not as easy as freehold (for example)"
    2. "booo hooo i can't aoe for 10 seconds so i end up doing 17k dps instead of 28"
    3. "booo hooo i have to use some of the abilities that i don't generally use

Get thicker skin ffs

It's like getting into a friend's car and just start driving without even adjusting mirrors or something and then when you accidentally hit something, because you couldn't actually see it - complain that mirrors were out of place, it's your responsibility to be prepared
    Just quoting the rest of this because it demonstrates how juvenile and how obvious your opening quot of "no intention of being a dick here" is completely false. Also, your analogy is pretty terrible.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Invisibility potions lock you out for 5 minutes now, not 10. Still not a great argument. Considering we need mob count anyway, I see no reason why invisibility potions can't have a 1-2 minute CD. Shroud will still be superior simply because in half of the dungeons your entire group can be mounted while using it, in addition to not locking out potions timers for whatever CD they decide on.

Of course you don't "need" two melee, but two melee make most instances way easier. In Legion this wasn't as big of a deal because horde had access to torrent, everyone had access to frag belt, and there were simply far more ways to interrupt mobs (mobs also had far less dangerous casts). Any mobs getting casts off in a fortified King's Rest do an absolute metric shit load of damage, to where not covering them reliably is going to result in deaths.

The get good argument is a pretty poor one when you can just glance at completion rates and realize that participation and completion rates are awful in both KR and SoTS. I'm not saying that every instance needs to be the same difficulty, but there are pretty glaring difficulty gaps between these dungeons and the 'easier' ones. SoTS is one that almost explicitly highlights how awful it is to lack two <15 second interrupts in your group (not counting the tank).

The only thing I'd change is nerf Zul a bit because on fortified 19+ its extremely hard. It's almost unfair to certain healers and tanks (that dont have ams or spellwarding or ironbark)

Kings rest is the least timed dungeon at higher keys.

Even compared to Shrine, it is still the least timed dungeon.

That should say something.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    They should only remove the little shits that fear you and that have to be dispelled. They feel so out of place and basically they're just there so that you take certain classes.

Your poll is honestly pointless though. Of course you can always "fix" something, there's always room for improvement. If most people on this poll are gonna vote yes then it still won't mean that most people think that this dungeon is broken.
    Also the fact that those dispell mobs trigger the Bursting.. its bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    The first room and the corridor leading to the 3rd boss are a bit overtuned, i think the minibosses serve their purpose -being minibosses- the bosses aren't really hard or overtuned, they're just punishing.
    Overall it's probably the hardest dungeon but it's not massively harder than the rest, and i personally don't think it's bad for the game to have harder and easier dungeons instead of trying to streamline everything.
    The real issues with King's Rest are:

1. You can't skip any trash without invis pots/shroud
    2. The run back is really long at certain points
    3. The third boss is a very long fight
    4. The timer is unforgiving combined with points 2+3.

It's still nowhere near as bad as Shrine IMO.

The real issue really is that Blizzard kind of backed themselves into a corner with the timers capping out at 39 minutes. Shrine and KR are just flat out longer than other dungeons, but they have the same timer as Waycrest. They just need to remove some trash from both these if they aren't willing to extend the timers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Invisibility potions lock you out for 5 minutes now, not 10. Still not a great argument. Considering we need mob count anyway, I see no reason why invisibility potions can't have a 1-2 minute CD. Shroud will still be superior simply because in half of the dungeons your entire group can be mounted while using it, in addition to not locking out potions timers for whatever CD they decide on.
    At this point they just need to put in a shroud potion. Combine 5 invis pots to make it or something. It's just way too good an ability for only 1 class to have.

I've read through most of the 'arguments' people bring up here, many of them being absolute nonsense.

My point is: No, Kings Rest doesn't need a fix in terms of difficulty, trash arrangement or boss-tuning. The dungeon is totally doable, not hard at all and the mechanics are fine. Even at higher Key Levels. You are not restricted to certain setups for making it through.

It's the perception, compared to other dungeons, that lets it seem more difficult than it is, because the dungeon itself is much longer and bigger, and gives very few possibilities for cheesing or skipping stuff. And it is more punishing if you die due to the way back.

What is true though, they should loose up the timer to make a run more rewarding at the end, because many groups only make it barely intime, not even close to +2, because of the lack of skip potencial. The Timer Cap at 39:00 Minutes is bullshit here, but thats the only factor they should take a hand on. Because really, it I read through the comments above, I laugh my ass off about what mechanics people cry about and considering "hard to play" or "hard to heal through". I'd love to see some of those guys playing.