Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Does this mean that in 2 years they'll re-release Wrath?
    Probably TBC and I honestly can't wait for TBC..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This may be the most blatant I've seen. They didn't even do it a week before or a week after, it's literally the day before they're available.
    If they did it a week after it would just be a screw you to people who want to change the first week as it last till the 31st. A week before would have been fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Am laughing my ass off now regarding the Race Change deal for Kul Tiran's and Zandalari.
    Anyone who claims the delay in release now wasn't based on financial reasons to encourage Race Change is going to have some massive egg on their face. Putting a sale on race/facion changes the same day they release? Jesus wept, they are going to rake in the cash...
    Is there really any issue with this though? It not like Blizz is announcing these features in conjunction with new races. People are going to race change day one regardless. I for one am happy to save a couple bucks.

Have to say, I’m laughing pretty hard at this. People crying on retail about content taking too long to release just to come to Classic news about content taking a while to release and singing its praises.
    So what does this mean? In 2 years people will get to raid Naxx? Face it, Blizz either realized people would have all of the content cleared in less than a month if it was released like a Private Server and grow bored, and/or they want to last as long as possible to make it appear they didn’t waste many hours of developing an old game. It’s already getting released in a 1.13 state which means it’s starting at a patch that never existed to provide spec and class balancing that was never around when these thing were first released.
    Regardless, I still hope it’s a success so people can have some enjoyment out of it.”, but it’s pretty funny seeing people like Eleccybub hate on Retail for things like prolonging raid tiers just to come into Classic posts and type about how good of a thing it is to slow down raid releases.

This may be the most blatant I've seen. They didn't even do it a week before or a week after, it's literally the day before they're available.
    It's been proven that the Kul Tirans weren't ready. What more do you need? Do you just want to be angry?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    care? there are classes that WERE NOT VIABLE AT ALL before patch 1.8

basically this means everyone is going to wait till phase 4 or later to bother playing, because this "plan" is worse than explosive baby shit
    Nah. You flat out fail at reading comprehension.

They didn't say they were releasing balances changes with patches. They are just staggering raids, which lets be real, anyone with a brain knew they would get around to doing correctly.

Classes are still going to come at 1.12 level of balance. So calm down and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If they did it a week after it would just be a screw you to people who want to change the first week as it last till the 31st. A week before would have been fine though.
    I'm actually happy about this. Yes, it is a cash grab as always but at least they are giving us a discount. I was hoping they would, since I assume many people will want to race change. It would be nice if it were 50% off though!

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    That's a completely idiotic way to measure content, as if a list of type of content was relevant to the amount of content to do.
    Uh, what? Lol. A list of content is entirely relevant.

I always laugh at people being like

OMG VANILLA WORLD PVP WAS THE BEST!!111!11one

Yet, I am frequently reminded by something I learned playing SWG.

In the absence of real content, players will make their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Have to say, I’m laughing pretty hard at this...
    I feel really sorry for you right now.

Also, no timeframes were released. I guess Blizzard will stay reactive at this and will release next phase when it will make sense from server progression perspective. If there will be a lot of raiding guilds already finishing MC, they can kick it forward.

It's not like it matters to me honestly. I will take my damn sweet time with Classic for sure.

So wait, people like you are upset about Allied Races and how it’s designed to get Blizz a quick buck from race changes, yet when they offer a discount, a fucking discount (read: cheaper) on race changing, that’s somehow going to make them more money!? Holy shit, we all know people are going to race change to KT and Zandy’s that have waited for them, and because Blizz is doing something that makes it cheaper for these people that’s a bad thing? My god, jaded people will complain about anything.
    “Hey, Blizz is giving everyone a free AH mount!” “Yeah, but it’s on the 1st which means you HAVE to renew your sub!”

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    This is big news. This should show everyone that they take classic seriously. Now they just need to fit in the pvp rewards and our gear progress path will be much more enjoyable.
    That's what I took away while reading it. Honestly, it makes me want to play it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I feel really sorry for you right now.

Also, no timeframes were released. I guess Blizzard will stay reactive at this and will release next phase when it will make sense from server progression perspective. If there will be a lot of raiding guilds already finishing MC, they can kick it forward.

