Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As much as I like the artwork - it doesn't make much sense, especially for the men.

I mean, male Naga have faces that are akin to dragons over elves. How can they change back, grow a nose and lose the razor sharp teeth - only to then, as soon as they touch water, they grow snake-like snouts and large fangs again?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    As much as I like the artwork - it doesn't make much sense, especially for the men.

I mean, male Naga have faces that are akin to dragons over elves. How can they change back, grow a nose and lose the razor sharp teeth - only to then, as soon as they touch water, they grow snake-like snouts and large fangs again?
    The naga transformation is a byproduct of a very nasty deal as we all know.. they transformed permanently.

There is something about wolfing in and out that just doesn't appeal to me. I get that some like it, but it makes me feel I play a human with some wolf transformation instead of just full on worgen. With Naga I feel different, it almost feels like transforming back to elf is such a crucial thing for them, I can imagine some hate themselves and had no choice in choosing to be a naga. It just doesn't feel right for me to just make it a wolf in/out button.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-12-23 at 02:28 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    then nvm the infamous playable Naga race... it's 2022 soon ofc they can. We need them in all it's glory.. no budget stuff like elf form cus we can't make sideasaddle work.
    Funny joke in this, that they made SPECIAL mounts in HOTS for non-bipedal characters, i mean what stops them from implementing similar thing in wow...anyway they add store mounts almost each month so why not add just another type of flying mounts while land mount can be racial thing like "Run on all four" for Naga/Centaur alike creatures.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Funny joke in this, that they made SPECIAL mounts in HOTS for non-bipedal characters, i mean what stops them from implementing similar thing in wow...anyway they add store mounts almost each month so why not add just another type of flying mounts while land mount can be racial thing like "Run on all four" for Naga/Centaur alike creatures.
    But.. who says we want that? we are talking about a single race... they need to make 2 models work with sidesaddle, male and female.

If they go for Naga.. No excuses, lets go, go for the full thing.

Worgen have this and tauren used to have plainrunning in alpha, it already been done and live. Naga should be able to have like 200% water movement speed, no transformation needed, they can literally swim super fast. Just obvious racial traits, you know stuff that makes sense, elf form does not.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-12-23 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Human faces also don't like dogs or wolves yet worgen exist.

I think the answer to questions of plausability should be "Magic, dawg"
    Because Worgen are like werewolves.
    Once bitten, you turn into one.

Naga are a different kettle of fish (pun intended.)

5+ Year Old Account
    But.. who says we want that? we are talking about a single race... they need to make 2 models work with sidesaddle, male and female.

If they go for Naga.. No excuses, lets go, go for the full thing.

Worgen have this and tauren used to have plainrunning in alpha, it already been done and live. Naga should be able to have like 200% water movement speed, no transformation needed, they can literally swim super fast. Just obvious racial traits, you know stuff that makes sense, elf form does not.
    I didn't asked for elf form for Naga, yet i hope that Naga even when implemented not gonna be glorified "WE DID IT" thing, that after them they would add other non-bipedal races so i feel its easier to just add new type of mount than HOPE that they gonna find some snake tail designer with 130 iq+ to tell them how to animate that tail;
    There a Sethrak race that would be perfect as opposing side for Water Snake vs Land Snake conflict, it would be nice if very same snake-master-animator would make cobra neck for them.

Edit: Is there a people who really wants to ride a horse while playing as Naga?; Thats sounds like some shit that Satan would like to do.

-Dorime Ameno- Theme plays in background
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-12-23 at 03:41 PM.
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    But both are transformations and both are inherently magical, nothing about them should follow any laws.
    So they should magically trade in their Dragon/Snake like snouts for noses, when out of water? Likewise, have regular elven teeth instead of Dragon/snake like fans?

Why can't we just have regular Naga? No legs is no problem, Mechagnome already hide leg models so the precedent is set. I don't see the point of making such a bizarre compromise that just gives us yet another clone of Elves when Naga as-is are fine.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't asked for elf form for Naga, yet i hope that Naga even when implemented not gonna be glorified "WE DID IT" thing, that after them they would add other non-bipedal races so i feel its easier to just add new type of mount than HOPE that they gonna find some snake tail designer with 130 iq+ to tell them how to animate that tail;
    There a Sethrak race that would be perfect as opposing side for Water Snake vs Land Snake conflict, it would be nice if very same snake-master-animator would make cobra neck for them.

Edit: Is there a people who really wants to ride a horse while playing as Naga?; Thats sounds like some shit that Satan would like to do.

-Dorime Ameno- Theme plays in background
    Its more about.. this topic has been debated since early days of wow and it comes down what you want to do with all other mounts that are non naga. Sidepaddle is the solution and it works in a fantasy game.. we have seen weirder things anyway. Wether or not they can find a modeler for it is realy not of our concern.. I dont feel the need to do the work for them. This is how I imagine the naga race being playable that brings this unique thing of no legs.

They could make a naga mount( bidepaddle even), but then you still need a solution for the other 400 mounts and elf form just doesnt suit the naga for sereval reasons. I really dont see the issue with making 2 models with an sidesaddle animation??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Why can't we just have regular Naga? No legs is no problem, Mechagnome already hide leg models so the precedent is set. I don't see the point of making such a bizarre compromise that just gives us yet another clone of Elves when Naga as-is are fine.
    The problem seems to be mounts.. but this is literal non issue when sidesaddle is an option. I also dont understand the issue... many of us want full on naga and that means.. they have to go all out.. the awkwardness with a tail and fishy jokes should all be included.

