Thread: Charm / Sleep

Charm / Sleep

In Vanilla which CC where Charm and Sleep?

I don't know but you might want to be more specific - by charm you mean seduction the Succubus spell, or Mind control, the priest one; and by sleep, you mean hibernation, the druid spell or what I'm not sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't know but you might want to be more specific - by charm you mean seduction the Succubus spell, or Mind control, the priest one; and by sleep, you mean hibernation, the druid spell or what I'm not sure?
    I think this covers pretty much everything. Hibernate is the only "sleep" effect that I can remember from Classic WoW. It only worked on beasts and I think dragonkin (or whatever you called those smaller, almost human-sized dragon types). I remember that druids could be handy in Sunken Temple because some of those trash packs at the end had those dragonkin things, and druids could CC them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Wyvern Sting is also a sleep. Also several NPC cast sleep CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I think this covers pretty much everything. Hibernate is the only "sleep" effect that I can remember from Classic WoW. It only worked on beasts and I think dragonkin (or whatever you called those smaller, almost human-sized dragon types). I remember that druids could be handy in Sunken Temple because some of those trash packs at the end had those dragonkin things, and druids could CC them.
    Weirdly I took the question to mean "under which catagories do the spells "charm" and "sleep" fall?" (hence asking for clarification on the meaning of "charm") where now it is obvious to me that the question was asking "which abilities fall under the catagories "charm" and "sleep".

Di derp di doo. I should drink moar coffee before posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    There is also the magic dust that drop from west fall mobs that is a sleep effect if i remember right, can be used on anybody.

Mind Control is the only charm type effect in Classic can remember(that works on enemies). Sleep is not a category of CC in WoW, it's just a visual for incapacitate effects, which also includes Sap and Shackle Undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    Wyvern Sting is also a sleep. Also several NPC cast sleep CC.
    And don't forget magic dust; back when I pvp'd regularly, I got up extra early to farm them before doing my mining, then (ab)used the hell out of it on my hunter twink and rogue. Kept using it until they finally nerfed it to uselessness, if I recall correctly.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

What about SAP and Blind?

What about SAP and Blind?
    Sap is an incap effect like Repentence. Blind is a disorient like Scattershot iirc

I think scatter shot is

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Sap is an incap effect like Repentence. Blind is a disorient like Scattershot iirc
    It should be noted that retail Scatter Shot is an incap rather than disorient. Polymorph is also a disorient with an added healing effect to offset it being spammable.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Mind Control is the only charm type effect in Classic can remember(that works on enemies). Sleep is not a category of CC in WoW, it's just a visual for incapacitate effects, which also includes Sap and Shackle Undead.
    That's not true. Sleep is indeed a category of CC. You can't use UD racial on sap but you can use it on wivern sting and magic dust which induces sleep effects.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=2091
    https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?spell=24335
    Last edited by tikcol; 2019-03-19 at 11:17 PM.