Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Please... Developers are more than capable of making a game both because they love it and also to make a profit. It's not a one or the other type of deal...
    Of course they are, but just because it is possible doesn't mean it is the case at the moment.

It just becomes hard to believe this as a consumer given the current state of the game, atmosphere of the community, and how much monetization seems to be attached to everything they do - in a game where we are already paying box price and a monthly subscription.

Might I refresh your memory, a few years ago, soon after Warlords of Draenor was released, they stated that the playerbase is cyclical, with a lot of people resubscribing only for a couple months, and that that was ok. Nowadays it seems they have an opposite opinion and are time and time again doing whatever they can to artificially extend how long people are subscribed, without actually offering more or better content.

I'm not even saying it's the developers' fault, they likely get exactly the same paycheck and bonuses regardless if they sell 0 or a million race changes. But I do strongly believe their creativity and productivity is being heavily impacted by the unsustainable profit growth expectations by the part of the higher-ups and investors.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2019-03-12 at 10:18 PM.