View Poll Results: "DM" Stands for...

Voters
572. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deadmines

    279 48.78%
  • Dire Maul

    293 51.22%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #201
    DM will always be Deadmines, one of the best dungeons they ever made.

  2. #202
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    20,424
    Well I played on alliance in vanilla and DM was Deadmines AND Dire Maul.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  3. #203
    Dungeon Master
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    It's not confusing and people saying that we all said VC in vanilla are wrong.
    While i find "VC" entirely silly, it could still vary based on server as servers were more closed off back then.

    Personally, as someone who played on a handful of german servers, never saw "VC" once, despite that Van Cleef was still Van Cleef in the german client.
    Everyone called it DM, despite its name being "Todesminen" in german.

  5. #205

  6. #206
    High Overlord Chakah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In my Garrison
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Anyone who says Dire Maul didn't play from release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    You're linking a patch from 5 months after the game released, so I'm not sure what your point is.
    My point is..... actually no, I misread what you wrote. Oops

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Again, from release Deadmines was DM. When Dire Maul was added the debate began. But for people there from Day1, DM is Deadmines.

    Unless you're from EU I suppose. I think that launched with Dire Maul.
    Technically, EU launched 3 weeks before Dire Maul, but close enough.

    I would agree that DM was Deadmines, but many of the people on my server switched to VC during the summer of 2005.

    Guess we get to do it all over again since Dire Maul is going to be in Classic Phase 2. #nochanges has gone meta.

  7. #207
    Might be an alliance issue. At Horde was rare for anyone to go to deadmines so I remember everyone calling Dire Maul DM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

  8. #208
    Legendary! FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    6,634
    Calling Deadmines VC must be American logic..

    If your kid is named Thomas, Tom is a logic short. Is you kid named Samantha, Sam is a logic short.

    Yet, Americans seem to think that if you call you kid William, a logic short is Bill, and if you name your kid Richard, Dick is a logic short..

    A short is a shorter version of a name, NOT a cryptic rewrite..

    VC was never a thing in Europe.. People calling Deadmines VC are either stupid or Trolls.




    That being said; DM was ofc Dire Maul.. Deadmines was Deadmines.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  9. #209
    Dank Memes.

    I call both DM
    Last edited by mojusk; 2019-04-06 at 08:28 AM.

  10. #210
    "DM" alone doesn't mean Dire Maul because its separated into wings. You'll always see "DME", "DM East", "DMN", etc. Obviously they aren't referring to "Deadmines East"...

  11. #211
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    17,454
    Why not both, and look at the player's level

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Calling Deadmines VC must be American logic..

    If your kid is named Thomas, Tom is a logic short. Is you kid named Samantha, Sam is a logic short.

    Yet, Americans seem to think that if you call you kid William, a logic short is Bill, and if you name your kid Richard, Dick is a logic short..

    A short is a shorter version of a name, NOT a cryptic rewrite..

    VC was never a thing in Europe.. People calling Deadmines VC are either stupid or Trolls.




    That being said; DM was ofc Dire Maul.. Deadmines was Deadmines.


    VC was for the final boss, like LFM Van Cleef / LFM Onyxia / LFM World boss name

    Not sure why people did that. I think on horde it was called VC more often, as most horde didnt run deadmines while leveling.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by funkhouser View Post
    DM will always be Deadmines, one of the best dungeons they ever made.
    Agreed.

    With abbreviations you go with what was the first in the game. Deadmines was there first, it gets DM.

    Diremaul is still DM but you say DM (insert which one here) not just plain DM. -_-


    VC is stupid. I don't know why people keep trying to make it a thing. I guess we don't call ICC, we should call it LK. And we shouldn't call SoO SoO we should call it GH. It's a dumb way to name it.

  14. #214
    Dungeon Master.

  15. #215
    The Patient Darkynhalvos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    DM is Dire Maul. Deadmines is VC for Van Cleef. Anyone that played Vanilla would know that easily.
    VC is a boss. DM is the instance.

    If you mean Dire Maul, you ALWAYS specify the wing. 3 of them remember?

  16. #216
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,076
    Death Metal!

  17. #217
    Back in the day I remember people calling Deadmines VC. Didn't start seeing people call it DM until after Vanilla was over.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Back in the day I remember people calling Deadmines VC. Didn't start seeing people call it DM until after Vanilla was over.
    this could be correct, but to my knowledge we used VC to say that the run was already cleared mostly.
    Dm was deadmines, Dire maul was named as DM east etc. DM was also used as Diremaul where I checked the players lvl to see what he was asking for. All kinds of experiences for me.

  19. #219
    Direct Message me dirty things for free loot

  20. #220
    Both, but deadmines was in the game first so really if one of htem had to budge it should be Dire Maul, with DiM or something.

    But really you can usually which one someone means based on context, or in recruitment shout spamming by checking their level, as if someone is high enough level to do Dire Maul they could probably solo Deadmines at that point anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •