Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    He's a terrible candidate with a checkered past, no prominence, and almost zero redeeming qualities.
    You voted for a guy just like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You voted for a guy just like that...
    Trump has endless redeeming qualities.

Trump has endless redeeming qualities.
    Sexual assaultiness and racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sexual assaultiness and racism?
    You think those are redeeming qualities? What a horrible person you are!!

He's a terrible candidate with a checkered past, no prominence, and almost zero redeeming qualities.
    Add in a few sexual assaults and felonies and he will be the perfect guy for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    An empty vessel can be filled with whatever the people want, at least in terms of what they say they believe in; also allows people to more easily project their own beliefs onto the candidate if the candidate doesn't mess it up by being too transparent. Maybe I just need to do more research, but he makes my skin crawl at this stage.
    I have the same feeling as you do about Beto besides the main stream establishment is pushing him as another version of Obama and I wasn't a fan of Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You think those are redeeming qualities? What a horrible person you are!!
    Well, I didn't vote for Trump, so maybe you should take it up with the Trumpsters, they seem to loves those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Biden-Beto is a dead end. Agreed.

Biden-Harris or Sanders-Beto or Harris-Beto are logical.

The biggest question for Democrats is, can Progressives, which are a minority in the Democratic Party but much higher engaged than the center-left majority, manage to put a progressive at the top of the ticket (and is it strategically smart to?), or is the progressive a better fit for the VP slot.

Hillary half-lost her campaign when she picked Tim Kaine, aka Male Hillary From Virgina, who didn't offer a kind of "cooperative-contrast" on the ticket. She needed a young guy who could be her champion on progressive and working class issues. I don't think that mistake will be made twice... but just looking at the Obama-Biden ticket, it illustrates how differences are complimentary if handled right. And yes, for all 8 years + the campaign, Obama and Biden had real differences.

The stupidiest thing Biden or Sanders could do is pick a "mini-me". That's the 1990s model. It doesn't work anymore.
    I agree with this completely. I never really thought this through until you wrote it here, but the democrats really do have 2 factions, and both need to be represented on the ticket. If the progressive is at the top, then the VP needs to be quite high powered and VERY "centrist". If the centrist is at the top, then the VP needs to be quite progressive. Additionally, it might be wise for the Progressive President to have some Centrist cred, or for the Centrist President to have some Progressive cred.

By these standards, O'Rourke would not be the best President choice (too centrist), but he would make a perfect VP choice. And in a Presidential campaign, if he were VP to a Progressive President, he most definitely should be highlighted as much as the democrats can make a VP choice, with a LOT of campaign stops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see he's still cynically using the nickname he got from his family's help. Really one of the people

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I see he's still cynically using the nickname he got from his family's help. Really one of the people
    Barry Obama would know that doesn't actually work, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Beto would work better as a VP but eh.
    Agreed, popular, but low on experience. However, "low on experienced" worked well for Obama and (depending on how you define "well") Donald Trump.

As for me, I gots to update my priority list*. Beto is #3.

Sanders -> Warren -> Beto -> Buttegieg -> Yang -> Harris/Gabbard/Gillibrand -> Booker -> Biden -> 99.99% of the rest of the world population -> Hillary -> A rock -> Howard Schultz -> A pile of festering dung -> Donald Trump

*subject to change as I learn more about the candidates as 2020 nears.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is about Beto O'Rourke, not Donald Trump. Also, Trump was on the Apprentice, so I don't know what you mean by "no prominence"
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2019-03-15 at 12:05 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Oh no, someone was triggered! I guess what I posted was too close to home...

Looking more into Beto's voting history and I'd be even less inclined to vote for him in the primaries were I able. He's just too much of a conservative. He may have had enough star power to nearly unseat a Republican in Texas but I don't see him appealing to the progressive masses nationwide. He's not so much a Democrat as a Republican-lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This thread is about Beto O'Rourke, not Donald Trump. Also, Trump was on the Apprentice, so I don't know what you mean by "no prominence"
    I'm talking about Beto. Trump does have prominence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    https://politics.theonion.com/beto-o...epkgyTSiJ3UKEg

The onion is going hard on him, haha.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dull and uninteresting. A centrist who lost, a centrist who won't hold much ground and is unlikely to be much of a formidable contender.

I can see why the establishment likes him, but I can't imagine him doing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I know how to close umbrellas too.
    Can you also pee into the toilet instead of on hookers? That could be the slam-dunk factor.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Meh, just another establishment Democrat. Nothing really interesting.

Though if the best Trump can do against him is "he uses he hands to talk" then that's not a great sign for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't followed Beto much except for his good but losing showing against Cruz and now his announcement. The one thing I can't seem to find is any reason why Beto, in particular should be the nominee and/or President. All the other candidates or potential candidates, from Sanders to Harris, from Gabbard to Biden, I can see why someone might think they're the best choice or the right choice to run for President. They can all make a claim to have the right experience, or the right ideas, or the right ability to campaign, to win, to govern, to implement their agenda and boost the party's agenda.

So... why is Beto the right man for the job? What is he bringing to the table for us, the left-leaning or even just non-Trump voters? I haven't gotten that from his own messaging, his own website, or his supporters. It seems a pretty obvious hole in his campaign.
    Impeach the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    I haven't followed Beto much except for his good but losing showing against Cruz and now his announcement. The one thing I can't seem to find is any reason why Beto, in particular should be the nominee and/or President. All the other candidates or potential candidates, from Sanders to Harris, from Gabbard to Biden, I can see why someone might think they're the best choice or the right choice to run for President. They can all make a claim to have the right experience, or the right ideas, or the right ability to campaign, to win, to govern, to implement their agenda and boost the party's agenda.

So... why is Beto the right man for the job? What is he bringing to the table for us, the left-leaning or even just non-Trump voters? I haven't gotten that from his own messaging, his own website, or his supporters. It seems a pretty obvious hole in his campaign.
    He has the passion, he just feels he should be president, that it is his time. And you know he runs a good campaign.

Beto's speechs are quite impressive, not sure what else he has that qualifies his as a President, of course that means he's 1 up comparing to the "I have the best words" POTUS. Apparently he doesnt even know where he gets the words from.

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a "good" guy with a healthy view on the US etc. and he might do a good job, Biden just seems like a much better bet.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Beto's speechs are quite impressive, not sure what else he has that qualifies his as a President, of course that means he's 1 up comparing to the "I have the best words" POTUS. Apparently he doesnt even know where he gets the words from.

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a "good" guy with a healthy view on the US etc. and he might do a good job, Biden just seems like a much better bet.
    While in Congress, Beto frequently voted with Republicans and Trump on numerous issues. Seems like a good candidate to me.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../beto-orourke/
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)