Regrowth vs. Rejuv

Hi as a new Resto drood i have a question / problem.

Rejuv is buffed by many sources. (better mastery uptime, Treeform, azerite for a longer rejuv, easier to refresh with Flourish)

And still.... if i compare it with regrowth.

According to the tooltips Regrowth is more mana efficient than Rejuv.

I checked 4 different top logs for grong mythic and several of my own. (not abundance specced)
    Even if Rejuv and Regrowth have the same overhealing percentage. (Most of the time Rejuv is higher on overhealing than regrowth)

... Regrowth is still more healing per mana spent (and per global spent) than rejuv.

Isn't it better to spend less globals on healing (and do some dmg meanwhile) instead of using those globals on rejuv?

All the guides tell me that regrowth is inefficient without procs. But the tooltip numbers and logs tell otherwise.

Maybe my math is wrong...

Rejuv (16sec long): 96% Spellpower over 16 secs for 10,5% Basemana
    Regrowth: 120% Spellpower upfront and afterwards 30%Spellpower over 12 secs for 14% Basemana (120+30=150% spellpower)

Heal per mana:
    Rejuv: 96%/10,5% = 9,1 Spellpower for 1% Basemana
    Regrowth : 150%/14% = 10,7% Spellpower for 1% Basemana
    Regrowth (only upfront heal): 120%/14% = 8,6% Spellpower for 1% Basemana

So rejuv is better IF it doesnt overheal at all and the Regrowth hot is Overhealing over its full duration.... doesnt sound very likely

I know that the Rejuv buffs my other heals with mastery. In this case i lose the healing buff from that rejuv trait.
    The regrowth hot also buffs my mastery BUT is 4 secs shorter (12 instead of 16)

But is it rly worth that much considering im loosing out on so many globals over the course of a fight by spamming those rejuvs.

much blabla ... according to the tooltips and warcraftlogs numbers...regrowth is somehow more efficient than rejuv, why?^^
    (outside of treeform of course)

Enlighten me pls.

Regrowth and Rejuv fill different roles, really. Regrowth is front-loaded, the HoT can be almost ignored other then for mastery purposes, while Rejuv is a pure HoT.
    So I can apply a whole load of Rejuvs before I know that raid-wide AoE is coming in, and then the heals can start ticking, combined with Flourish this can be really powerful.

In short, Regrowth is a lot more about reacting to damage, while Rejuv in part is about anticipating it.
    Also neither of these exist in a vacuum, so its not about which of both buffs your mastery when both could be doing it at the same time.

One last thing, Regrowth is not just a global, but an actual cast. Sure, its the same length as a global, but it does require standing still, which is quite a difference to keep in mind as well.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very different spells with different purposes. It's not a matter of using one over the other. Use both.

regrowth is often cast on people already hotted
    and it overheals way less often
    but a lot of it just comes from high logs casting those regrowths to people that already have 1-3 hots on them already and rampant growth (that one azerite trait puts an absurd amount of extra hpm into an occasional regrowth, but less so into spammed regrowths)
    that said though, I have messed around with an abundance 3x rampant build and it's honestly not bad

here's a log that helps represnt how big that can get from a high abund log with no rampant: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=2
    even with a 1-3 regrowth rejuv ratio with abund, he's not getting nearly as an absurd amount of hpm from regrowth that other logs might suggest from the only occasional benefits of rampant. Also this guy would totally have rank 1 for this first week if he had rampant (or I would if our fucking hunter hadnt ran into blast off before the last wormhole and killed himself and another grenade off his explosion and the double dot wormhole wiped us)

anyways rejuv is better hpm, regrowth is better hpc
    also as far as abundance, it's usually behind cen ward in any short fight, but really pulls ahead on longer fights where you dont have to move much, the it basically just means you cast regrowth at 5+ rejuvs

You're way over thinking it. Like others have said, they fill different needs. Rejuv is more of a triage heal, whereas regrowth is more of a trauma heal.

You should be using both, along with the other heals that druid has.

You simply need both. And you should not regrowth a target without having a rejuv (and therefore possibly a culti) on them.
    Always remember our mastery. And regrowth only makes sense if procced and/or the target has already hots on them.

Rejuv should always be running, and regrwoth if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    You simply need both. And you should not regrowth a target without having a rejuv (and therefore possibly a culti) on them.
    Always remember our mastery. And regrowth only makes sense if procced and/or the target has already hots on them.

Rejuv should always be running, and regrwoth if needed.
    How does regrowth benefit from our Mastery?

i thought just the Hot part of regrowth will be affected by the mastery?

So why does regrowth just makes sense if other hots are on the target?
    Thanks for the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    How does regrowth benefit from our Mastery?

i thought just the Hot part of regrowth will be affected by the mastery?

So why does regrowth just makes sense if other hots are on the target?
    Thanks for the answers.
    Hi Mordog
    RestoDru mastery is the following: Your healing is increased by XY% for each of your Restoration heal over time effects on the target.

This means that ALL of our healing is increased when the target has HOTs on them. The more HOTs target has, the higher is the healing done on that target.

So in this case of a regrowth:
    - When the target has no HOTS, the initial heal and the HOT of regrowth will be flat.
    - When the target has one or more HOTS, the initial heal and the HOT of regrowth will be much higher according to the number of HOTS the target has and the amount of mastery a player has.

So therefore, healing someone with pure regrowth who is low on HP, will be hard to top off.
    I usually put on a rejuv first (and therefore a culti) and you will already have about 30% more healing for the regrowth (2* 15% mastery because of the two HOTS, for example)
    Mastery is usually somewhere between 15-20% per HOT, depending on the amount of mastery.

Healing is not as easy to sim as DPS.

For one, you are not considering the fact that the rejuv HoT lasts longer and therefore, a single cast can heal damage that comes over its whole duration whereas if you wanted to heal that same damage with your regrowth, you may have your target's life drop lower than you might like. I am not much of a man of numbers, but rejuv is definetly more mana efficient than regrowth in the long run, not to mention that having it blanketed allows you to benefir from mastery right away when necessary.

Also, in a case where you need to react to AoE damage, regrowth is useful for boosting one or two people that are starting to drop very low, but with the casting time you would probably want to blanket everyone with at least one rejuv first, as you can distribute that faster (although preferably you would want your rejuvs distributed in advance, evidently which is something you are definetly not doing with regrowth)

Edit: Lastly, I saw you mentioning a loss of DPS with rejuv? quite the opposite is true. You can transform most of the regrowth cast times into DPSing times if you use rejuvs when possible instead

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Hi Mordog
    RestoDru mastery is the following: Your healing is increased by XY% for each of your Restoration heal over time effects on the target.

This means that ALL of our healing is increased when the target has HOTs on them. The more HOTs target has, the higher is the healing done on that target.
    Hey Wild!

Thanks for pointing that out, i get it now!

Thank you!