Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Came for the salt, was not disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    no thanks, there are better free games to play

Once you do the new content in 3 hrs , its kinda back to how it was before you stopped playing. Boring and pointless. The devs are desperate to bring numbers up. Also not sure if there gonna use this to say there was a spike in players. Just to report to executives to save themselves from layoffs. Imo wait until flying/new island opens up, otherwise your stuck doing the same boring content as before.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Yikes talk about desperation. Only 6 months into this expansion and they're already doing free promos to try and get people to pay for that one month. Gotta meet that half-year profit goal I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should unban accounts for like 1 hour and see how many people jump back on for it :P

3 hours?? Hahaha. Activision still manage to surprise me how shit company it is.
    Anyway i will not play retail version even if they pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It literally is. Except there is a new raid!

Although they finally got it wrong with a patch .1 raid believe it or not. In the past we had Nighthold and Blackrock Foundry which were awesome but BFD is just terrible. Only decent boss in there is Jaina.
    You need a doctor, Seems like you have some... blizzard issues (you know, like daddy issues?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Came for the salt, was not disappointed.
    I can see @Eleccybubb's still raging on the forums even when wow is dead, gotta keep the salt on.

LOL @ the number of people reading days as hours.

Errrorroror!

Yey ty blizz, cancelling weekend plans 3.2.1... lol

Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    Yikes talk about desperation. Only 6 months into this expansion and they're already doing free promos to try and get people to pay for that one month. Gotta meet that half-year profit goal I guess.
    That's not even the desperate part.

They purposely limited the expansion time to 3 hours if you don't own it to basically try and push sales. That is the desperate part.

The better move would be just to let people go wild with BFA over the weekend but sadly ActiBlizz don't know how to make smart decisions these days or ones for the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Most definitely not. Also, look at this trash, how desperate you must be with your lack of actual content to offer a trial of.... nothing.
    Best thing about it is that it's the exact same trial they offered back in Oct. They didn't even bother extending the access to try and get unsubbed accounts that go up to Legion interested in the new expansion by exploring the first zone.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Do classes still suck? Does Azerite still suck? Does the story still suck? Can I fly yet?

I already know the answer to those, so I don't need to bother logging in. The reason I stopped playing wasn't because it cost too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Don't worry guys, 3 hours is plenty of time to do all the 8.1.5 content.
    This is pure gold.

Wow... 2 whole days for a game that should have gone Free to Play years ago, so generous. Though maybe I'm just bitter because I work on weekends. I'd love to work on Pathfinder 2 or something... but you know... gotta gate that gating behind more gating. Oh well, atleast I can finish the raid and roll a Kul'tiran and Zandalari toon I'll never play and log out without playing in the few hours I'll have, so theres that. That gift horse, I'm looking it right in it's damned mouth.

No way in seven hells, am I going to recommend any of my friends to return to WoW in its current state. This move is a greedy move from Blizzard to make you pay for faction change because of 2 new allied races. Allied races is nothing more, than yet another microtransaction scheme from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by martinboy View Post
    No way in seven hells, am I going to recommend any of my friends to return to WoW in its current state. This move is a greedy move from Blizzard to make you pay for faction change because of 2 new allied races. Allied races is nothing more, than yet another microtransaction scheme from Blizzard.
    I love the part that you have to pay for a sub just for the chore of grinding them through over 10 years old content or for the privilege paying to get them to level (But then the shiny outfit, can't give them that). Sub races are inane in their implementation, even more so with the amount you pay to level them.

Well 2 I highly recommend are ESO and FF14.

Great communities, decent games, dev teams that give a damn about the product and so on.

If you want something in the F2P market well I can recommend Neverwinter. It's grindy as hell and a bit P2W but still decent overall.
    First both game are vastly diferents, and ppl tent to prize them and they have as much issues as WoW have.

FF14 is a huge impact for a western player, since the game play and feel like any Asian MMO. So is hard to get used to it, and the game have as much time gatting as WoW.

And ESO is more close to SWKOTOR that wow, that game is heavy SP more that MMO, and story drive. On Eso you can spend your days playing w/o grouping with other, and just join a party to do a dungoen.

No MMO out there right now is doing well. The golden age of MMO is over.

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    First both game are vastly diferents, and ppl tent to prize them and they have as much issues as WoW have.

FF14 is a huge impact for a western player, since the game play and feel like any Asian MMO. So is hard to get used to it, and the game have as much time gatting as WoW.

And ESO is more close to SWKOTOR that wow, that game is heavy SP more that MMO, and story drive. On Eso you can spend your days playing w/o grouping with other, and just join a party to do a dungoen.

No MMO out there right now is doing well. The golden age of MMO is over.
    LOL.

FF14 does not have as much timegating as WoW. Please stop spreading blatant misinformation. The only thing timegated is the final content patch split up into 2 parts. And no it does not play like any Asian MMO such as Aion or Tera. Or BDO. Those games have insane mindless grinds that usually end up with you forking money over to alleviate it better.

As for ESO. Being SP driven is not a bad thing. It has plenty of group content.

And no. There are MMOs out there doing well. Your idea of well seems to be that it has to have more players than WoW. Which is a load of nonsense.

But of course it's hard to take you seriously when you are just posting misinformation about other games to make WoW appear better. I'll just stop because there's no point even having a discussion because you will just want to only see one side of it. Good day.

Never understood why when someone looks for a different game to play people come in and try to detract them with why WoW is objectively superior in their eyes.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-19 at 12:08 PM.

To try and push the expansion on them. It's a really scumbag thing to do and they know it. Especially when they say "HEY WHILE YOU ARE BACK TAKE A LOOK AT OUT SALES GUYS".

This company sadly has started to fall so far from grace as of late.
    That's the point. They put the expansion on sale. Likely didn't work as well as they hoped for. So they handle out a free weekend but then limit the trial for the expansion to three hours(which is like nothing. Definitely not enough to experience all the downsides of it). If 1 hook doesn't work, try 2.