Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    is this game dying the final death?

    its been 2 months already since previous hero release - imperius - and there isnt even any announcement of a new one
    we know blizzard has gave up on hots esport but to slack up on new hero development is totally unacceptable compared to LoL
    with pro scene or not players want new heroes to play with or the game stagnates and becomes boring. that is the standard and blizz cant keep up
    should i give up on it as well and move on to other games?
    i5-6600 3.3GHz|16 GB RAM|GeForce GTX 1070
    EVE Online referral link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup/?in...a-e190e6a28fd5|receive 750,000 Skill Points
    Star Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord A Chozo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4,684
    It looks like you are bored with the game, and it's unclear if you are having fun with it or not. So yeah, naturally you should give up on it and move on to other games.

    Which has nothing to do with the game "dying the final death" - they made it pretty clear that the game will have less patches and less new content, but it's not stopping. And the game won't vanish from your library.

  3. #3
    anduin got leaked so i guess we know he 's on his way...

    ...into THE NEXUS

  4. #4
    This game is dying since long time espesially because of ranked. Hots is experieving same problem since very long time - huge skill difference between players on same rank. They even made it worse after allowing quick match mmr to coppy into ranked so people jumped from gold to master 1k points. On top of that quick match matchmaking problems

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,262
    Yep is dying, look on twitter how big hots dev team is. It is laughable by Blizzard. "Standards"
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

  6. #6
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,760
    a moba or pretty much any pvp game lives and dies by its esports, and hots not just lost its essports, it was major news everywhere, u have articles that will make any new player think 1000 time before try to play hots instead of lol or dota (even if hots is best imo, average 20min game instead of 20 min farm start)
    i don't see any new hero coming to hots in 2 years max, heck i except the game to sadly ends in a year
    tldr : they won't release new heroes as they used to at all, in fact expect 3 heroes a year - same as overwatch - top
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Yep is dying, look on twitter how big hots dev team is. It is laughable by Blizzard. "Standards"
    The only laughable things I see around here are your posts about how dying hots is.

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The only laughable things I see around here are your posts about how dying hots is.
    And your positive attiude that game is fine as well.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

  9. #9
    If anything is gonna kill the game it's the people endlessly repeating their "dead game"-mantra to everyone and their dog until most of them believe it.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,262
    Keep live in ilusion then. Your choice.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The only laughable things I see around here are your posts about how dying hots is.
    Blizzard has THE worst ex-fanboys who's whole life now revolves around the fact the company didn't fold up and die when they left or stopped playing their games.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer therealstegblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kill All Mages
    Posts
    3,440
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    a moba or pretty much any pvp game lives and dies by its esports
    Where did you ever get this ridiculous and incorrect assumption lol.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  13. #13
    Legendary! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    6,760
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The only laughable things I see around here are your posts about how dying hots is.
    so u see it a positive thing that they reduce the working team on a game by 1/3, a sign of 'prosper' not dying?
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Where did you ever get this ridiculous and incorrect assumption lol.
    many older mobas? I didn't play HoN but i have a friend who did, I played demigod myself and even tried that fun moba where u share gold as entire team (can't remember name sadly, even if it was recent, that's how fast that game died...), so yes i talk from experience
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer therealstegblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kill All Mages
    Posts
    3,440
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    many older mobas? I didn't play HoN but i have a friend who did, I played demigod myself and even tried that fun moba where u share gold as entire team (can't remember name sadly, even if it was recent, that's how fast that game died...), so yes i talk from experience
    You don't talk from anything, because you're wrong. Mobas do not "live or die" on their esports, nor does any other game.

    Big games have big esports because they were big games first. LoL didn't even have developed esports for a couple of years, and it was a massive success on the get-go. You're finding false equivalencies to come to your conclusion. You're deciding that because a MOBA failed, it failed because it didn't have esports; but the truth is rather that it didn't have esports because it failed.

    "Esports" have little to do with how successful a game is. If the game is a success, it can have successful esports but an unsuccessful game is very rarely going to develop even grass roots esports.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Blizzard has THE worst ex-fanboys who's whole life now revolves around the fact the company didn't fold up and die when they left or stopped playing their games.
    I never was Blizz fan boy, assumption is false.
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.

  16. #16
    No, I mean for christ sakes the game already have a roster of 85 characters so its not like it is actually lacking in that department.

  17. #17
    The AMA was good. They are evaluating how to support indepent tournaments.

  18. #18
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,620
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    so u see it a positive thing that they reduce the working team on a game by 1/3, a sign of 'prosper' not dying?

    many older mobas? I didn't play HoN but i have a friend who did, I played demigod myself and even tried that fun moba where u share gold as entire team (can't remember name sadly, even if it was recent, that's how fast that game died...), so yes i talk from experience
    dota was so popular as an esport before dota 2 amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  19. #19
    I mean did you see their most recent picture of the "team"? They have like a 12 person team now....
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    its been 2 months already since previous hero release - imperius - and there isnt even any announcement of a new one
    we know blizzard has gave up on hots esport but to slack up on new hero development is totally unacceptable compared to LoL
    with pro scene or not players want new heroes to play with or the game stagnates and becomes boring. that is the standard and blizz cant keep up
    should i give up on it as well and move on to other games?
    I mean, they said back when they announced the cutting of the esports league and what not that development was going to slow down. I don't know why you were expecting anything different...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •