Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Zandalari Troll Run Animations

So with the patch having released today in the US, we now know that these run animations are final. You get to choose between a baby running with her toys splayed outward because she doesn't understand wind resistance yet, or a stiff rugby player bouncing like the Dwarf male run animation.

Why are people OK with the shoddy work that has been done with run animations overall? Many of the new models have run animations that are worse than the original 2004 models, how is that acceptable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kladdkaka View Post

Why are people OK with the shoddy work that has been done with run animations overall? Many of the new models have run animations that are worse than the original 2004 models, how is that acceptable?
    your perception of what is shoddy or not is....... just your perception

it 's not smart to assume

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    your perception of what is shoddy or not is....... just your perception

it 's not smart to assume
    Right, the problem with discussing these things is that people will vehemently defend Blizzard's actions if they're subjective.

I agree with OP that some of the model updates made run animations in particular way worse, and there are certain very buggy animations in the game still with certain races (play a Troll Male with a polearm, and you'll see). I don't think the Zandalari Male looks too bad though, but the female definitely does look like she's a baby with toys.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the running animation and many others look like crap. It's obvious that they (Zandalari) are rushed and unpolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Yeah, the running animation and many others look like crap. It's obvious that they (Zandalari) are rushed and unpolished.
    Rushed?

You can call anything but rushed. We have been waiting one and a half years for Zandalari Trolls to become playable. They had all this time to polish them. They might be unfinished due to lazyness, but they weren't rushed.

Back in my day we had Human running animations that looked like they were running with a full diaper.

Things could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Back in my day we had Human running animations that looked like they were running with a full diaper.

Things could be worse.
    Nowadays we have Humans whose feet basically never leave the ground, which is a common theme for run animations post update. That, or weightless run animations, or just a lot of bounce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I missing something or isn't that just the normal Female Troll animation?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Kladdkaka View Post

So with the patch having released today in the US, we now know that these run animations are final. You get to choose between a baby running with her toys splayed outward because she doesn't understand wind resistance yet, or a stiff rugby player bouncing like the Dwarf male run animation.

Zandalari female = regular ass troll female

Zandalari male = night elf male

And yeah, I would personally choose both of those over human or orc, whose running cycles have them smash their faces in with each arm swing, should their weapons be unsheathed. That applies on both old and new models.

Anyway, don't see what your point is, the only actual unique rigs are the Kultirans.

15+ Year Old Account
    The female one isn't too bad. The male one is stiff af though.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure how else bigass lean muscular athletic Zandalari male with pumped up shoulders supposed to run. Pretty sure thats pretty accurate depiction of how the creatures like them would run.
    How its looking is different matter.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Rushed?

You can call anything but rushed. We have been waiting one and a half years for Zandalari Trolls to become playable. They had all this time to polish them. They might be unfinished due to lazyness, but they weren't rushed.
    Well, they started actively working on them maybe 2-3 months ago. Animations were still incomplete a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Zandalari female = regular ass troll female

And yeah, I would personally choose both of those over human or orc, whose running cycles have them smash their faces in with each arm swing, should their weapons be unsheathed. That applies on both old and new models.

Anyway, don't see what your point is, the only actual unique rigs are the Kultirans.
    It's not, and it's not. If you knew either of those animations you'd know that's not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    The female one isn't too bad. The male one is stiff af though.
    The only issue with the female one is how she holds her weapons like a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Am I missing something or isn't that just the normal Female Troll animation?
    See above.

Looks fine to me.

Yeah there are issues, but this isn't one of them. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Yeah there are issues, but this isn't one of them. IMO.
    No, there certainly are worse races than this.

The problem isn't that the Zandalari run animations are the worst ever (that probably goes to Orc Female or Dwarf Male, since the update), the problem is that we're accepting shoddy animation work in general - where in many cases the difference between before and after the model update, some of them are actually worse and less natural than before, rather than an unequivocally obvious improvement in all cases as it was supposed to be. They also seem to have abandoned the models now, so we're stuck with some of them being just worse than before other than skin and polygons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks good to me

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Both look fine to me though arms is a stupid looking spec so two 2handers always look dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post

yea Im with you on this, they look very similar to night elf male running, which is really bouncy after the model update. but atleast they dont pierce their eyes with unsheathed weapons.( if ofcourse that weapon isnt a big axe. )