Barbed Shot got buffed nice I guess

But they wouldn't have to buff it so dramatically if Barbed Shot could crit (like ALL other dots in game) and get it's damage increased by BW.
    If these two are getting fixed be ready for another insignificant buff.

Barbed shot accounts for a very small percentage of your overall DPS, even Buffing it by 500% wouldn't make a massive difference. overall the two buffs will average out to a 7% Single Target DPS increase, i dont think we will see hunters move up the table at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Barbed shot accounts for a very small percentage of your overall DPS, even Buffing it by 500% wouldn't make a massive difference. overall the two buffs will average out to a 7% Single Target DPS increase, i dont think we will see hunters move up the table at all.
    It's now pretty significant, around 9-10% of our damage in single target.

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    It's now pretty significant, around 9-10% of our damage in single target.
    On a Full ST Fight yes, but seeing how a majority of the fights are cleave i cant see this really being a static 10% buff

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    7% more daamage is pretty much the difference betwenn 3rd to last and 3rd spec in dps rankings, that's PRETTY significant.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    7% more daamage is pretty much the difference betwenn 3rd to last and 3rd spec in dps rankings, that's PRETTY significant.
    Problem is that we were so far behind we're still only 3rd last after these changes
    I applaud the buff, but let's view things in perspective.

On a Full ST Fight yes, but seeing how a majority of the fights are cleave i cant see this really being a static 10% buff

It's purely meant as a ST buff from what it looks. BM AoE damage isn't too bad; our ST (read: raid) dps needed work, so BS + CS buff helps that without affecting AoE really.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2019-03-13 at 08:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What numbers are you guys looking at? On WarcraftLogs 75th percentile Heroic, BM went from 2nd last to 6th (ahead of every other Hunter spec). On 75th percentile Mythic, BM went from 3rd last to like 9th or so (still ahead of every other Hunter spec).

Marks will likely pass it at least on the Mythic one, since Marks was literally 1 rank behind and was missing a 3% buff in these numbers, but the early indication is that BM is very competitive now.
    Last edited by Simca; 2019-03-14 at 03:20 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

MM seems to be better at around the 80th percentile in both heroic and mythic. but i only looked at the overall numbers for all bosses.

BM should be ok now. MM still scales better with weapon dps, so with really good gear, MM should definitely come out on top from a pure dps perspective.

Since I only got an ilvl 400 weapon, difference between BM and MM is only around 1k simdps for me (~25k vs ~26k). Also BM is more consistend from pull to pull, since you usually aren't punished as much for being targeted by mechanics and got better survivability.

I guess I will go back to BM for now. If I get a 415+ weapon I will reevaluate.