Lightbulb Introducing WarMaps! Travel Maps for WoW, Ready for 8.1.5!

After years of development during spare time in college, I present WarMaps (warmaps dot io)! The goal is to give the players the best route between any location, tailored for their character. I’ve been developing WarMaps as a hobby since Mists of Pandaria, and there is an incredible mix of excitement and fear to finally give the community the chance to see my passion project.

With that being said, the project has only been moderately tested by friends and family, so there is likely some bugs or incorrect answers, but hopefully any big flaw has been captured. Wow is such an immense game, and all the data was hand gathered by myself to be piped into the algorithm, so human error is very possible.

The website, and the algorithms which back it were all designed to support more games than just World of Warcraft Retail, so once I’m satisfied with the experience in WoW, I plan on adding more MMOs! Such as World of Warcraft Vanilla once its available.

Known Issues or Oddities:
    • Flight paths being all or nothing for continents is less helpful for leveling characters. There are technical reasons I haven’t solved within the routing algorithm.
    • Portals which open by quest progress, such as the Pandaria portal, just use level to infer its available, which can be incorrect.
    • Website is a bit slow and sometimes behaves oddly on Mobile
    • Some zones with particularly complex topology (Mount Hyjal) are poorly estimated because walking routes are direct within a zone.

Feature Plans:
    • Add a way run/store sequences of routes, to plan stuff like optimal routes for mount runs.
    • Pulling character data from the Armoury API
    • A Dark Mode
    • If technical / data gathering hurdles can be solved, add world topology, so ground routes properly use walking paths.
    • Hearthstone location suggesting.
    • Social logins
    • General improvements to the above “Issues” list.
    • Add more supported games than just WoW!

The server and operational costs are completely funded by myself and the development is done in my spare time. I really want to keep the service Ad-Free, unlike many of the WoW supplementary websites. If you like the service, please a moment to donate on the Pateron, to keep the servers running!

Great idea, but it needs some work still.

For example I want to go to the Caverns of Time from Stormwind. The website suggests that I should pick the Boralus boat (why not Boralus portal?), then take the Silithus portal and finally fly to the Caverns of Time. However a faster route would be simply taking the Uldum portal and flying from there.

btw. you should also consider making an addon out of that tech!
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-03-10 at 04:41 PM.