Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What happened to Blizzards stance of end LFR bosses being wipeable?

Had a bit of my Dreadwake sub left so I figured I'd look at Jaina on LFR. Big mistake.

What happened to the KJ like difficulty that the devs said end bosses on LFR would equate to? She's easy as hell. Yes LFR is supposed to be easy I know but I remember back in Legion they said they found KJ the perfect difficulty in Tomb of Sargeras for an end LFR boss. She is literally a 70 mil HP loot pinata. At least Lei Shen LFR and Kil'Jaeden LFR actually threw something at you and had risk to it.

At least in FF14 with 24 mans you can actually wipe from messing up mechanics once or twice. Here you literally have free reign to fuck up as much as you want.

Blizzard seriously need to take a look at FF14 and it's 24 mans when designing LFR. The 24 mans in that game are still easy and doable by the average player but have mechanics that will wipe you.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-27 at 02:44 PM.

Why do you care? Nobody does LFR for the challenge.

I just want to afk my jaina quest so I can finish the story campaign and unsub again.

In the list of things wrong with this game, lfr being doable in a short time is so low down its a bonus to me at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely everything in this game is now meant to be easy, success guaranteed reward-showering; with one exception that few bother with. LFR is part of that, so you should expect things to just die.

It’s working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGodPleaseNo View Post
    I just want to afk my jaina quest so I can finish the story campaign and unsub again.

In the list of things wrong with this game, lfr being doable in a short time is so low down its a bonus to me at the moment.
    That attitude in itself means something is wrong with lfr (and always has been). It's fosters no investment in the game long term. It's a shitty mode and I despair at the people still defending it as a good game design choice.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

If it's too easy you can always take off your helmet while playing, spice it up a little, fighter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably to over correct the shitty end boss that was G'huun. Seems like everybody skipped that boss from LFR to Mythic. Especially so for LFR that can barely handle step out of the fire mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    That attitude in itself means something is wrong with lfr (and always has been). It's fosters no investment in the game long term. It's a shitty mode and I despair at the people still defending it as a good game design choice.
    Yeah people said LFR was shit from day 1.
    LFR was a convenient lie so the devs could just continue doing raids just like they always planned to, but the meme that lfr is anything but a handout for low hanging fruit has to die.

LFR is like giving your little sibling a disconnected controller so they could pretend that they are playing with you.

I don't want to have a big time investment, if lfr was hard with the state the game is currently in I wouldn't even bother with it, the whole game is boring. Being able to sub and smash out the stuff I need to do to keep up with the main quest line then unsub is a blessing at the moment.

Not saying that's good design, but in the mire of shit this expansion is, it's a highlight you can dip in, get it done then go back to having fun in a different game.

I just want to sub a month here and there, keep up with the main quest and close the gear averedge, just encase the dicks at blizz pull there finger out and fix the game befor the next expansion.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-02-27 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

At least in FF14 with 24 mans you can actually wipe from messing up mechanics once or twice.
    Even more so when your in a group split boss and i cannot heal all 3 groups on my own .
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Had a bit of my Dreadwake sub left so I figured I'd look at Jaina on LFR. Big mistake.

What happened to the KJ like difficulty that the devs said end bosses on LFR would equate to? She's easy as hell. Yes LFR is supposed to be easy I know but I remember back in Legion they said they found KJ the perfect difficulty in Tomb of Sargeras for an end LFR boss. She is literally a 70 mil HP loot pinata. At least Lei Shen LFR and Kil'Jaeden LFR actually threw something at you and had risk to it.

At least in FF14 with 24 mans you can actually wipe from messing up mechanics once or twice. Here you literally have free reign to fuck up as much as you want.

Blizzard seriously need to take a look at FF14 and it's 24 mans when designing LFR. The 24 mans in that game are still easy and doable by the average player but have mechanics that will wipe you.
    Maybe you were lucky? I've seen the fight wipe..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't want to have a big time investment, if lfr was hard with the state the game is currently in I wouldn't even bother with it, the whole game is boring. Being able to sub and smash out the stuff I need to do to keep up with the main quest line then unsub is a blessing at the moment.

