Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question What's the Allowance for Trans Bashing on the Forum?

Sincere request on a clarification for the posting rules.
    Gender and Gender Identity Thread Topics are allegedly not permitted in the GEN-OT forums.

Do mods allow for Gender and Gender Identity bashing posts in a thread? If yes, what is considered an allowable threshold for such posts?

Pertinent Example:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ret-grand-jury

At the time of this post, 19 of the 172 posts have people bashing the gender or "deadnaming" the subject of the original post. Even when the first post explicitly used the correct pronoun. SO far there has been no official mod action to issue warning or even remind posters to stay on topic.

So is 11% an acceptable rate for trans bashing? How does it compare to other moderated forums?

Or maybe it's posters fault right? Are we not correctly reporting a post?!?

As a mod, how would you correctly fill in "your message" section?

Some examples of what a global considers an good report would be helpful to the community.

Because when I hit report post, I feel like it's ignored a majority of the time. I need better words it seems.

Most of the transbashing posts I report in Gen OT are still up when I check back hours/days/once even weeks later.

And it's not even minor things, reported posts straight up calling for violence against trans individuals are ignored by the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Scientific findings note there are brain structure, genetic and physiological differences between trans and cis individuals, which should shake any claim that people can only be born male or female at birth. It is definitely possible to possess genes that increase the likelihood of someone identifying as trans.

Some reading, if you'd like to broaden your understanding:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3402034/
    http://www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/ar...sexuality.html
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4987404/

There are more scientific findings if you do any small amount of digging, but I'll let the facts speak for themselves. The trans identity has biological roots, and if you disagree then you do so from a position of ignorance.
    Last edited by Nalorakk; 2019-03-09 at 09:03 AM.

people are upset that chelsea committed treason

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because People (at least for now) are still allowed to call a Man a Man and a Woman a Woman if they really want to be pedantic about Biology. I'll generally use peoples correct Pronouns (Male/He For FtM or Female/She for MtF, not the other idiotic ones like Xer, Zhe etc) because I don't really see a reason not to, but I don't believe in forcing people to do it either.

This is a non-issue. If someone wants to play pretend, the rest of the world shouldn't be required to follow their delusions.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    If your life is so great and special that THIS . . . T H I S is what you count important . . . I am envious.

This has to be the most first world problem BS thread I have ever read in my entire adult life.

I think MMO champ doesn't want to become as irrelevant as neogab and other trash sites like that. Go play pretend on said thread.

Unless MMO Champ wants to go full Canada and make gender pronouns a criminal offence if it upsets someone (ala Jordon Peterson), we should be free to use the biological terminology as we see fit. Not everyone is a progressive liberal, not everyone agrees you are a woman just because you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    This is a non-issue. If someone wants to play pretend, the rest of the world shouldn't be required to follow their delusions.
    Basically my stand on whole special snowflake gender out there .

Transfats... boooooo!

lotta terfs on this forum
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    The lack of general human empathy is kind of blowing my mind here. But you do you.

Oh no, deadnaming! You can call Trump a dumb orange fat fuck, but calling someone by the name they were born with is an unspeakable offense, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    The lack of general human empathy is kind of blowing my mind here. But you do you.
    Except the argument then becomes "where do we stop"? If we must cater to Feminine Men and Masculine Women who honestly believe that they are actually Women and not Men, or Men and not Women, then why don't we cater to Pedophiles, or Sociopaths with a Fetish for Murdering People? I mean, where do we draw the line on when a behavioral quirk becomes a social aberration?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Except the argument then becomes "where do we stop"? If we must cater to Feminine Men and Masculine Women who honestly believe that they are actually Women and not Men, or Men and not Women, then why don't we cater to Pedophiles, or Sociopaths with a Fetish for Murdering People? I mean, where do we draw the line on when a behavioral quirk becomes a social aberration?
    How in the absolute fuck did you manage to compare gender dysphoria, a personal, internal issue that has no negative impact on anyone (unless they feel like they have the right to dictate how other people feel), to pedophilia, an interpersonal life-ruining thing?

These things are in no way comparable. The leap in logic here is ginormous.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, this thread has shown there is a strong need for MMO-C leadership to clarify the site's stance.

Quite a few posters feel entitled to bash and deadname trans people on mmo-c. This demonstrates a real lack of enforcement and clarity on how topics are curated.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralissimoGreymane View Post
    If anything, this thread has shown there is a strong need for MMO-C leadership to clarify the site's stance.

Quite a few posters feel entitled to bash and deadname trans people on mmo-c. This demonstrates a real lack of enforcement and clarity on how topics are curated.
    Without a doubt in my mind, some of the mod team is transphobic and won't settle for an actual stance or any accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralissimoGreymane View Post
    Sincere request on a clarification for the posting rules.
    Gender and Gender Identity Thread Topics are allegedly not permitted in the GEN-OT forums.

Do mods allow for Gender and Gender Identity bashing posts in a thread? If yes, what is considered an allowable threshold for such posts?

Pertinent Example:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ret-grand-jury

At the time of this post, 19 of the 172 posts have people bashing the gender or "deadnaming" the subject of the original post. Even when the first post explicitly used the correct pronoun. SO far there has been no official mod action to issue warning or even remind posters to stay on topic.

So is 11% an acceptable rate for trans bashing? How does it compare to other moderated forums?

Or maybe it's posters fault right? Are we not correctly reporting a post?!?

As a mod, how would you correctly fill in "your message" section?

Some examples of what a global considers an good report would be helpful to the community.

Because when I hit report post, I feel like it's ignored a majority of the time. I need better words it seems.
    there is no such thing as misgendering or deadnaming. its made up by you and ppl who think like you. It shouldnt be against the rules or decorum to refer to a person as they should be referred. You cant even hide your constant addiction to controlling any and everything, can you? Dont liek what the person said? dont read it, like an adult? You fascist, thought police need a reality check. Youre all drunk on "shut it down" because you think you have majority support. When the time comes for ppl to shut you down and they have the majority, youll be the first to cry real tears. But youll do the same to any who dont think s you deem ok.

Because people have the right to disagree with people about mental delusions. No one has to agree or accomodate someone just because they claim to be something. If they want to pretend to be something, fine. But I don't have to agree, nor accommodate, their lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Okay, so with anyone else with a mental illness, do we accept what they believe or do we try to help them be normal? You don't generally see someone say "I hear voices telling me to flay my cat and kill myself" and then a slew of psychiatrists screaming "yaaaaas slay queen! So brave."

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    How in the absolute fuck did you manage to compare gender dysphoria, a personal, internal issue that has no negative impact on anyone (unless they feel like they have the right to dictate how other people feel), to pedophilia, an interpersonal life-ruining thing?
    The fact that you honestly believe that Gender Dysphoria has no impact on the people not directly experiencing it shows you are absolutely and utterly fucking clueless as to how far current society is pushing shit to try to normalize it and cram it down the throats of everyone "not involved". People are losing their fucking jobs because they are not psychic and accidentally mis-identify some random person they have never met.

Also, there are plenty of pedophiles who have never EVER touched a child in their life, and never would, who will still get crucified in the court of public opinion if it ever came to light that they are attracted to underage people.

The things have plenty in common, one of the biggest of which is that the stigmas around both are almost entirely social constructs, and it is basically up to the whims of society as to which ones get defined as aberrant.