Poll: Door open or closed?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Open, better air circulation that way. Living alone right now, but even back when I had flat mates I'd keep it open, since I didn't feel I'd require absolute privacy for sleeping. Of course it would be creepy if someone entered the room while I was asleep, but I don't mind if they see me through the doorway while passing by or such.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Honestly you should keep it closed I hear, in case of a fire in other parts of your home it will help to slow the spread of the smoke which can cause you to die before you wake to the smoke alarms..

Closed, to keep the dogs in and the cats out. But even without pets I would close it, why else does one have doors? Air circulation? That's what windows are for, and the door isn't an airtight seal...

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Title question. Has changed through my life a lot. Closed currently.
    Half open, for my cat to get in and out without having to open the door her self.

It's one of those sliding folding doors and the only way she knows how to open it is claw at it or kick it from the outside which makes a racket so I just leave it half open pritty much all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Closed, to keep the dogs in and the cats out. But even without pets I would close it, why else does one have doors? Air circulation? That's what windows are for, and the door isn't an airtight seal...
    Hu. Your cats not worked out how to open it?

My cat has a thing about closed doors. She seems to like all of them open at all times including the ones to the under stairs. If there's a door closed and it isn't locked she won't quit till she's worked out how to open it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If we want any chance of sleeping the door has to be open, the cat needs his freedom.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

If there is no one else in flat I do not close. Otherwise I close door so noone disturb my sleep.

Open during the summer for air circulation, closed in the winter to keep the heat.

Closed. We have a cat, and that fucker is banned when we're sleeping. He gets to sleep on the couch in the living room if he so pleases, but he loves jumping and moving around in bed which wakes us up all night.. Hard pass.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

People relying on internal doors for security is almost as bewildering as people not wanting to get woken up by head bumps and sandpaper kisses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Hu. Your cats not worked out how to open it?
    Neh. We have six and they're all stupid, lazy or both They also have their own room with floor to ceiling climbingpoles, wallmounted baskets, etc. and they've never been in our bedroom, so they have no idea what they are missing

Summer time we leave it open because it keeps the room cooler and the air moves around better. Winter usually closed because it keeps it warmer. Doesn't really change how I sleep. The dog will start barking if anything stirs within the house and usually sleeps in the family room which leads down the hallway to the bedrooms. Unless there is lightning. Then it's big Lab ass is trying to get under the blankets.

open. air flow. i can't sleep hot
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Open or my cat will scratch the door all night.

Closed.

Which reminds me... I need to replace the door lock to my room. As it is, it won't unlock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Closed but there’s a hole in the bottom of it from a naughty puppy that dug it’s way into my room when lef alone one day and never fixed it. Cat uses it to get in now..
    And soon;

10+ Year Old Account
    The monsters and ghosts in the hallway can't get in if the door is closed. Those are the rules.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I sleep where ever I pass out, so sometimes yes, but mostly I don't know. I highly doubt I am in a bedroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly ajar. Lets air in and cats in/out

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    People relying on internal doors for security is almost as bewildering as people not wanting to get woken up by head bumps and sandpaper kisses.
    Yeah they are pretty flimsy. Even a little kid could punch a hole in them if they really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitex View Post
    Closed, in case a fire starts you won't have a room filled with smoke and suffocate. Smoke inhalation is the most common cause of death in house fires.
    This is the exact reason I keep my bedroom door closed at night. In fact I close all the doors.