Not saying that's good design, but in the mire of shit this expansion is, it's a highlight you can dip in, get it done then go back to having fun in a different game.

I just want to sub a month here and there, keep up with the main quest and close the gear averedge, just encase the dicks at blizz pull there finger out and fix the game befor the next expansion.
    Have you ever thought maybe thats why it's shit? And you realize "closing the gear gap" is pointless since each patch introduces catch mechanics right? I would never play for gear in this game. It lasts a couple months at best. Next patch world quests will be equal to or greater than mythic raid gear (that's what happened in 8.1)
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-02-27 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the factor that a lot of people *very early* in LFR's lifecycle of a specific tier, will be alts of players who have done the fight on a proper dificulty on their mains.

Knowledge of the fight will smooth out any encounter.

Within a few weeks you'll find these people have gotten what they wanted from LFR and Team Mouthbreather will stumble through, wondering why the encounters feel harder than before.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

And no I'm not saying the fights should be hard as hell either. Hell Blizzard are the ones who said in an interview back in Legion that they were happy with the KJ level of difficulty for an end LFR boss and then they turn around and make Jaina a 70 mil HP loot pinata with absolutely no danger to her.

I'm saying even in LFR it needs some danger rather than every boss being a loot pinata or being able to be afk'd on.

Durumu, Lei Shen, KJ, a fair few bosses in SoO and more on LFR could wipe you for messing up. That's good design. They were still easy but you still had to do the core mechanics of said fight. Just because LFR is a story mode it doesn't mean it has to be mindlessly boring.

Why should messing up a mechanic not be heavily punished? Again you can have an easy mode but still put mechanics around it. As 24 mans in FF14 prove.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-27 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Have you ever thought maybe thats why it's shit? And you realize "closing the gear gap" is pointless since each patch introduces catch mechanics right? I would never play for gear in this game. It lasts a couple months at best. Next patch world quests will be equal to or greater than mythic raid gear (that's what happened in 8.1)
    Nah I enjoyed legion which had a similar structure. It's shit because the combat and classes are boring, and there's nothing char customization wise except cosmetics to mess about with and get me teeth into in the off hrs.

I've said it befor. If the act of killing a thing is dull in a game about killing things, there's no much "content" can do to save it for me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is it any different from Normal or Heroic in that regard? Faceroll it once and then done if you're not interested in progressing your character.

I despair at the people who don't realize how good LFR has been for those of us that actually raid. More resources went into raiding after they added LFR and we've gotten pretty amazing tiers since then. LFR has only had a positive impact on this game. If you think people unsubbing once they've seen the story is bad, what do you think they'd do if they didn't have the option of even seeing the story. They wouldn't start raiding, we know that from history. They'd most likely just not play and then this game would really be in the shit.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Nah I enjoyed legion which had a similar structure. It's shit because the combat and classes are boring, and there's nothing char customization wise except cosmetics to mess about with and get me teeth into in the off hrs.

I've said it befor. If the act of killing a thing is dull in a game about killing things, there's no much "content" can do to save it for me.
    Lol... good point. But should Blizzard really listen to your concerns if you just "want to AFK for free stuff a month here month there"? Is that who they should design the game around? If the game was good would you like them to continue that philosophy?

Left after 5 stacks of Determination, so I'll have to agree to disagree with the premise.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's difficult when you have 70% of the dps doing 4k dps...somehow. That wall just won't die.

LFR is here as an excuse to make raid tiers, they said so in cataclysm and I believe them. It's here for people who just want to relax and see what happens, nothing else. It's working as intented and I like that it will keep working as that.

As other people have stated here, maybe your group was filled with alts of raiders and dps and mechanics were done ok.

At this rate prople will whine about the names they give to the food in the cooking profession, my god.