It's not like it matters to me honestly. I will take my damn sweet time with Classic for sure.

Not sure why you feel sorry for me, I’m the one laughing. Man, you didn’t even link the full post. I love when people do things like that to make something out of context to appear superior when really they are just posting to be like “nuh uh, you’re a poopy head!”

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    It's been proven that the Kul Tirans weren't ready. What more do you need? Do you just want to be angry?
    I want them to not throw out sales when releasing content as a blatant and obvious cash grab, that's all I want.

- - - Updated - - -

So wait, people like you are upset about Allied Races and how it’s designed to get Blizz a quick buck from race changes, yet when they offer a discount, a fucking discount (read: cheaper) on race changing, that’s somehow going to make them more money!? Holy shit, we all know people are going to race change to KT and Zandy’s that have waited for them, and because Blizz is doing something that makes it cheaper for these people that’s a bad thing? My god, jaded people will complain about anything.
    “Hey, Blizz is giving everyone a free AH mount!” “Yeah, but it’s on the 1st which means you HAVE to renew your sub!”
    It's called 'temptation'. You might buy X thing if it's a whole $20, but if it's got a 30% discount, suddenly it's going to be a lot more appealing. Stores around the world have done this for decades. It's why 'Black Friday' is the biggest seller of commercial goods in the west every year.

Not sure why you feel sorry for me, I’m the one laughing.
    I know one mentally challenged guy, who is laughing uncontrollably on absolutely normal things. That's why..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostscythe08 View Post
    I'm actually happy about this. Yes, it is a cash grab as always but at least they are giving us a discount. I was hoping they would, since I assume many people will want to race change. It would be nice if it were 50% off though!
    I don’t plan on doing any changes but can see how people who were going to would be happy with the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Does this mean that in 2 years they'll re-release Wrath?
    I do indeed hope they plan on progressing the classic server. I'm unsure of the proper approach to handle it, as it would eventually get to the point of people wanting... classic again.

This is so subjective though, in my case I liked every expansion up-to Dragon Soul. Other people think X was the peak, others Y, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want them to not throw out sales when releasing content as a blatant and obvious cash grab, that's all I want.

- - - Updated - - -

It's called 'temptation'. You might buy X thing if it's a whole $20, but if it's got a 30% discount, suddenly it's going to be a lot more appealing. Stores around the world have done this for decades. It's why 'Black Friday' is the biggest seller of commercial goods in the west every year.
    Why would you want them to charge more for changes in the time frame most will be buying them?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why would you want them to charge more for changes in the time frame most will be buying them?
    I want want them to charge more, I just want them to not use these predatory practices. Did you not understand what I was trying to explain about discounts? Should I break it down further?

If you say, "We have this new thing we're selling!" and people say, "Well, that's too expensive, we won't buy it." and your response is, "Well okay, we'll reduce the price for a little while by a lot!" so the people then go, "Hhhmm... well maybe one would be fine." then that's scummy practices. If they really wanted to make it cheaper for everyone, they'd just reduce their prices permanently. This is just a tactic to boost their sales from people who otherwise wouldn't consider it. They're not looking out for the consumer in any way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    care? there are classes that WERE NOT VIABLE AT ALL before patch 1.8

basically this means everyone is going to wait till phase 4 or later to bother playing, because this "plan" is worse than explosive baby shit
    That's certainly one opinion

7+ Year Old Account
    I want want them to charge more, I just want them to not use these predatory practices. Did you not understand what I was trying to explain about discounts? Should I break it down further?

If you say, "We have this new thing we're selling!" and people say, "Well, that's too expensive, we won't buy it." and your response is, "Well okay, we'll reduce the price for a little while by a lot!" so the people then go, "Hhhmm... well maybe one would be fine." then that's scummy practices. If they really wanted to make it cheaper for everyone, they'd just reduce their prices permanently. This is just a tactic to boost their sales from people who otherwise wouldn't consider it. They're not looking out for the consumer in any way.
    Sorry but I don’t see how this could fall under predatory. People who want the race will get them either way just how they have with every single other race release. Blizzard giving a discount isn’t going to make people flock to a race they wernt going to play to begin with.