5+ Year Old Account
    They could make a naga mount( bidepaddle even), but then you still need a solution for the other 400 mounts and elf form just doesnt suit the naga for sereval reasons. I really dont see the issue with making 2 models with an sidesaddle animation??

- - - Updated - - -

The problem seems to be mounts.. but this is literal non issue when sidesaddle is an option. I also dont understand the issue... many of us want full on naga and that means.. full on naga.
    Since Blizzard nowdays spewing new store mounts so fast, i feel like its gonna be "Hold my beer" situation where they can sell a Bonus mounts for non-bipedal races and earn $$$$$ from Naga enjoyers.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since Blizzard nowdays spewing new store mounts so fast, i feel like its gonna be "Hold my beer" situation where they can sell a Bonus mounts for non-bipedal races and earn $$$$$ from Naga enjoyers.
    I am not sure about this, but what ever you say man������

Hey... it's the Jinyu with elf faces!

It's a sad state of affairs when fans put more effort into races than Blizzard does

Quote Originally Posted by Dejo93 View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs when fans put more effort into races than Blizzard does
    It's because it's night elves, and ofc, they can't be cool.. but if we ge tthem on the horde, they'd get really excited and make it really badass..

they really don't try for alliance races.. although I did find Tyrande cool.. so maybe something has changed.. but we'll have to see more. . wanna bet though Sylvanas will outshine her again in the final dialogue..

Would love to be proved wrong though.

No thanks. I'd much rather have legit naga with side-saddle riding and no elf form.

I can't imagine looking at naga, wanting to play a naga, and thinking "man, these would be cooler if they were just another kind of night elf though"

I'm not crazy about it but I would take this first over gilgoblins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post

Come on, that's a ridiculous nit pick in a game that has dragons transform to humans and humans transform to werewolf beast men. We even see Azshara able to transform herself to her night elf form.

the feasibility is irrelevant, it can happen in a magical world anything can happen.

question is, is it cool? and these look awesome. I'd love to see a Thalassian adaptation of this too, pink skin with some scaling.

Ofc night elf fans wouldn't be happy about this cos we'll be "stealing" their stuff again... don't blame them, but I'd still be curious to see what that might look like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm not crazy about it but I would take this first over gilgoblins.
    I think most people would any day. it will attract both monster lovers and elf lovers, especilaly if you can choose which form to operate in most of the time unlike worgen that forces one form on you. This would be extremely popular if it came. This si why it should go to the horde if you ask me. Naga may be connected to night elves, but they wouldn't want them, so it should come ot the horde, even if Elune is involved. Elune is involved with nightborne, so it's not exclusive to the alliance.

Besides, I think that naga first worked with Illidan and blood elves in TBC and although Illidan and naga are night elf related, night elves rejected them, so they shouldn't go to there.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I think most people would any day. it will attract both monster lovers and elf lovers, especilaly if you can choose which form to operate in most of the time unlike worgen that forces one form on you. This would be extremely popular if it came. This si why it should go to the horde if you ask me. Naga may be connected to night elves, but they wouldn't want them, so it should come ot the horde, even if Elune is involved. Elune is involved with nightborne, so it's not exclusive to the alliance.

Besides, I think that naga first worked with Illidan and blood elves in TBC and although Illidan and naga are night elf related, night elves rejected them, so they shouldn't go to there.
    Its ok to give Arcane theme to Nightborne, but stealing lunar theme... isn't too much?

Oh, amount of shit storms it would cause is endless; give break to night elf fans, like as if Elune would betray them more and more, on my part i can see how Azshara asks for Elune forgiveness and joins Tyrande in her quest to rebuilding of Night elf city, it would allow Naga to come home into Elune embrace.

Or suicide watch of night elfs, while another cool racial choice goes to Horde. And i saying all of these as Sylvanas faithful undead player BTW

That's not true

- - - Updated - - -

Its ok to give Arcane theme to Nightborne, but stealing lunar theme... isn't too much?

Oh, amount of shit storms it would cause is endless; give break to night elf fans, like as if Elune would betray them more and more, on my part i can see how Azshara asks for Elune forgiveness and joins Tyrande in her quest to rebuilding of Night elf city, it would allow Naga to come home into Elune embrace.

Or suicide watch of night elfs, while another cool racial choice goes to Horde. And i saying all of these as Sylvanas faithful undead player BTW
    Because it's the horde that has these things now, not the alliance. Blizzard changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post

Wow, for real? why do some horde fans always do this? When it's really nice, or really cool - all of a sudden, all the excuses that night elves can't have it - oh they left this 10,000 years ago, it's similar to blood elves, it fits blood elves and the horde more, night elves won't work with it. They do exactly the same to tell you why night elves can't have night elven cities, and it should go to the horde

Imagine that, night elves can't have night elven cities like Suramar, and night elven architecture when it's beautiful (no problems if it's in ruins like Eldre'thalas or Zin'Azshari), they've never had a problem with that.
    They can't have night elven based sub-races either, because oh, they left this ages ago, or they were enemies.

The fact that night elves can recover, or rebuild, can use magic, have ancient knowledge, not to mention groups once enemies can be redeemed, friendships can align again.. All doesn't matter

They made the same arguments for Nightborne completely forgetting the night elves have reconciled with their Highborne cast and also re-embraced magic

Why do they do this? Because they want the nicest things for their factions, and then try to make you feel or make it look like it shouldn't go to you, but to them.

So basically all the nice or cool things, and best things in night elf lore shouldn’t be available to the alliance, but to the horde or not available to players, because why? They'd get jealous and would like it, and they don't want their rivals to have it.

Watch what happens when you suggest that Silvermoon and blood elves should be alliance because of - "they fit the alliance theme better", they're originally from the alliance and alliance core"... watch them go