Poll: Are you specifically loyal to a...?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Where do your allegiances lie?

[This is not a thread about cross factions, neutral factions, Alliance/Horde Bias, or Alliance/Horde Blame/Victim-hood! Please don't derail!]

As players trot across Azeroth, there are many times when we either had to pick a side or make an enemy. With each new expansion, our loyalties are diverted for some "greater good" to deal with a new threat to the planet. This is typically shown through reputation/neutral groups, but these ties still paled in comparison to our faction loyalties. In Legion Blizzard took a different approach by defining us primarily by our class identity/fantasy. The needs of the Alliance/Horde were second to the needs of our order halls, demonstrating Azeroth's denizens' capacity for unity/change and the shortcomings of the A/H division. Nearing the end of Legion and into BfA, players were re-assigned their faction identity via the War of Thorns/Siege of Undercity.

Interestingly enough Blizzard did not reassign our PCs' fealty, as they're still able serve their personal interests despite the faction conflict. War and a demand for azerite didn't stop our PCs from helping Magni, nor did it stop them from hosting the eye of Nzoth. While we are a part of our factions, our PCs are developing a position similar to that of Khadgar or Thrall. By this I mean that they are faction associated but "free" to delve in personal motives, even if they go against the desires of the A/H. Of course most of this is done to a limit and in secrecy, but it's still true that players are able to go against their leaders' interests.

With everything that's happening, I began to wonder: Who am I (and my characters) most loyal to?
    And so I ask the same to all of you. Whose cause earned your sympathy and why?

Is it the order hall you swore to protect, the faction that took you in, the titan soul we're trying to save, the race/nation your character hails from, or some other force/faction? Etc. I know everyone has their own biases/priorities (esp when you consider your race or class), so I wanted to hear some of yours!

Edit: I realized I put Panthion instead of Pantheon, because I'm an idiot. Please disregard that since I can't edit the poll.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-03-09 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Race>Faction>Everything else.

If I had the option to kick the Alliance out of my Order Hall I would have done so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    After witnessing to much dumb shit during MoP, WoD, Legion and BfA all my characters decided to become hermits under guidance of certain sage from pandaria. There they finally found peace.

But seriously, with whats going on now with horde and blandliance, neutrals are only way to go.

It used to be faction then race, before Blizzard ran both into the fucking ground.

Now I feel more kinship with the friggin Order Halls than with a faction of passive cowards led by a mustache-twirling psychopath. Ironically I felt more pride at being a part of Zandalar's history than being a part of the Horde's history in this expansion. If I could make my Orc swear fealty to Talanji I would at this point.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my rp I’m still squatting in the netherlight temple

7+ Year Old Account
    Before, the horde, now i just rather be with the legion if it was possible.

To the most interesting faction/character of the expansion, currently only the Zandalaris are interesting and worth to fight for in bfa, the rest is just embarrassing to even talk to them(looking at you Nathanos and Anduin).

Also the cosmic forces are something really interesting and if there is some faction with a true deity, then I am all for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The titan Pantheon are my prefered pick out of all of the options provided.

Just myself. Will cut the throat of any group member, race, class, guild mate, or god to get that lootz son.

depends. my characters take sides on various fronts for reasons relating to the story I had in mind when I played them. My rogue is more for the horde and tends to favor orcs and trolls mostly while happily working as an advance scout for military operations.

My original monk was an undead who was formerly SI:7 but fell into hermit life after watching everythign go sideways during events of Pandaria campaign. (lvl'd as human and snagged some alliance armor and faction swapped before they implemented limits on swapping with faction specific armor so I was running around in alliance tier mogs from ToGC on an undead)

My warlock was a psychotic bitch who took delight in the suffering of others and would elect to whatever option let her slaughter to her heart's delight...

typically my toons eventually look at both factions as retarded in some area but due to gameplay limitations they're stuck helping the factions.

Is there an option to just stay in the garrison and be the "Kuhmandor"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Race above all, don't care about factions... I play both xd

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Race above all, don't care about factions... I play both xd
    Baine, I thought your loyalties lied with Anduin.

I'm a mercenary. My allegiance lies with whoever pays the most. But I guess Order Halls after that.

Zandalari Empire.
    I do not care for the Horde after Vol’Jin’s death.
    Allying with Order Halls, for the most part, just feels like joining Alliance and that’s not my cup of tea.
    Cosmic force feels cheap and faceless, especially Light/Void.
    Titans are boring, in my opinion.
    Lesser organizations are mostly Alliance allinged so same as Order Halls.
    Deities are a possible second choice for me, but considering that Loa are literally a part of the Zandalari Empire, I guess that’s just included.
    Specific leader... Talanji, I guess. But she’s, once again, just another part of Zandalari Empire.

I was always mostly with western part of the Horde.

Now, with what they've been doing with them, I just don't care that much anymore. Zandalari are cool enough I suppose.

Glory to the Kaldorei!

My allegiances lie with the resourceful Ren'dorei, first mortals in the cosmos to successfully defy the shadows' whispers, and their two leaders, the cunning Alleria Windrunner and the ominous Magister Umbric. Though I also feel loyal towards my beloved spec that I have been playing since forever, the malevolent Shadow Priest.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-03-13 at 05:34 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I'm loyal only to myself. I'm a rogue, duh?

First allegiance is to the forest.

Second is to the Sentinel Army.

Third to Darnassus.

Fourth to the Alliance.